Sue's Diary - need all your help - dream job in 5 weeks!

susysu

Hi Guys

I have landed my dream job but even though I knew it was a possibility, I still didnt lose weight for it, and now I find myself at 16 stones and about to start training in 5 weeks with a bunch of 18 year old skinny minnies!

i know i cant expect miracles but i want to shift as much as possible before training and then carry on for another 6 weeks, probably not 100 per cent but the best I can so i can feel as good about myself as i can

I am cross and frustrated with myself that i have put myself in this position. I know i will struggle to buy smart clothes and have put myself at a disadvantage with my confidence. Its going to be so out of my comfort zone doing this at my age, the last thing I should be worrying about is my weight, but it is what it is, and i know that I have no room for error, or cheats, or bad days, every day is going to matter

I have started today, have had my 3 shakes and feel determined, but then I always do! However I think the fear factor of feeling fat compared to the others will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow!

How much do you seasoned experts think I could lose in the next 5 weeks if I stick to it 100 %?

Last edited:
Hi Sue,

Congrats on the dream job. I can only speak for myself and I've lost 1st 9lbs in 5 weeks... so you could definitely hit that goal if you focus. I am finding even that 1st 9lbs has made a huge difference to me and spurred me on to keep going. I wish you all the best :)

hi

thank you for your reply

you've done brilliantly, 1 and a half stones would make all the difference to me and make me feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin

im on day 3 now and have been 100% the last 2 days. I wish i could have found the motivation months ago but i didnt so just have to get on with it now!

how have you found your last 5 weeks? any tips or advice you can give me?

Day 4

Been 100% so far but weekends are always dangerous for me

Have a horrible skanky tasting mouth and v bad breath so got chewing gum at all times. That's prob not allowed but there's not much alternative

I have still been having cups of teas with skimmed milk about 5 times a day. If I had to do this just on water I wouldnt stick to it so I've decided to try it with the tea. I prob have about 3 cans of coke zero too

Have a good weekend everyone

The only advice I can give, is just stay focussed on the end goal and every time you crave something, visualise yourself that 1.5st lighter and that should keep you motivated..
I'm the same with the milk, giving up milk in my coffee was just one sacrifice too far for me, and it hasn't made a difference to my weight-ins as far as I can see. You're nearly finished your 1st week now, you should have a good result :D

Back