Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

Hey girl!
1.2lbs on isn't bad at all for a Easter splurge, it'll be off in no time! You'll probably find your weight fluctuates if you've come off the pill too as your hormones will be out of whack for a bit as they get used to it.

You're the first person on here I've seen who has Lilt Zero too! Do you like it? I really love it! (having one now, lol) I think it's the least 'diet' tasting of all the diet fizzy drinks I've tried so far, my bf even likes it and he usually hates diet things.
Which fruit teas have you been having? I'm trying to drink lots of green tea as apparently it helps reduce body fat and lose weight :O as well as preventing certain cancers and common colds/flu's! They have a fruity range you might like. I really enjoy the Mango & Lychee one- took a few cups to get my head around the taste though and only like it with sweetner still :p

What are you up to this weekend? Why were you p*ssed off yest? :( *hug*
Keep up the good work though- sorry I've not been on here for a while, my subscribed threads thing is a bit overloaded!
x

I love lilt zero!! And Dr pepper zero, and cherry Pepsi max lol. I'm used to diet drinks because moms diabetic so never had full sugar stuff at home. If I drink full fat coke I feel so sick!
I've been drinking black currant and rhubarb tea which is nice or apple crunch, they're both twinings ones. Not sure how I feel about green tea, may give it a go! My boss at work drinks green tea that's flavoured with pineapple and grapefruit and it always smells fab.

Yesterday was major fed up with my hubby. We had a huge heart to heart at the weekend where basically we both said we felt we are starting to drift a bit. I said I wanted to spend more time together and he agreed. Then last night when I got bk from gym he announced he was going to be working extra hours today as well as a 13 hr shift tomorrow and nxt weekend. Grrr.

Had a nice chilled day today. Lovely to see the sun a bit! Did Zumba this morning, have been for a walk with my mom this afternoon and spent some time with my pet iggy, he lives at my parents house so I don't see him everyday.

B-chewy delight bar

L- fruit salad. Grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans.

S-mini caramel egg (3 syns) highlights hot choc (2 syns)

D-going for curry so poppadom (4 syns) and onion salad. Chicken rogan (6.5 syns) and boiled rice.

Drinks-1.5 l sugar free squash. 4 cups of tea. Diet coke.

My legs ache so much today after a hike up hills yesterday. Had a long day at work and it's so nice to chill out with a glass of wine!

B-chewy delight Special K bar and bannana

S-apple and satsuma

L-cottage cheese, fresh pineapple, salad leaves, tomatoes, celery, pepper and cucumber. Yogurt. Mini rice Krispy square (4).

S-satsuma

D-chicken pasta with chorizo (2.5) mushrooms, onions, peppers, passata. 250ml red wine (8.5)

Drinks-2 cups of coffee, water, 2 fruit teas

Had a busy one today and don't feel like I've drank enough. Weigh in tomorrow-I hope the scales reflect how dedicated I've been this week.

B-30g all bran choc crunch, 0%total yogurt, raspberries

L-cottage cheese salad with fresh pineapple.
Yogurt. Apple

S-bannana and my last piece of Easter egg (5 syns)

D-griddled tuna steak with noodles and stir fried veg.

S-highlights hot choc (2 syns) and 2 choc fingers (3 syns)

Fluids- 2 mugs hot water and lemon, 1 coffee, 1 tea, glass of water, a pint of squash, can of fanta zero.
Actually that sounds like a lot of fluid but I've been to body combat and sweated A LOT lol

1.7lb off for me this week, I'd hoped for a little more but I'm glad it's down and not up!

B-30g all bran crunch, raspberries, 0% total yogurt

S-bannana

L-ham salad with 1/2 packet of roasted veg cous cous (1 syn). Yogurt. Apple. Mini rice Krispy square (4 syns).

S-satsuma and 2 choc fingers (3 syns)

D-steak, mushrooms, tomatoes and jacket potato.
Small mocha in the pub, was a tea cup size so I think about 3 syns as a medium one at costa is 7.5

Drinks-2 coffees, 2 teas, 3 fruit teas, 2 diet cokes and mocha.

