SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Skinny- I like the idea of hiding the scales. Mine wink at me everytime I pass them and shout C'mon slimbo get on me and then when I do they burst out laughing and say Fooled you again Fatty !

Ha ha ha!!! Ang you just made me actually laugh out loud with that one, I shall think of you every time I walk past my scales now!! :) x

Just had a nice cup of hot milk With honey.....time to unwind!!!!!!

OH has got fish and chips, sooooo unfair!! But I smugly have my 6.5 point spinach and ricotta cannelloni with my 1.5 point choc mousse for pudding. I will get a bloody loss this week if it kills me!! cx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOVE it!! Thank you :) xx

Love Love LOVING the positive energy and support in this forum! Its great to see everyone so focused mentally on our individual goals but supporting eachother as a wee team to make sure we all get there!!
totm has decided to arrive and im craving everything and anything that is sweet.... and im proud to say i have kept my hand out of the biscuit tin and peeled a clemintine instead :D:D i have also just joined the gym so im hoping to pump away some of those pounds there a few times a week - if any of you dont here me talking about that I have been at least twice during the week please give me a good shake, I can come quite lazy when it comes to exercise.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

ps I also have that ap for my phone and it has been a savior this week when ive been trying to work out my daily menus!! highly recommend it :) even works out portion sizes for u for eg obv a piece of med bread is 1 point and if u have 2 we know we cant just times it by 2 to give you two points the calories combined actually works out at 3 and this does that for u so your not going over your points :):)

xxx

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your encouraging words, and can I just say WOW!! You've done so amazingly well - 124 pounds?! You must be so happy, congratulations you star! Keep us posted how you're getting on :)

Rewind,

well done for joining the gym! I keep meaning to start my DVD let alone the gym , this will really help your losses :)

xx

Happy weekend my friends :)

How is everyone?

Jo - Wow, and wow a million times over. You have done so amazingly well, an inspiration to all of us :). Oooooooooooo, I see you live in Cornwall, I absolutely love it down there. Looe especially, I have visited there every year since I was 3 2 or 3 times a year if I can (I'm now 31), its like my second home, if there was work in the area I would move there tomorrow.

Marli - TOTM can be a nightmare. Just look at it this way though hun, if you do put a little on or not loose due to water retention, chances are next week you will have an evern bigger loss - its only temporary hun. i wish my TOTM would arrive - we're waiting to start IVF again (well, to cut a long story short, had a failed IVF in Sept, have 1 frozen embryo which we are about to use, but have to wait for TOTM so I can start injecting again!!!!!). The cravings you get though can be mega cant they ...................... be strong hun, just keep focussed and remember how fantastic you are going to look and feel by the summer :)
. Tell me more about this Kettleball workout hun - I haven't heard much about it before. WHat sort of areas does it target? Is it toning or cardio?

Ang - well done girlfriend on your 1 glass of wine, that would be a miracle for me :). Wow, you used to be a Nurse Practictioner. I am going to Worcs Uni next week for a Nursing taster day - I would love to retrain in that field. Wont be able to afford it for a few years but its my goal.

You're all making me laugh with the 'Fooled you Fatty' scales :)

Rewind - good luck with the gym chick. I used to go years ago but just dont seem that motivated now. I just prance around in front of the TV now :)

Lee, Suzanne, Claire 2, Eabha - hope you have a nice weekend :)

Finally but definately not least - Twinny, how are you hun? I cant wait to find out how your first weigh in goes - i'm so excited for you. Roll on our skinny shopping trip :). I dont work in the city but my mum has been and stocked up on Count on Us Meals for me :)

Well, off to do an hour of Zumba

If I dont speak to you all later will catch up tomorrow.

Love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Afternoon team!

Ooh isn't such a lovely mild day out today in London!

Firstly i would like to say a BIG WELLLLL Done Kernow :bighug:, your weight loss is truly inspiration! I am really happy for you, you should be extremely proud of yourself. It just shows if you put the effort in you can really achieve anything with focus and determination. I am in the process of recovering from surgery and i am slowly but surely gaining some stability in my knee following my op, i am really trying and i think the determination to loss weight it pushing me that just bit more, i am still limited but i am managing to do some exercise where i am getting a good sweat on. It has been a grueling time having limited mobility for the past 7 months and staring at the wall while everyone else is out working and enjoying life, even more being fat on top of it lol.

