SugarPlum (24st) to TinkerBell (12st)

Hi Sugar plum

Im the same as you -I was determined to alter my eating habits for good -and so I went cold turkey on a lot of things...including -chocolate (apart from fibre plus bars -which I don't have now either), crisps, pastries, cakes, sweets and I still haven't had any since I started about 14months ago -and do you know what? I really don't miss any of it -in fact I can't remember what any of them taste like :D
I gave up bread too as it was one of my greatest weaknesses -always home made and slathered with organic butter mmmm and I hadn't had any of that either until I had some last week.

Have you tried the activia intensely creamy yogs? (the ones in little goldfish bowls) -they are 2.5 syns per pot -but oh god are they good... I don't like muller lights and these ones are more like a pudpud than a yoghurt so you could still have a bit of something sweet n yummy, use a few syns and still be on plan without worrying about having junk in the house ;)

CAPRICORN said:
Hi Sugar plum

Im the same as you -I was determined to alter my eating habits for good -and so I went cold turkey on a lot of things...including -chocolate (apart from fibre plus bars -which I don't have now either), crisps, pastries, cakes, sweets and I still haven't had any since I started about 14months ago -and do you know what? I really don't miss any of it -in fact I can't remember what any of them taste like :D
I gave up bread too as it was one of my greatest weaknesses -always home made and slathered with organic butter mmmm and I hadn't had any of that either until I had some last week.

Have you tried the activia intensely creamy yogs? (the ones in little goldfish bowls) -they are 2.5 syns per pot -but oh god are they good... I don't like muller lights and these ones are more like a pudpud than a yoghurt so you could still have a bit of something sweet n yummy, use a few syns and still be on plan without worrying about having junk in the house ;)

Mmmm... Girls at work have those! I need to spend a bit of time researching the sin value if things!

I have said to Hubby, if I REALLY crave choc, I will allow myself to have a bit and count the sins. But I have honestly not craved anything yet! Still early days though! Lol :)

Hi Camila,

Hope your enjoying the SW diet, have you had your first weigh in yet?

I have heard that about the SS foods, I believe strawberries are on the list. Which is why I am trying to eat my body weight in them! Lol

I am feeling confident about a good weight loss this week xx

I can not do the group...working hours!

I thought to join online but apparently it is not that helpful, so I decided to wait with it...

I bought few books, spent a lot of time of this forum and got a food directory from my friend and will se how is it going, if I struggle I will join online....

now weight....I know it is bad but I checked the weight after four days...! :break_diet:

I lost three pounds! so I am mega happy now as I honestly did not believe it would work!

camila844 said:
I can not do the group...working hours!

I thought to join online but apparently it is not that helpful, so I decided to wait with it...

I bought few books, spent a lot of time of this forum and got a food directory from my friend and will se how is it going, if I struggle I will join online....

now weight....I know it is bad but I checked the weight after four days...! :break_diet:

I lost three pounds! so I am mega happy now as I honestly did not believe it would work!

Hi,

I joined online before I found this site! I have to agree SW online isn't that helpful, like you, I would struggle to get to class due to work commitments!

I find this site 1000 times more helpful & supportive! I would see how you go, as £60 is alot to join SW online!

Good luck in your first official WI! I must admit, I do sneak a mid week weigh in.. It's naughty though!! Lol

EEEEEKKKK!!!!

Well I took the dreaded 'Before' pics let week & today I have taken my measurements!! :-(

Yesterday, hubby said my hips look smaller from behind! (I wonder what goes through mens minds sometimes, as it was a specific comment - hips & behind! He could have just said I looked slimmer!!) LOL

Anyway, my point was.. He asked if I had lost inches! I did'nt know, as I had not taken initial measurements! :-(

If I had lost a couple of inches last week, I wouldn't have felt so bad about putting the pounds on!!

Sooo.. I know have measurements to look back on, when I am all skinny!! Well skinny is a bit optimistic.. I will go with, when I am curvy!! LOL :) xxx

Its good to take measurements as one week when I only lost 0.5lb I measured and had lost quite alot in inches overall and it helped alot.