Had a bad day SW wise yesterday, started with the best of intentions but then had dinner at my mother in laws which made my self control weak and gave in to apple crumble and ice cream :-/ wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already had 13 syns already. Never mind. Lots to look forward to the next couple of months which is exciting but it was this time last year that my slimming world journey went right off track and by may I'd stopped following the plan and stopped going to group. I'm more determined this time as I really want to be at the weight I was when I got married by my anniversary in July (16 lbs to lose in 13 weeks). However times will be challenging. It's my hubby's birthday in a couple of weeks which will involve 2 meals out and a gathering at our house. Then a weekend in May in Oxford with hubby and London end of may with mom. Then a weekend in Wales in June with my whole family.

Hey Summer! Congrats on your 1.7lbs off. Dont worry about the crumble ;) make up for it by shaving a few syns off of days here and there?
Sounds like you have a lot of SW distractions coming your way but your goal for july sounds very reasonable- stay at it!!
Do you save syns in advanced when you have a meal out or two coming up? I'd stick to yummy but low syn meals that week to balance it out.
What will the food situation be.like in wales? I'm on a work trip next week (Abu Dhabi) and hate the food situation- hotel food and no time to find alternatives- so I bring stuff with me that can just be made with the kettle, like instant porridge, couscous sachets, mugshots etc rather than having the burgers and crap on the room service menu when I've overshot breakfast because of jet lag! Bring cereal bars too!
X

Hey Soph, just read your diary all about your upcoming trip-sounds mega stressful!
When I know I'm going out for dinner I try to save all my syns for the day for that, if I know there will be alcohol then I try to reduce syns for the rest of the week but I'm not very good at it!
Wales will be fine, meals out in the evening but breakfast and lunch most likely at the cottage. There will be plenty of walking too!

Had a busy weekend, on Saturday spent the day at home doing housework and essay writing then went to the pub in the evening with friends but I was driving so stuck to diet coke! Yesterday I ended up working an extra shift, was late when i got home and after 12.5 hours at work i didn't want to cook so we had Chinese. I'd saved all my syns for the day though so my Cantonese sweet and sour chicken, boiled rice and 4 prawn crackers didnt tip me over.

Today's food

B-all bran choc crunch and total 0% fat yogurt

S-bannana

L-salad with peppers and beetroot, mugshot, muller light, apple and 2satsumas

S-kit kat (5.5) another bannana and 3 mikado (1.5)

D-pasta with onions, peppers, garlic, bacon and passata

Have drank loads of fruit tea today and water.

Not written on here for a while, my heads not really been in the right place. Tuesday was ok, went to body combat, stuck to my syns etc. Wednesday was WI-lost 0.7lb. Was a bit disappointed as its such a tiny loss for so much effort (surely apple crumble once can't make that much difference!) anyway went for lunch with mom on weds and stuck to pasta that was in a chilli and tomato sauce, used my syns on a glass of wine and half a desert.
Thursday again was on track, went for a swim and ate all SW friendly things, didnt have more than 15 syns.

Yesterday I felt so low :( combination of hormones, tiredness from being woken up night before by hubby's phone and generally the fact that as a couple things aren't very good between us at the moment. Used all my syns for the day +1 on rogan josh and a chapatti plus a massive portion of boiled rice.

Today I'm undecided about what to do with the day. I'd like to get out a bit as tomorrow I need to spend the day writing an essay, doing housework and meal planning. Going to cook some sort of pasta for tonight, maybe the meatball pasta bake from latest SW mag.

Well today I've spent the entire day writing an essay that's due on Friday-almost done. Plan to have a bath then cook a Sunday roast for when hubs gets in from work.
Been really hungry and craving chocolate today, think because star week is on the way

B-slice of toast (hx) with spread (1syn) a sliced bannana and muller light Greek (0.5 syn)
Cup of tea and a mikado 0.5 syn

S-chopped watermelon and pineapple

L-pasta n sauce and steamed veg

S-2 choc fingers (3 syns) freddo (5 syns) and another cup of tea

Bubbles hot choc (2 syns)

D-roast beef, SW roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, gravey (1 syn) and mustard (0.5 syns??)