@Becca Thank you so much for your words,its sooo true about the following week being hopefully a bigger loss. But at times you just need someone else to give you a few words to get you through...so thanks. I wish you all the best with your IVF, im sure everything will go smoothly.
Kettlebell workouts! I love it, i was told about kettlebells a while back and didnt really pay any attention, i purchased an adjustable one where you can adjust the weight from 3kg up to 8kg, instead of buying a set where you'll have 3. It looks basically like a round kettle with a handle on top, you can do various exercise which are very toning and work all parts of your body. You break a sweat too so it incorporates cardio also. I really feel the burn in my arms, stomach, legs and bum. I use a workout from YouTube, for weight loss for women. I do very little leg movements and mainly crunches while i swing the kettle bell weight. Have a look on YouTube and you'll get a better picture. x

Its my nieces 3rd birthday tomorrow and we are going to a Frankie & Benny restaurant, i haven't been there in ages... im gonna try and plan a meal from my 'Eating out Guide' to be prepared. If anyone has any helpful suggestions it would be very appreciated.

BTW a big welcome to all the newcomers x

Marli - you can have salmon fish cakes and a jacket potato at F&B for 11 points, it's yummy!! x

Hi guys just checking in :) Jo your story is so inspiring. Well done on your loss. You look great in your now photo.

I've just come back from doing a massive food shop and got so many healthy low point foods. I can't wait for my dinner now :) I also took a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and its looking very good.

Skinny I hear you on the DVD. Its staring at me to use it but when I have the house to myself I can't drag myself to do it :rolleyes: Hopefully next week when everyone's at work I'll give a good bashing!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend :)

Hi Skinny
Thanks alot and i do luvvvvv salmon, its delicious. I looked at the menu online and it has mozzarella inside yum. I think that will be me sorted, is it 11 with butter in the jacket?

Hi all
I've just been catching up on your great posts - it feels like I've been away for ages!
Really looking forward to getting started again - despite a weeks worth of walking in The Lakes I was fairly horrified when I got on the scales this morning!!
I've set myself a short-term (ish) goal of losing 13lbs by my wedding anniversary on 8th April. So here I go.........
Well done to everyone so far.
Karen x

Marli said:
Hi Skinny
Thanks alot and i do luvvvvv salmon, its delicious. I looked at the menu online and it has mozzarella inside yum. I think that will be me sorted, is it 11 with butter in the jacket?

I'm not sure hon, I'm guessing that butter is extra but only about a point for a little sachet thing? Hope you enjoy!

Survived on 4 points today, off out for a couple of vodka and diet cokes then a curry - starter dry chicken tikka for 4 points and half a portion of boiled rice :) I e just had a peak on the scales and it's looking promising, yey!

Have a great evening all xx

Hi everyone I hope your all enjoying your weekend!!!!!!!

Went for a nice 2.5 mile walk this morning with my wife and had a nice cup ot tea at the park afterwards.

Had lovely bacon rolls this morning for breakfast soup at lunch and having a saag this evening followed by a couple of WW chocolate eclairs.

Enjoy your evening everyone

Lee

Hiya can I join the challenge please? I am starting back the old points system as i know it like the back of my hand! I lost 2 stone 2 yrs ago and have put on 8lbs since but would like to loose more... 40lbs in total for my summer hols :D im up 4 the challenge! I started today so my weigh in is a Sat x

Evening all. Hope you're all behaving yourselves over this weekend

Hi Lou mo and welcome to our little ( well not so little now ) family.

Had 6 good days without going above my 18 ( yes Lee 18 ) points ;-))
Done my Zumba again today , it's becoming a bit addictive !!

Still avoiding the scales Skinny even though they're winking at me. Will let you know what they say on Wednesday ;-)).

Hope we all have some good losses this week so it'll encourage us to be good next week

Liv Ang x

Morning all

I forgot to have a big shout out for kernow Jo......what a fantastic loss. I will probably try and pick your brains throughout my quest as we all have frustrating weeks and maybe think we're doing things wrong!!!!!

Ang sorry about the point rub down but I'm sure your in a better place than me and i would love to be in the position of only having 18 point but I think I would end up 7 stone with a vest on!!

Well I'm getting a bit anxious now as my first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I should be ok though as I have been 100% committed to the cause no cheats no nothing. I saved 7 points for the weekend to enable those weekend treats and I done a 2.5 mile walk yesterday which according to the app earned me an extra 4.5 points. But I'm a bit sceptical about using them. I never used them when I lost my 5 stone last time and don't really want to stray from what I done before. Let's just see what the scales say tomorrow????

Good luck to everyone with their weigh in and a big cheer in advance hurrah hurrah!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.......stay strong and keep smiling.......... if you enjoy yourself you will find it easier?????????

Back