Sukie's I.F journal........ my time to shine is now !

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
Hey all
so week 2 I.F 'ing not sure exactly what you'd call what im doing :0D read the 5:2 book and fell in love with the health issues related , read allot of paleo/primal enthusiasts input on I.F and there is a definite movement in this area that id like to be part of .
so ive had a look at judd but need to look at the site properly , can anyone recommend any good reading ?
im currently doing 500 on a down day and 1200-1500 on a up day although sat was quite indulgent at over 2000. the judd website sais I should be just over 2200 on an up day and I think it was 540 ish on a 25% dd.
im kind off using some s and s products up on down days if the notion takes me and they are left over and just really enjoying good healthy foods on an up day . other than walking haven't exercised this week , felt a bit tired, just busy life dragging my energy down.
so anyway this week dd- mon , wed and frid , ud- tues , thur and sat ... sun maybe dd or a bit in between :0)
so yesterday fasted from sunday 7 pm till 1 pm mon just black coffee , then berries , watermelon and peach for lunch , dinner was piri piri mini chicken breast fillets and salad. also had sf hartleys jelly coming in at about 450 cals

todays menu was ;

breakfast
black coffee , water
1 egg and 2 white / lean bacon omelette with 1 tomato
water melon

lunch
homemade pesto with gluten free penne pasta and cherry tomatoes
mixed berries and sf jelly

dinner
tuna mayo
baked sweet potato and salad

snacks have been a donut peach , 2 mint humbugs and just over half of a skinny muffin oh and a rice cake :0D
totals about 1500 cals

feel like a big full bloater , will try for more of a low carb u d on thurs x

Down day today .bit more difficult than usual as I'm off this morning and trying not to eat till lunch time. Normally doesnt bother me.
So ive done 22 minutes walk / jogging and 15 mintes cross trainer so paaseddome time with that and feeling not hungry now :) todays menu should be as follow lunch ...
Ww chicken noodle soup
2 ryveta and x light philli , tomato.
Ww coconut greek style yoghurt .

Dinner 3 egg white and mushroom omelette and salad
Sf jelly

Snacks
Snackajack cheese rice cake

Think total of all that is 369 according to mfp so a little room for some fruit / snacks later .

Ah, you have a diary too!

I had a toughish down day yesterday. The thought of it just being for one day got me through it! :):):)

Hi there :)
Yes that does help allot . Im just sitting down to eat now after faffing on getting ready to teach . So got through my 16 hours lol . I do think allot of carbs on up days leaves me struggling the next day so I'll try to reduce carbs a bit tomorrow see if that helps .

Hi Sukie, popping in to say hello. I agree lots of carbs do make it harder the next day but i find if i eat well (try and eat more natural/less processed foods) on an UD the DDs are much easier. you've made amazing progress so far - well done!

Hi Sukie, popping in to say hello. I agree lots of carbs do make it harder the next day but i find if i eat well (try and eat more natural/less processed foods) on an UD the DDs are much easier. you've made amazing progress so far - well done!
thanks wellyboots ,
I am planning on following the paleo principles once I find my stride properly as I love the real natural food concept , I loved it eating paleo/primal this year but wasn't exercising and so sts the whole time , but that's a fantastic feat for me as ive never managed to maintain my weight at such a stable level for 6 weeks let alone 6 months, so that's the plan , atm im v careful counting the calories as im trying to lose as much weight as possible before my hols in 3 weeks , but plan on taking a 5:2 approach while away then continue at a less manic pace with no counting on ud once I get back ... well that's the plan lol :0)

so upped my cals by having a 2 nd rice cake as a snack , a slice of nimble bread toasted under my omelette and just had part of a morrisons low cal cereal bar thingy , eugh !!!!!!!!! shant be having the rest of it or the others in the pack , total wasted 74 cals will have fruit next time. so just finishing up with a lovely cup of earl grey , so ive come in at about 540 just under the 560 odd judd sais I should stay below . am defo going to try to keep lower carb tomorrow on my ud especially later in the day see if that helps stave off the hunger on Fridays dd, must say today hasn't been too hard overall but definitely momets of discomfort . hmm will see what Friday brings :0)

Hi there and thanks :) think ive been everywhere. Like many :)
My official weigh in days been monday but think I might do a 6 day this week and do sat after my 3rd DD . Then keep it on a sat X

