summer :(

leanne69

i hate summer with a passion!!
i always have! it just reminds me how big i am :cry: all the little skimpy clothes and sweating :eek:
i like it cold with all the cardies and jeans not vest tops with my fat arms spodging all over the place :eek:

is it only me that feels like this???

No you are absolutely not alone at all in this. I completely sympathise. I really thought last year that I'd be a size 12 by this summer. I don't know, maybe I'll make it by the end of the summer.

I am proud that this is the first year in 10 years I weigh less than the year before, instead of bigger. I thought that at this weight I'd feel so much better 40 pounds ago. Guess what? I still feel fat. I still feel like a heifer. I don't know at what weight I'll feel slim and just hot because it's hot and not because I'm too fat.

It's awful. Everyone looks forward to the sunshine. I can't bear it. I don't want next year to be my normal summer, I want it this year. But the sun has already come out and I can't wear a skirt because my legs will go red raw with rubbing off one another...

Please use these sunny months as best you can, fish and salad, fruit and cereal, eat seasonally and fresh, and start exercising, just do a Leslie Sansone video 4 times a week. Try to be determined, try to think of me and all the other ladies who feel as you do, don't get down, get your body moving again. By September you can be 40 pounds down or the same weight. Choose to use this weather in a positive way and make the summer memorable for being the summer you started your permanent health kick.

I feel for you, I really do, more than you realise and there are so many more who feel the same. I wanted this summer to be my kew dress summer, at this rate it'll be next year before I get to buy those pretty dresses. They may go up to a size 16 but I am 5 foot tall so look like a barrel. I want the size 10 kew dresses, no more settling for sweaty polyester trousers. Maybe I should use the fed up feeling to spur me on...

Don't allow yourself to feel the same way next year, start now, you can use these feelings to commit yourself to a healthy body, start now and next year it'll be your dream summer, this summer half the dream. It's better than the alternative... ;-)

Last edited:
I totally know what you mean. I don't like summer much as I really want to be able to wear summer clothes and look good in them which I can't. This year I may not be able to but next year I sure as heck will!!

this year is the one for me its my 21st in oct and i want to go out lookin good :) hopefully i will be happier towards the end of the summer x

Im sure you will be leanne :)

I love sunny weather, I like feeling the heat on my skin, it puts me in a better mood. But I know I'd like it alot more if i felt comfortable in strappy tops and short skirts like everyone else wears, instead of always putting a cardigan over the top. I don't really have much to lose but I haven't got very much self confidence at all and would really like to feel comfortable with the way I look

Its my 22nd at the end of August and I am determined to feel sexy and confident when I go out. I feel so down at the moment - all the weight i lost back in Jan has gone back on and ive let myself go. I've got a big weekend planned, going out tonight and tomorrow night, and just wish I could look nice for it. Anyway, im going to try and enjoy it as much as possible and then really go for it on Monday, its the perfect weather to get outside and get some exercise, or maybe start making proper use of that expensive gym membership I have! I WILL be happy within myself by the summer holidays... and I will have the self control to eat well and the self discipline to exercise regularly.

awww good luck with the weight loss hun!!! its not about how much u have to lose! its about how you see yourself and what every pound means to you ;) im sure you will fab when you go out too (im oooober jealous aswel haha)
please keep me updated on ur progress and what diet ur on please as our goal date are quite close x

Thanks hun!

Im going to be calorie counting - 1200 cals a day (I'm only 5ft tall) and trying to eat more cals from protein than from carbs.
I'm also planning on going to the gym quite alot to tone up.

What diet are you going to do? Im sure we will have fantastic bodies in no time!!

xxx

I'm not dreading the summer at all, as I know what I looked like last summer. Granted I'm work-in-progress, but I feel a million times better thanks I did last summer

Back