Sugarpuffs journey is starting.........

Sugarpuff

Hi,
Started the Cambridge diet on Monday, not to bad so far. So worried has to how I would manage as I work temp part-time in a school kitchen, no turkey twizzliers, mostly all homemade - but have laid the groundwork for the last couple of weeks in not taking lunch with them (boy can some of those girls eat!) and just taking a cup of black tea. They still ask everyday if I want lunch but when I say no theres now no comments. Have decided to keep it to myself for a while as to what I'm doing.
Now I have a couple of questions, I'm in the Northern Ireland, there was a CDC in my area but she has quit doing it, the other one I can find due to work comittments of my hubby I cannot get to her during the week and she does not see clients on a Saturday.......does anyone know of anymore? (Hanging head in shame) have been buying some of ebay to get me started.
I have been drinking 4ltrs of water a day, I have found that come the time for the last shake, usually leave until about 8/8.30 I just can't face anymore liquid and last night I ate one of the bars. Is this all right?
Sugarpuff

Hi Sugarpuff

Hi Sugarpuff.

Its always a pain when a CDC isn't within easy reach - im sure someone will advise you - have you searched on the Cambridge site for a CDC near you?

Perhaps someone will let you purchase 4 weeks at a time, once they have met you once, meaning 1 in 4 weeks you see your CDC (maybe have to make some arrangements for that!).

I know your frustration, buying packs on Ebay though is a bit of a waste of dosh as its at inflated prices AND you don't know what you are getting - there will be alot of posts to you about this. (I got some of Ebay out of frustration - but luckily a CDC started not far from me not long after).

Im sure someone on here will help you or point you in the right direction but in the meantime WELL DONE for resisting the lunches and GOOD LUCK on your journey, I started Monday too!!

Take care
Nuts

Hi,
Started the Cambridge diet on Monday, not to bad so far. So worried has to how I would manage as I work temp part-time in a school kitchen, no turkey twizzliers, mostly all homemade - but have laid the groundwork for the last couple of weeks in not taking lunch with them (boy can some of those girls eat!) and just taking a cup of black tea. They still ask everyday if I want lunch but when I say no theres now no comments. Have decided to keep it to myself for a while as to what I'm doing.
Now I have a couple of questions, I'm in the Northern Ireland, there was a CDC in my area but she has quit doing it, the other one I can find due to work comittments of my hubby I cannot get to her during the week and she does not see clients on a Saturday.......does anyone know of anymore? (Hanging head in shame) have been buying some of ebay to get me started.
I have been drinking 4ltrs of water a day, I have found that come the time for the last shake, usually leave until about 8/8.30 I just can't face anymore liquid and last night I ate one of the bars. Is this all right?
Sugarpuff

Hi SugarPuff......sooooo pleased that ur doing well on CD....:D although ur not really supposed to have the bars until week 3 - to allow ur body to get into ketosis fully.....

I'm in Northern Ireland too (Belfast).....and the great news is, I'm doing my CDC training on 24th March....and will then be able to supply the products......whereabouts are you ?

If you can get enough to keep you going until I get started....I'm sure we could work something out....does that help you any ??

PM me sometime and let me know....

love

Debz
xx

Hi Debz,
I'm just outside Portadown, so Belfast is not so far from me.
Looking forward to meeting you when you finish your CDC training.
Thanks,
Sugarpuff

Hi Debz,
I'm just outside Portadown, so Belfast is not so far from me.
Looking forward to meeting you when you finish your CDC training.
Thanks,
Sugarpuff

YAAAAY !!! you might be my first victim....sorry Client !!!!

just kidding.....Will keep ya posted on my progress.....look forward to meeting you too....;)

love

Debz
xx

Hi Nuts,
Thanks for your reply, hows it going for you?
I'm gagging a bit at the minute thinking about the water I have to drink, I try to have at least 2 ltrs drank before I start work at 12.00 and then the rest between 3 and about 7.30. The first day I drank right up to about 9 and ended up running to the toilet all night.
What flavours do you like? I like the choc & choc mint so far and the chicken & mush soup is delish.
Take Care,
Sugarpuff

Water water

Hi ya

Well its going good but I am sh1te and drinking the water! Didnt manage more than 3 litres yesterday - terrible!

Today have only had a coffee so far - must sort that out and drink some Litres!

I like Choc Min - my fave as a hot drink - also Oriental Chilli, Veg with tabasco in it and Chick and Mushroom - although to be fair I only like them because I have to eat them hahaha.

Tomato is PLEURGH! yuck. The sweet ones I can cope with as a shake, but defo CHOC MINT all the way.

I've not got on the scales yet but im only on day 3 so pretty pointless me thinks. i'll wait until Sunday. (if I can resist).

I had to get up in the middle of the night for the loo - so will stop drinking water before 9pm so that I don't have to do that! hahah.

I sat on the loo yesterday and my other half said "christ you got a leak" made me chuckle! :p

So I must improve my water intake and then hopefully my loss - here goes.

Im sure i'll do 6 litres on Friday night when everyone else is drinking alcohol boooooooo, i'll cope - but only just about! :mad: Oh woe me - "its my choice" as my husband keeps telling me - yeah thanks :cool:

Keep each other posted!!!

