SugarPlum (24st) to TinkerBell (12st)

If you've hardly been having any syns, it might help to have a few more, especially if your calories are only adding up to 1000. If you don' eat enough, your body goes into like 'starvation mode' and keeps hold of everything so you won't lose as much.

Also sometimes it takes a while to balance out, if you've had 2 big losses in a row you would be more likely to sts or even gain, but chances are it'll balance out again next week.

Don't let it get you down :) you're doing really well!

Hiya Sugar....I have found myself terribly bloated with 'green' days so on the few I've had...I've actually added more fruit and veg and actually less pasta/pots/rice etc. I have found 'red' days better for me. Main thing is just to keep your very positive outlook as it's a journey we are all on and a journey is about keep moving forward :)

Hi Ladies....

WI day today & I am totally Gutted!!! :cry:

I have put 3lb on!!! :cry::cry::cry:

firsty have a hug ((hug)) you have been so so good this week xxxxx

So I have a few questions, apart from the meal on Thurs, I have totally stuck to the plan! Soooo upset, I knew there would be weeks when I put on a little but not 3lm & not in week 3!

So here are a couple of my question...

1. I had a lot of Green days, do they usually give you a lower weight loss?

Obviously everyone is different but yes I truely believe they bloat me and I would most definately lose less or no way fully on green but thats my body..

2. Do you think last weeks 7lb loss may have been a false reading, as I was so poorly with tonsilitus & had hardly ate?

that is also a possibility

3. Do anti Biotics have an effect on loss?

4. I have hardly had any sins, can not having all your sins effect you WI.
again I do think it can. It does with me. The syns really are an integral part of the diet. You should have 5-10 a day for definate. You often read more syns people lose more. I don't mean like 30 syns just the 5-10 a day :D

4. I have drank GALLONS of water but I do put a little sugar free squash in it, will this lower the benifits of drinking water? Should I just be sticking to plain water?
should be fine. I drink mainly water and just the odd sugar free but it shouldn't affect your loss

5. I have also been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal (I know SW is'nt calorie controlled, it was just for my interest) & My calories each day is only about a 1000. Is this a bit low for my starting weight??
i would say so and thats why they say you need the syns. otherwise our bodies thing we are starving ourselves and hold onto more. I am no expert but thats how I understand it
LOL.... Sorry 101 questions, Its just whats going through my head, I am trying to understand why I have had a gain?! :cry:

I have also felt soo bloated & a little .... (Whispers..) constipated!! :eek: I know, far to much info!! LOL
that seriously won't help you either sweetie. Can make a huge difference to your weight loss.
BUT.... I am still 120% Motivated!!

good on sweetie as this is long term. You can do it. and you will do it. Your body needs to adjust to new eating habits
I have a nearly a full Red week planned this week, so I am hoping for a BIG week next week!
I so hope so. I have everything crossed as you truley deserve too. I shall ensure I take the laptop on holiday next week and hope there is WIFI in the cottage, I tink there is
Plans for today, is to go for a really long walk - about 3 hrs! :eek: Then come home to a lovely cooked breakfast! A great benefit of a REd day!! :D

If anyone can shed any light on my gain, I would really appreciate it! If you tell me, it just sometimes happens, thats fine also. :D

Well here is to a new week....

sorry for all the red, but was easier to answer each point so I don't forget. Keep at it sweetie the plan does work and it will come off. xxxxx

JackieN said:
sorry for all the red, but was easier to answer each point so I don't forget. Keep at it sweetie the plan does work and it will come off. xxxxx

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for all your comments! :) I really appreciate it.

I am off for a long walk now, I am still 120% motivated... Fingers crossed I will have a super week this week!

Have a great holiday!! Xxxx

Sweetie, you will have a good week this week okay? The power of positive thinking. You can do this and you will do this... this was a blip and not a nice one as it was far from deserved. You have to put it down to various things that can all be sorted this week, so please please please do not be disheartened. It actually happens to so many people if you read diaries and posts on here. xxxxx

Hi Ladies....

WI day today & I am totally Gutted!!! :cry:

I have put 3lb on!!! :cry::cry::cry:

So I have a few questions, apart from the meal on Thurs, I have totally stuck to the plan! Soooo upset, I knew there would be weeks when I put on a little but not 3lm & not in week 3!