Oooo just broke my fast with a lovely black coffee and 2 slices malted brown ww b4wad with crunchy peanut butter and banana nomnom :) packed up some frit and yoghurt for later but thats it plan wise for now . Just reserved a phillips airfry from argos to pick up later anyone have any experience with one ? Was debating betweenn that and the actifry and fraid it came down to price . Id appreciate any comments of experiences with either . Good or bad :)

Bought the actifry so will see
Reports won over price ;)

So ended ud on approx 2000 cals so under what judd website suggests but enough . I deliberately ate that much as ive been eating only 1200 to 1500 but thought id see how it was at the ' right' level . Had a glass od wine and 2 bags of crisps through the day to get the cals up .
Without the snacks and glass of wine my intake would have benn a healthy balanced day of 1400 . Ate really well .low gi good protein and plenty of fruit . Good day x also had a good sweaty 40 minutes on my cross trainer. ..
Up 1.4 this morning but my work tunic suddenly seems allot looser over the dreaded ex baby belly :)

Last edited:
So down day going really well today as busy .
Had black coffe at breakfast with water. 2 cals

Lunch was a little mixed fruit and a ww tomato soup 131 cals

Dinner will be 2 slices nimble with
A 1 egg and 1 white omelette , 1 slice extra lean bacon and 50 g cherry tomatoes. 251 cals

Plan on treating myself to a 30 ml serving of captain morgans with coke zero at 60 cals

Coming in at 444 cals I think .
So really pleased and feeling ok today :)
So thats 3 fast days this week and planning on a id sunday .
Happy weekend all xxx

Oooo just broke my fast with a lovely black coffee and 2 slices malted brown ww b4wad with crunchy peanut butter and banana nomnom :) packed up some frit and yoghurt for later but thats it plan wise for now . Just reserved a phillips airfry from argos to pick up later anyone have any experience with one ? Was debating betweenn that and the actifry and fraid it came down to price . Id appreciate any comments of experiences with either . Good or bad :)

Bit of a late reply i know but we have the actifry and yeah its good but i did hear that the airfry made crisper chips and that something that the actifry doesn't make at all. We also found the chips were tastier if you added salt and pepper before cooking them instead of after. How are you finding it so far?

Bit of a late reply i know but we have the actifry and yeah its good but i did hear that the airfry made crisper chips and that something that the actifry doesn't make at all. We also found the chips were tastier if you added salt and pepper before cooking them instead of after. How are you finding it so far?

Hia . It hasn't arrived yet ending up ordering the plus model at 75 pounds off from t internet :) worth the wait at that much saving :)
Looking forward to trying it . Thanks for the tips will try the seasoning before .

Ud today . Weighed in same as last sat before I had weekend of ud. So I am disappointed, as i did 3 really good down days ,I wont lie but despite that im trying to be positive as I seem to have lost inches . But thinking about it . I was largely in ketosis up to last week and now im freely eating carbs so im guessing its just glycogen and I should see a loss next week .
So ive started my dsy with paleo coconut banana bread with almond butter . Banana and a spoon of ww cream . with a black coffe .Mmm also had 30 good minutes of the cross trainer :)

great dd today , they are getting headier and easier each time :0)
had half a subway ham salad around 1.30 then a bagel with 1 egg omelette and slice of lean bacon . added up to 500 dot on .
rock on tomorrow :0)

I have an actifry, I love it. The paddle broke recently but I had it for a few years and use it very often so didn't mind having to spend a tenner to replace it. My boyfriend doesn't like chips from it, as they can taste more like a roast potato I suppose. I use it for bns chips mainly and don't use any oil at all. I use some spray oil for potato chips.

Good luck with your journey. x

I have an actifry, I love it. The paddle broke recently but I had it for a few years and use it very often so didn't mind having to spend a tenner to replace it. My boyfriend doesn't like chips from it, as they can taste more like a roast potato I suppose. I use it for bns chips mainly and don't use any oil at all. I use some spray oil for potato chips.

Good luck with your journey. x

My partner wasn't keen on the chips for my actifry either until i started adding salt and pepper to them before i started cooking them. Now he says they actually taste of something. Just can't get them crispy.

Back