Nutsx

Hi Nuts,
Yeah, I like the chocmint, this morning I had the vanilla but made it with hot coffee and I will have to admit I enjoyed it.
Just in from work - boy it was difficult today savoury mince followed by sponge cake and custard, I must have washed the entire collection of saucepans three times over to stay out of the road but I done it.
I do like tomato soup so thought I would give the CD one a try, one mouthful was to much and the rest was quickly sent down the drain. Haven't tried the chilli one yet, will wait to Debz get sorted and will get some then.
Its great having someone to talk to, hubby listens and is supportive but I know that he thinks this to harsh a way to diet. Like you I think if I was down to 11/12 st I would try to loss the rest the either WW or SW, long road to go yet so will decide when I get there.
Of now to fill my water bottle and have a shake.
Stay strong
Sugarpuff

Hi Sugarpuff,

Your doing very well!

The first week is the hardest and it does get easier...

Well done for resisting all temptations.

Love Mini xxx

Spoon!

I am such a spoon - I have made a chicken casserole for the hub/kids tonight so what did I do..... eat abit of the chicken out of it! derrrrrrrr

Must get out of that mentality - but I'll continue as I have started with the packs, whereas before I would have basically caned the fridge for the rest of the night, basically because I was going "back on it" in the morning.

So im not going to beat myself up - im going to just carry out drinking water and carrying with the packs.

I must get some gaffa tape and tape up my mouth! I think its the only way im going to cope! :sigh:

Still onwards and DOWNWARDS!!!!

Keep strong Sugarpuff - we will be super Losers very very soon.

Nutsx

Hi,
Well day 5 has started and feeling pretty rough this morning, thumping headache and mouth that feels and tastes like the bottom of a bird cage, think a large bottle of mouth wash is needed asap. Hubby didn't say anything but I saw him wince so I must have pretty bad breath.
Last night was had, after making dinner for everyone else son informs me he's not eating it because he wants to go and play on the "pooter", hes only six and I know I shouldn't have but I had just stood and made this not tasted a bite and then he tells me he doesn't want it I just flew of the handle and shouted that was fine and I would just give it to the dog at this point tears started to flow and I felt like such a heel. I don't mind making the dinner so much, but I can't stay and watch them eat. I find making the lunches for the next day harder, would normaly have made me a sandwich at this stage to and ate the crusts as I cust them of, but brought the dog in and he had them instead.
Headed of to bed early, 8.30 feeling very cold so out come the socks, jar, jumper and extra blanket........hubby just looked at me as if I was going mad but made no comment.
Sorry for all the waffle, but it sort of helps to write down how your feeling.
Away now to have some water.
Sugarpuff

Hi,
Well day 5 has started and feeling pretty rough this morning, thumping headache and mouth that feels and tastes like the bottom of a bird cage, think a large bottle of mouth wash is needed asap. Hubby didn't say anything but I saw him wince so I must have pretty bad breath.
Last night was had, after making dinner for everyone else son informs me he's not eating it because he wants to go and play on the "pooter", hes only six and I know I shouldn't have but I had just stood and made this not tasted a bite and then he tells me he doesn't want it I just flew of the handle and shouted that was fine and I would just give it to the dog at this point tears started to flow and I felt like such a heel. I don't mind making the dinner so much, but I can't stay and watch them eat. I find making the lunches for the next day harder, would normaly have made me a sandwich at this stage to and ate the crusts as I cust them of, but brought the dog in and he had them instead.
Headed of to bed early, 8.30 feeling very cold so out come the socks, jar, jumper and extra blanket........hubby just looked at me as if I was going mad but made no comment.
Sorry for all the waffle, but it sort of helps to write down how your feeling.
Away now to have some water.
Sugarpuff

Hiya SugarPuff.....sorry you're feeling a bit rough today...:(

BUT - believe it or not - it's ALL GOOD !!!

the horrible taste (is it metallic ?? with a furry tongue ??) and the fact that you're feeling REALLY cold usually means ur in Ketosis....which is the FAT burning.....so YAY !!

and....waffle away...it's great to see you doing so well.... this diet is hard but it REALLY works.....:D

love

Debz
xx

Hi Sugar

Oh bless you Sugar, I shouted at my Son yesterday andmy hubby was just looking at me as if to say "wow that was a hairdryer moment".

DAY 5, I thought it was 4 so thats a bonus hahahah.

Listen the food for the kids thing - it happens to all of us. Me I seem to have forgotten they need to eat.

My casserole yesterday turned into a mare! I lovingly prepared the casserole and as you know, I ate a bit chicken so know it tasted yum, but later on I had my sons friend for 1/2 an hour whilst his mum picked our daughters up from Gym Club.

I stood and peeled, cubed some potatoes put them in the pan and left them to boil whilst I entertained the two kids.......derrrrrrrrrrr i left them on high heat so totally and utterly RUINED the potatoes PLUS my copper bottomed pan - how they never caught fire I don't know and the door was shut but as soon as I opened it - the whole house stank of burnt stuff.