So here are a couple of my question...

1. I had a lot of Green days, do they usually give you a lower weight loss?

Everybodies different - some people lose better on red and some on green. It's finding what works best for you.

2. Do you think last weeks 7lb loss may have been a false reading, as I was so poorly with tonsilitus & had hardly ate?

It's possible that last weeks loss was a false loss down to illness.

3. Do anti Biotics have an effect on loss?

4. I have hardly had any sins, can not having all your sins effect you WI.

Yes. I don't know why cos it's not that many calories.

4. I have drank GALLONS of water but I do put a little sugar free squash in it, will this lower the benifits of drinking water? Should I just be sticking to plain water?

It's the fluid that matters so the orange will be fine.

5. I have also been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal (I know SW is'nt calorie controlled, it was just for my interest) & My calories each day is only about a 1000. Is this a bit low for my starting weight??

That's way too low. You're body may have gone into starvation mode. Even Rosemary Conley only recommends going as low as 1200 cals for 2 weeks then upping to 1400 cals or a lot more depending on your weight.

Have you been feeling hungry?

LOL.... Sorry 101 questions, Its just whats going through my head, I am trying to understand why I have had a gain?! :cry:

I have also felt soo bloated & a little .... (Whispers..) constipated!! :eek: I know, far to much info!! LOL

BUT.... I am still 120% Motivated!!

I have a nearly a full Red week planned this week, so I am hoping for a BIG week next week!

Plans for today, is to go for a really long walk - about 3 hrs! :eek: Then come home to a lovely cooked breakfast! A great benefit of a REd day!! :D

If anyone can shed any light on my gain, I would really appreciate it! If you tell me, it just sometimes happens, thats fine also. :D

Well here is to a new week....

You're mixing the plans up this week which is good cos it will fool your body.

I've had a bad result too but we will do this with all the support from the lovely people on here :)

Sugarplum my lovely girl, have a big cherry-pie hug {{{{{{ xxx}}}}}

I can really only echo the great ladies above:

- its possible you did get a 'false' number last week, particularly if you were poorly. I don't know much about antibiotics but they could well have an effect.

- all the plans work, but I do think that some suit individuals better than others - for me, I definately lose best on red days, and if I do green days I need to be very careful around some of the processed stuff like pasta n sauce and mug shots, they are great once or twice a week but I couldn't have them every day and lose weight - salt content perhaps? MSG? Don't know why but I know that for me thats the case. It might take you a little while to work out what works for you but keep at it, you'll get there!!

- if you haven't 'been' for a few days you've probably got a few pounds stored up - sorry TMI!!! Water, fruit, veg or my personal favourite a good chilli or curry!!!

- please don't worry about calories on this diet, you'll just end up doing your own head in!!! Relax into the plan and believe in it, eat plenty of free food (it really does seem that the weeks I eat more are the weeks I lose more) and have some syns every day, thats why they're written into the plan, so you can enjoy them!!

I've been where you are and it is soooooo frustrating, but keep going and you will see the losses mounting up soon. Remember, we're here for the long term so one week of out many won't spoil the end result, not if we don't let it xxxx

Thank You ladies for your support! :)

I agree, I am In this for the long haul, so one week won't stop me reaching my Goal! :) I am looking at it, that I have lost 11lb in 3 weeks, which is still pretty good! ;-) LOL

Just been for a mega long walk, a large part of it uphill. I really pushed myself for the full 90min! At this moment in time, I look like a beetroot! Lol Going out for Another long walk tomorrow... I have a good feeling about the week coming up!!

I haven't been really hungry, but when I read food diarys on here, I do think I might not be eating enough. I will put all my food up and you can let me know! :)

Can't say I haven't eaten a lot this morning though... ;-)

BREAKFAST - 4 washers lean bacon, no fat. Loads of Mushrooms, Grilled Tomatoes & a Poached Egg. Also I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast. Very full but I am sure I have walked most of it off! :)

DINNER - Muller light & strawberries

Just been to my mums for tea, a lovely Roast Beef Dinner!!

