summer motivation!

sarahaglover

How many of us are looking forward to the summer this year - to not having to cover up & pretend we are ok when we are sweltering?
I am excited to get a lovely summer dress & some nice shorts- when I'm having a rubbish day I try think abiut this or i actually go online n look at all the nice stuff n it reminds me why I'm doing this!
'impossible is nothing'
X x x

Oh you are so right. We are going abroad this year for the first time in years and I can't wait to have some pretty-and much smaller!- things to wear so I won't swelter. I am looking forward to just feeling and looking better in my clothes, and in my own skin!

KB x

I defo think it motivates me more, 7 weeks tomorrow I go to Egypt I'm really hoping to have another half stone off before then, I'm down to a comfy 20 and if I could be an 18 I would be delighted! Although I think I will need to do my holiday clothes shopping the week before I go!!! I've lost 47lbs so far on my journey, I've never been more motivated so long may it continue xxx

I'm away at the end of May so won't be anywhere near my target but knowing I have enough clothes to not panic about whether we have a launderette nearby is amazing lol

It's 9 weeks and 2 days til we go to Egypt. Although I'll still be big, I am hoping to drop a dress size by then and was at the gym at 06.50 yesterday morning. Was meant to be at aquafit tonight but we've just got in from an emergency vet appointment (without the dog - fingers crossed he's home with us tomorrow) so I've had to cancel. I am booked in for tomorrow and Thursday night though.

My whole motivation is my summer hols. I go to Majorca for a fortnight at the beginning of August. So far I've got down from a 22 to an 18 and desperately hope I'll be a 16 ( or even luckier ) below for I go

I have till 19th July - then I'm away for 4 weeks visiting family near Greece - hopefully with a week at the beach :) I'm hoping I will be a def size 14.. Maybe if I am super good I will be in the 12st area which would be amazing last time I lost weight I got down to 75kgs (165lbs) and really struggled getting any lower.. Then got pregnant :) that's almost 6 years ago!

I'm aiming for a slimmer me for when I turn 40 at the end of August. Hopefully there may be a holiday somewhere hot as a treat :) xxx

My motivation for the summer is 7 weeks in Anglesey!!! I'd like to lose 1.7-2 stone by end of July. It will be the lightest I have ever been during a summer holiday!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would like to have lost enough weight so that my thighs don't run together when I walk.

I have spent so many summers avoiding skirts and dresses due to chaffing. Now I am jog/walking 3 times a week I am hoping to have a chaf free summer!

A chaf free summer sounds good to me! That's been a major curse for me each year. Good luck to everyone on their goals, it's good to have goals- it's certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow most of the time. I'm hovering around the 15 stone mark right now and currently just recently started getting into size 18's, does anyone know how much weight I'm likely to need to lose to get down into the elusive size 16?

It honestly depends on how much exercise you are doing I think. My weight loss can be slow but I've noticed upping the exercise really has the inches coming off x

Chaf free summer sounds amazing!!!! I bought these chaf free shorths from Evans to wear under skirts n dresses but see when the wind blew...... Not good lol xx

A chaf free summer sounds good to me! That's been a major curse for me each year. Good luck to everyone on their goals, it's good to have goals- it's certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow most of the time. I'm hovering around the 15 stone mark right now and currently just recently started getting into size 18's, does anyone know how much weight I'm likely to need to lose to get down into the elusive size 16?

I'm shorter than you and i currently weigh 13.12, i am still a proper size 18. Upping the exercise has really helped me as i am really noticing the difference in my shape due to the exercise as opposed to weight loss.I don't think i'll be a 16 until i am 12 stone something.

I hardly do any exercise as I'm limited but I've lost 5 stone . 48 inches . And 5 dress sizes down to a 16 from 24. My body probably don't be as toned as those doing exercise. It I am proof that you don't need to do both

toofatkat said:
I hardly do any exercise as I'm limited but I've lost 5 stone . 48 inches . And 5 dress sizes down to a 16 from 24. My body probably don't be as toned as those doing exercise. It I am proof that you don't need to do both

The fact you have done all that with not much exercise is amazing! I really don't get any chance to exercise (+ I hate it!) so I know now I can follow you and still succeed! Although I do have a Zumba wii game I could try now and again!

I must admit I hate exercising and I'm not allowed to do any tummy exercises, or anything that would put a strain on my stomach. I'm doing swimming, walking and exercise bike riding right now but no where near as much as I'd like to do. It took me 2 stone and 3 pounds to drop two sizes exactly so I'm hoping maybe one stone 2 pounds or similar may get me into a 16 but I've no idea really, just hoping lol :)

I have osteoarthritis and need a knee replacement . I have to admit the more weight I've lost the easier it is to walk so im trying to do more of that and I've also started swimming again. I still can't do much but it helps but I did lose the majority without exercising

toofatkat said:
I have osteoarthritis and need a knee replacement . I have to admit the more weight I've lost the easier it is to walk so im trying to do more of that and I've also started swimming again. I still can't do much but it helps but I did lose the majority without exercising

Hi Kat. I too have osteoarthritis, as well as M.E., and have also lost 5 stone on zero exercise - snap! It really can be done, I've never lost weight through exercise.

Are you actually getting a knee replacement? I need one too, but have been told not until I'm 60. So this week I've had an arthroscopy, which I expected, and microfracture surgery, which I didn't! Consequently I'm on crutches and off work for six weeks, which I'm totally bummed about (especially the crutches!). xx

Back