So in my wisdom I thought right I've got no more spuds so put some couscous in the casserole to bulk it a little, thought right i'll just pop for a wee - came back and again it was stuck to the bottom of the pan!

WHAT IS GOING ON! hahah. I salvaged it but my husband said it was my way of punishing them for being able to eat! He ate it but I watched him like a hawk so he had to! hahaha.

I love cooking so cripes knows whats going on, im normally quite a good old cook (blatant trumpet blowing there - but its partly to blame for me being the size I am).

Gotta tackle the shop soon - not looking forward to it, prepared a list and will be sticking to it!

Breath Freshener/mouth wash is defo on the list too, my little girl said "pooooh whats the smell - dog your breath stinks" but I knew it was me hahah - bless!

DRINK DRINK DRINK is the answer it dilutes the amount of Ketones released through your breath - so the more we drink the less we will smell

hahahahah - WE STINK! hahaha but we'll be slim!
:ignore: :whistle: :hide:

Natsxxx

How ya doing Sugs?

Weekends are a mare for me - how you doing with it all.

Have managed to abstain on a Friday night which is MEGA for me.

Hope you feel better today. Its a lovely sunny day here today.

Nutx

Day 6

Hi,:)
Well Saturday is nearly over, dreaded the weekend coming has I knew I would find it hard. Didn't start to well, major moment in Tescos with hubby, told him in no uncertain terms to take himself back to car and leave me to do the shopping in peace, as you can guess I was very popular.
Went into town this morning for a dander, and then after lunch took the powerwasher out and give the paving round the house a really good clean, this got me through to teatime when I made for everyone else and then headed off to the bath with a good book. More worried about tomorrow, promised son I we would go to the cinema. I know I'm not supposed to have the bars until wk 3 but I was thinking of cutting one into small bits tonight and freezing it, then I could take it with me just like a bag of sweeties.
4ltrs water drank today, so funny walking around town thinking were to find the nearest toilet and how many more shops I could visit before making a mad dash and praying there was no que.
Well, off now to have a shake and hit the hills.
SP:)

Day 9

Well after Sunday, yesterday day 8 went well. Even managed to drink 5 ltrs of water instead of the usual 4.
Got up this morning with a slight sore head but a glass of water soon sorted that out. I'm starting to feel so much better, more energy etc, although I really do feel cold at the moment, sitting here with the heat on, two pairs of socks a thermal vest jumper & a cardigan. The best bit about yesterday was when I put my uniform on in work I could feel it lose around the bum & (blushing here) only one button popped open when I bent over and not the usual 3, thanklfully I wear an apron so no-one ever saw that.
SP

Good for you!

Well done Sugs.

I noticed on my jeans but then still feel crap in them - i've a nice pair of jeans inthe cupboard im hoping to get into but it all depends on me and my will power.

Im hopeful. I sent my CDC a text saying I needed something to chew/bars, but didn't get a reply, will have to email her in a bit.

Water water I have so got to drink water - shiiizers forgot the blinking straws again. Its the only way I get it down me fast enough.

Hope all is well Sugs - you are doing well!

Nutsx

Day 11

Hi,
Well we have now reached day 11, I'm so pleased that I have managed to get this far. I do think being able to come here and read how everyone else is doing and to put your own thoughts in writing helps. This time, for a first, my hubby is being very supportive. I sat him down and explained to him were he was going wrong and dear love him he had always thought that he was doing everything right and being 100% behind me, but I suppose when you don't have weight problem you "just don't think" at times.
Was slightly worried about yesterday (day 8) as school was of, car was in being serviced so I was grounded for the day with a 6 yr old, but all went ok, made a game out of the spring cleaning and he was quite happy to play along and then went for a walk.
Not feeling to bad this morning, can definitely notice having much more energy, in fact if I could loose the bottom of bird cage mouth I'd be great, although I'm really feeling the cold at the moment.
SP

Im feeling a bit crap today. Ive a headache and I went to bed early last night - BUT I know its my own fault and I must get water down me.

Funnily - I got a bottle of peregrino water (lovely!) last night and drank it straight away almost a litre. But for a bottle its 89p and there are other larger sparklys out there for cheaper. ALTHOUGH if im going to drink it, it must be worth it - so may go and invest in some to keep me going and hopefully get rid of this horrible head!

Have a great day Sugs, spring cleaning hmmmm think I may have to partake in some of that this weekend.

Nutsxx

Day 12

Have got to Day 12, must be a record for me, feeling not to good today, sore head, so hungry.....even the cats food smelt good this morning.......but a few tablets and some water and on we go.
Have resisted the scales, but clothes are definitely feeling a little bit looser this morning.
Heading for the weekend again, normally would head to the cinema but explained to hubby that after last week I found this to difficult, so have agreed to help him tidy the garage instead.
His graduation is coming up in May and he wants a family photo taken, so I'm determine not to be Mrs Blobby so I'll just keep this in mind over the weekend. Plus sports day in sons school in June I'm not going to be last in that race this year and come in with face crimison and hardly able to get a breath.
Off now to have a shake and plan the rest of the day.
SP

Back