Loads of beef, loads & loads of veg, couple of baby potatoes (b) & yorkshire pud & gravy!! (sins)

Soo glad I went for that long walk earlier!! Lol xxx

AW Sugar only just realised you put 3lbs on this week and there was me moaning to you yesterday about cravings . Sugar you need to eat more food darl, my dd lost 7 lbs this week she's 15 and she ate and ate and ate. She had so much it is costing me a fortune in fresh food and fruit and bachelor's pasta n sauce pkt's!!lol!How the hell she lost all that i DON'T KNOW BUT it made me think about the amounts of food and I think we need to eat a lot of free food to get and keep our metabolism going. You have done so well too it is disappointing for you love but don't be downhearted you are prob going to lose loads this week just stick to it and see how you do I bet you will lose lbs! I hope you do anyway darl speak tom x

Having probs with my Lap Top today, so having to do all my updates Via my I phone! :-(

Here is today's planned meals...

Breakfast - Weetabix & strawberries, with Mullet Light over (b)

Dinner - Huge BLT on wholemeal bread (b)

Tea - Grilled Rib Eye with a Ton of Roasted Veg, butternut squash, carrotts, shallots, beetroot. Yum Yum

I am on a Red day... But as you can see, not really had any sins. Maybe I will have a large glass if red with my tea! ;-)

Does there seem enough food here, or am I still not eating enough? My portions are big... So 4 slices of bacon on the BLT & there will be a mountain of roasted Veg!!

I have been reading some Yummy recipes for next week already!! I am intrigued to try the quark with white options in, over Rasberrys!! :) xx

I honestly don't know Sugar but shouldn't you be having snacks as well love? Ignore me what do i KNOW JUST THAT GOING BY MY DD SHE WELL i CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH SHE ATE IT WAS INCREDIBLE! gOOD LUCK ANYWAY GLAD TO SEE YOU OK AND NOT DOWN SPEAK AGAIN X sORRY having a keyboard crisis lol x trying to cook omelette and write at same time hehe!

keke said:
I honestly don't know Sugar but shouldn't you be having snacks as well love? Ignore me what do i KNOW JUST THAT GOING BY MY DD SHE WELL i CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH SHE ATE IT WAS INCREDIBLE! gOOD LUCK ANYWAY GLAD TO SEE YOU OK AND NOT DOWN SPEAK AGAIN X sORRY having a keyboard crisis lol x trying to cook omelette and write at same time hehe!

LOL... Your typing made me giggle! I am having to update on IPhone and that can be tricky! Lol

I will eat some fruit in between meals as well :) I remember from when I used to go to class, they always said to eat lots! :)

Even before I started the diet, I never used to eat huge amount, I just ate REALLY REALLY bad things! :-( which is prob why I ended up at this weight.

I am feeling positive about more Red days this week.. Just having the one green.

I also think that the excercise is helping with my water retention!

Here's to a good week!! lol xxx

Hi Sugar Plum!

I new to SW as well...

Do not worry about the gain...I went through few diaries and almost everybody had a small gain just between 3-5 week...your body is getting use to new menu...

I do agree with the girls though...you ate not enough...I read very interesting article today...will try to find it later about negative foods...sound awful but they are all ss foods from slimming world....basically it means that your body use more energy to burn it...that is the whole secret! that's why even if we eat more and more we actually lose more weight! best wishes to you...xxx:D

I can echo your sentiments re eating really really really bad things I used to eat crisps till they came out of my earholes well any orifice really I scoffed so many pkts ,doyou know my addiction to crisps was so bad I used to have a crisp cupboard! eeeeeekkkkkkk how mad bad and dangerous was that ! lol good luck today Sugar we're all in this together my dear !xx

keke said:
I can echo your sentiments re eating really really really bad things I used to eat crisps till they came out of my earholes well any orifice really I scoffed so many pkts ,doyou know my addiction to crisps was so bad I used to have a crisp cupboard! eeeeeekkkkkkk how mad bad and dangerous was that ! lol good luck today Sugar we're all in this together my dear !xx

I have used some sins... I have just had an AMAZING BLT on wholemeal bread.. But I just had to use a tablespoon of extra light Mayo!! Now I need to find out how many sins it was! LOL

But by Sandwhich was Delish, plus had a mullet light & more strawberries and a banana!!

STUFFED!! lol x

camila844 said:
Hi Sugar Plum!

I new to SW as well...

Do not worry about the gain...I went through few diaries and almost everybody had a small gain just between 3-5 week...your body is getting use to new menu...

