sukie's primal adventure into the future and beyond

Well day 1 minus o.h and kids so lazy start to the day .
brekki is , home baked ham omelet and left over slice of paleo banana bread with ut butter and banana.
for lunch at work lunch ive made a coconut king prawn and avacado salad , also have last slice of banana bread with me for snack if needed.
will need to shop this afternoon after work , might look for some lamb .

Ooooooh I so need to make myself some banana bread for snacks at work..... DOes it freeze ok do you know???

X

hia , it freezes brilliantly , i slice it up and freeze it in 2 slice packs . its gorgeous and a nice quick snack or brekki on the run .

OMG I am so making some!!! Lol.... Thinking it'll be a great snack for at work!!!!!! Thanks!!!

X

this is the recipie i use , i dont use mini loaf tins , just 1 big one and bake for longer , sometimes ill add some blueberries/ blackberries to the last bit and make 4 muffins with that as an alternative, its a totally lush recipie :0D
Coconutty Cinnamon Banana Bread

8 eggs
2 mashed ripe bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
5 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup coconut flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Pour into 6 mini loaf pans or 12 muffin tins.Bake for 25-35 minutes (muffins take less time than mini loaves) or until it tests done.

Recipe submitted by Leslie, Amsterdam,
NY
Comment from Sarah: No leavening. It's a very dense bread. However, if youwant you can add 1/2 teaspoon or so of baking soda/powder.
Comment from Shane: Made 1/2 batch with only 1 TBS honey. Added Cayenne fora kick and fresh blackberries. AWESOME! Great recipe and taste!From: Tropical Traditions: Free Coconut Recipes

Oh I like the look of that one, we make an almond flour one that seems to stay squidgy for ages longer in the oven than it's meant to. Will try this one next time!

it is lush !!!
im going to make one today to last the week for me and o.h. off to centre parcs next weekend and paleo/primal wont be a problem but going to give the whole 30 my full and undivided after that . didnt really think it was for me but reading it starts with food right now and it resonates with so much ive gone trough so im going to give it a proper go and see how it pans out , fine and interesting reading if anyone is of a mind :0D

meant to say , i do use a teaspoon of baking powder to give it a slight lift , although i havent done it without so no idea if it helps LOL !!!

Just made a banana loaf but added some prune for a change . Looks good but oh lord ! I've made a batch of the fudge brownies posted on here and they are gonna be lethal !!! My kids are going to love them too , just like regular brownies but jummier :) made the almond butter for the recipie myself , couldnt imagine spending a fortune one that much nut butter from the health food shop .
Also made a batch of olive oil mayonaise from my whole 30 book . Mmmmm :)

hi deezer
its a paleoish 30 day elimination 'diet' its a very strict no nonsense programme designed to reset the body if you will to work at its optimum . not read the whole book yet , its very sciency and heavy going in places but fascinating stuff , the have a website its the www.whole9life.com , worth a read if your into cleaning up your body in a big way x
Ooooh what's thf whole 30 book??? X

hi ladies , back online . been doiing ok primal food wise but hubby been home so have been endulging in the old vino too much ... oops !!!
really pleased that i havent even felt the need to divert from the eating plan though , but hes gone now so super focused, just put in a order at grass fed meat place online so defo gonna be eating good quality meat ect . im making a pledge here and now to focus on my sleep and excersize and ill be setting my alarm for 5.30 in the morning for my 1st treadmill jaunt before the kids wake up, so wish me luchk and hold me to account if dont do it ladies !!!! lol
so im off to bed now to get a good nights sleep xx

i did it !!!
had a 5 minute warm up , 10 minute run (amazing feeling to be running again , even for just 10 mins solid )
then 10 mins on incline 5 to 10 then 5 minutes gradual cool down . followed it with a bit of work on my ab master machiney thing , so im sure ill have a bad belly tomorrow , i never do abs :0)
so glad to have started again , determined to get excersizing regularly again !!

my leap into the whole 30 !!!

day 1 done ... phew !!! not half as bad as i expected , only minor tweaks from the primal lifestyle weve been following , but its those last few cuts that make the difference i guess :0D im actually looking forward to being alcohol free for a while , ive never been a massive drinker but i do like a glass or two with a nice meal .going to log my food , would welcome any constructive feedback / ideas xx
ive done lots of prep this weekend , blanched veg , made basic cauli rice and freezed it in portions , made a beef thai curry last night . just waiting for my 2 meat orders , i small one from welsh paleo (thanks getting fitter) and one bigger one from the website i found .. will list it . looking forward to comparing

so day 1
gluten free chipolata omelette (no cheese , milk or cream )
couple bites water melon

baked sweet potato , salad and tuna mayo made with homemade paleo mayo from well fed book. (my fav meal ever !!!)

some roast chicken , raw peppers .

snacks banana , pear and few macadamias, almonds and cranberries mixed.

day 2 today

bacon omelette , salad

beef thai curry and cauli rice , apple

small fillet steak , baked sweet potato , salad
x
bring on day 2 !!!

Oooooh that all sounds too good...... Great idea making the cauli in advance!!! Gonna pinch that tip!!! X

meat came today , looked sooooo good !!! (well as good as raw meat can look lol!)
so had to have some :0D so cooked 3 pork and sage sausages and a lamb chop along side my steak and had a left over baked sweet potato and cauliflower, figured it would be way too much but would leave a nice mix for breakfast in the morning .... mmm well it would have if my delightfull 2 children hadnt desended on my plate like a plague of locusts. think i got 2 bites of steak , 1 small sausage and half a lamb chop . leaving only a pitifull few cauli florettes for breakfast ! kids :0D , mine certainly know whats good.
but the meat was beautifull , im delighted with both my boxes of meat , think the paleo wales is maybe a bit cheaper but both looked amazing and i think that long term it wont work out that costly . think i spent £120 in total so will see how long it lasts , theres allot of food there.
anyway im feeling very endulgent tucked up in bed , all showered and cozy , ready for a lovely long nights sleep . mmmm :0D
night allx

had another good day today .
brekki , 2 egg plain omelette,1 slice bacon , half avacado and left over cauliflower.
lunch , bacon chicken and avacado salad , a few mixed nuts
dinner ,lamb rump ,broccoli , asparagus and carrot sticks.
had an apple and banana as a snack.

hi all .
weeeeel week 1 went good , well 6 days were totally whole 30 but saturday was my xmas party so did rather over endulge in the old pink champers !!!! although food was primal x eugh still rough :0(
back to it today ,
had boiled eggs , avacado and chicken for brekki ,
baked sweet potato and thai chicken curry for lunch .
dinner was steak from grass fed order (mmmmm amazing !!!!... no REALLY AMAZING LOL !!!)with asparagus, mushrooms and left of root veg mash.
also had a handfull of grapes whilst cooking dinner .

feel fine being back to it but really dont feel deprived on this anyway :0)
still waiting to see if weve got on flights to join hubbys ship in barbados so christmas is hanging in the balance and im struggling motivating myself to get prepared as ive no idea yet where ill be ... pooooo !!

Back