I just can't wait to be able to wear a pair of jeans. I've lived in stretchy stretchy and more stretchy for so long due to my awful shape lol

Men say the strangest things don't they? I felt good yesterday with what I had on. New cropped trousers real trousers no stretch first time in many many many years and even my little girl comment. Hubby said. If I can see if you must be able to ... I was just thinking how lovely to say that about me, he then continued 'yes I've lost a pound this week and I can feel i'm loosing inches' grrrrrrrr

You are doing brilliantly :D Hoping you have a fab loss this week :)

Sugarplum, it sounds like you are in a really good place, all organised and motivated to try your red days - you're gonna have a fab week girly!!! xxx

Thank You Ladies,

Had a good weekend, lots of sin free food, both red days! Also lots of exercise!

Did have a large glass of Red on Sat night but that's my weigh day treat. Would have been half a bottle, if I had actually lost! LOL

Fingers crossed for a good week, only little hic up is I have 2 girly nights! A meal out on Wed & friends round for drinks Fri!

Wed I will choose a healthy salad, or something else that will be sin free & diet coke - no wine!!

Fri, I intend on locking the wine away and have a few vodka and slimline tonics - not sure what to do for food, as my friends want to call for Pizza!! :-(

JackieN said:
Its good to take measurements as one week when I only lost 0.5lb I measured and had lost quite alot in inches overall and it helped alot.

I just can't wait to be able to wear a pair of jeans. I've lived in stretchy stretchy and more stretchy for so long due to my awful shape lol

Men say the strangest things don't they? I felt good yesterday with what I had on. New cropped trousers real trousers no stretch first time in many many many years and even my little girl comment. Hubby said. If I can see if you must be able to ... I was just thinking how lovely to say that about me, he then continued 'yes I've lost a pound this week and I can feel i'm loosing inches' grrrrrrrr

You are doing brilliantly :D Hoping you have a fab loss this week :)

Jackie, your outfit sounds lovely!

I have soo many clothes that are sat in my wardrobe waiting for me to fit back into.

I think fitting into something you haven't for ages can be more rewarding than seeing numbers on scales. It certainly motivates me more than actual weight! Lol

I have mini goals in clothes that I want to get back into! :)

Another week starts... I really don't like Monday mornings but it helps when the Sun is Shinning!! :)

Planned meals today

BREAKFAST- Magic Porridge & Banana

LUNCH- Wholemeal toast with mackerel in tomato sauce

DINNER - HUGE salad & Lean steak followed my half a gala melon filled with Strawberries

HERE IS TO A GOOD WEEK & A GOOD LOSS!!! :)

Just had a YUMMY tea, changed the salad for Roasted Veg! It was sooo good!!

Off out in a bit for another LONG walk, my legs have just about recovered from Saturday! :)

Hope everyone is having a good day :) xxx

Oops...

I have made a Boo Boo!! :-(

I had roasted parsnips in my veg & I have just checked and they are not free on a Red day! :-( I have used Both B's already today! :-(

I will have to sin them?!

Does anyone know why they are not free, yet thinks like butternutsquash is? X

I love them too!! Have'nt dared check the sin value yet!! :-(

But I haven't used any sins yet, so I am sure I will be fine!

Everytime I think I am getting used to the plan something else throws me a curve ball!! LOL X

Loving your diary Sugarplum. I'm tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal too. Looking forward to following your journey.

Lisa

Don't worry bout the parsnips Sugar you will be fine m'dear. Think we are bound to make mistakes like that now and again. Hope you had a good day speak tom xxx

true...we are all learning from our mistakes! it would be boring without them....i found this if it helps:

Calorie and Nutrition Values for 100g of Parsnips

Calories66Protein1.8Carbohydrate12.5Fat1.1Fibre4.6

I regularly make the mistake with my roasted veg, by including either parsnip or sweet potatoe, but others have posted, there are far worse things to overindulge in, so don't worry:)

true...we are all learning from our mistakes! it would be boring without them....i found this if it helps:

Calorie and Nutrition Values for 100g of Parsnips

Calories66Protein1.8Carbohydrate12.5Fat1.1Fibre4.6

So, that makes just over 3 syns per 100g , not bad!

Back