I do agree with the girls though...you ate not enough...I read very interesting article today...will try to find it later about negative foods...sound awful but they are all ss foods from slimming world....basically it means that your body use more energy to burn it...that is the whole secret! that's why even if we eat more and more we actually lose more weight! best wishes to you...xxx:D

Hi Camila,

Hope your enjoying the SW diet, have you had your first weigh in yet?

I have heard that about the SS foods, I believe strawberries are on the list. Which is why I am trying to eat my body weight in them! Lol

I am feeling confident about a good weight loss this week xx

:wavey: oooh ello -another list maker, obsessive planner popping in :D

I have just read from the start of your diary *well I don't like to miss anything ;)*...
Firstly :happy096: on your loss so far, you are off to a great start :clap:..and good old hubby -having the other half on side makes it sooo much easier, my hubby is a bloomin diamond and eats whatever I put in front of him -although as a bonus he has lost weight too, he is 8" smaller on the waist so far ;)

I started at a similar weight to you and to start with I struggled to use my syns too -but the thing is that when we have lots to lose most of us need to eat those syns because if we hit a plateau and need to cut back somewhere then if we haven't been using our syns then we have no where to trim back ;). I still struggle to use a lot of syns a lot of the time, but I try :p
In a way you are lucky -because you don't eat a lot of volume you can always use your syns on higher/denser caloried things ...do you like things like avocado, smoked mackerel, nuts? all are quite high in syns so you only get a bit - but it also means that you aren't feeling stuffed with the extra food.
I also use olive oil instead of syn fry spray oil (I don't like that stuff) plus it uses syns without adding food.

I don't know if its any help but on my diary "shedding the wobble" if you go to page 62 I have a list of recipes that I do -I do mainly red days as I used to be a carb addict so I thought red days would help me keep control and now I don't get on well with to many carbs ... RED days are definitely my fave. If you have any questions about the recipes on there just give me a yell ;)
I do things like coq au vin, buffalo chicken, Goan pork, balsamic beef .... ooooh I do like my food :giggle:
Right I will stop yapping on your diary...
Have a lovely day and keep up the great work!!

CAPRICORN said:
:wavey: oooh ello -another list maker, obsessive planner popping in :D

I have just read from the start of your diary *well I don't like to miss anything ;)*...
Firstly :happy096: on your loss so far, you are off to a great start :clap:..and good old hubby -having the other half on side makes it sooo much easier, my hubby is a bloomin diamond and eats whatever I put in front of him -although as a bonus he has lost weight too, he is 8" smaller on the waist so far ;)

I started at a similar weight to you and to start with I struggled to use my syns too -but the thing is that when we have lots to lose most of us need to eat those syns because if we hit a plateau and need to cut back somewhere then if we haven't been using our syns then we have no where to trim back ;). I still struggle to use a lot of syns a lot of the time, but I try :p
In a way you are lucky -because you don't eat a lot of volume you can always use your syns on higher/denser caloried things ...do you like things like avocado, smoked mackerel, nuts? all are quite high in syns so you only get a bit - but it also means that you aren't feeling stuffed with the extra food.
I also use olive oil instead of syn fry spray oil (I don't like that stuff) plus it uses syns without adding food.

I don't know if its any help but on my diary "shedding the wobble" if you go to page 62 I have a list of recipes that I do -I do mainly red days as I used to be a carb addict so I thought red days would help me keep control and now I don't get on well with to many carbs ... RED days are definitely my fave. If you have any questions about the recipes on there just give me a yell ;)
I do things like coq au vin, buffalo chicken, Goan pork, balsamic beef .... ooooh I do like my food :giggle:
Right I will stop yapping on your diary...
Have a lovely day and keep up the great work!!

Hi Capricorn,

Thank you for popping by my diary! I appreciate all the Hints & Tips I can get! :)

I do love smoked makeral & I also prefer Olive Oil, so that is something I will definately look into.

I dont want to use my sins for crisp or chocolate, as I am really wanting to change my eating habits. I would worry if I used them for Chocolate, I would slip back to old ways. :-(

I will have a peek at your diarys, as I love getting new recipe ideas! My aim is to try at least one new recipe a week!

I am a bit OCD with my planning!! But I enjoy it! :) lol

Thanks again for your support! :)

Back