Hey hunnie! Sounds like you've been very good despite feeling rubbish. Are your hormones fubny from *week? If it's due could be why the low loss!
Sorry to hear things as a couple arent great right now, I experienced that recently and a few days away helped it actually... Though I guess for you it could be too much time away with the 12hr crazy shifts?!
If you need to talk about it I'm def here to listen! It really sucks when you have to admit that though, even to yourself, that the relationship you are in isnt working... But it does get better, just need to work out what isnt right about it!
X

Hey Soph, my hormones are totally all over the place, period is due the end of the week but I've felt Pms'y for about a week. Things with hubby are tense because he's stressed with work stuff and spent almost 70 hours there last week.

WI tomorrow and I don't feel too confident but I'm sure this week will be better than next as we have a weekend planned with friends and family that will involve alcohol, pizza, curry and cake :-/

Going to go to combat tonight as I could do with a bit of exercise after a weekend in the house

Bloody STS this week :( glad I didn't gain but seriously? I've stuck with it even when I've felt rubbish and just wanted chocolate. It's so disheartening.
Plan is to be more strict with myself this week, but have Saturday off for hubby's birthday gathering. I had thought I might let myself have the weekend off plan as Friday we are out for the day for hubs birthday and our anniversary. Going to a really cool cinema where you have a sofa and there's waiter service, you text the waiter your order!! They sell locally made ice creams and cakes and alcohol too!
Then Sunday we are out for a curry with in laws.
Fingers crossed I do better this week but it's very unlikely I would have thought.

Well after vowing yesterday that I'd be golden all wk apart from sat, yesterday went totally to pot. Caved into jelly babies and other sweets at work (6 syns) a mini roll (6 syns) 1 finger of a kit kat (2.5) Then cheesecake after dinner (about 20 syns) and wine (5) as well as hidden syns in oil in dinner (pasta and I didn't cook it). God knows what yesterday's damage was :(

Well star week started today and i've felt horrific all day. Have decided i'm going to restart my pill because i've been a nightmare the last few weeks, I don't know how anyone has put up with me because the PMT has been monumental. I get so so depressed because I get frustrated with everything and everyone but mostly myself. Have felt so bloated and because I've been so busy at work not been drinking enough. Anyway todays food:

30g all bran choc crunch, fresh raspberries and fat free natural yog

bannana

carribean jerk pork with boiled rice (from canteen at work, not sure syn wise didnt look oily and the pork didnt taste at all fatty) and an apple

2 satsumas, grapes and a muller greek yogurt (0.5)

May have some more fruit or a hot choccy and biscuit before bed if the queezy feeling i've got wears off.

Went to body jam tonight even though I really didnt feel like it so hope to have undone some of the damage I may have done with syns yesterday

Well Friday was a really good on plan day and sneaky unofficial WI yesterday was showing 2.2lb loss but I know that will be less on weds because of yesterday's blow out. Didnt do too badly food wise but didn't eat enough-alcohol was the problem. I have an awful hangover today and have decided that today is going to be flexi syn because we are out for curry with the in laws tonight and I havnt had a piece of the amazing cake I made for hubby's birthday yet. So back on track Monday morning and hope to claw back some sort of loss for Wednesday. Plan is to drink plenty over the next few days and get bk on the lemon water.

Just do red days love, always works for me to get rid of the bloat from bad foods xx

It's really simple, and after weekends I always eat what I want one or both the weekend days, my body responds really badly to processed carbs and I can easily put on 5lbs of carb bloat and retained water, if I do 2 days of red after it always disappears and puts me back where I was before, then I alternate EE and red for the rest of the week and usually lose something 1lb 2 sometimes plus the bloat gain has gone.

Basically all hexB and hexA cheese, cereals , bars and milk are the same but just eat meat and super free veg instead and that's it! You can have 100g cooked pasta (only brown) 227g jacket potato or 200g new potatoes, 200g parsnip as a 2nd hexB. I just replace any potato in meals with
Butternut squash or swede and pretty much just eat the same. Frittatas for breakfast that I save half for lunch with bacon, veggie sausage, red onion, cherry tomato, peppers, courgette and mushrooms and hexA cheese and that's bfast and lunch sorted, then you have both hex's left for the day too xx

Back