Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

Well WI today showed 2.5 off so I'm really pleased as I've now lost 1stone.

B-30g all bran crunch with fat free natural Greek yogurt

S-bannana

L-mini frozen jacket (0.5 syns as they're about 1/2 the size of normal frozen spuds) 150g pineapple low fat cottage cheese (1.5) salad. Nectarine

S-satsuma, pink and white (2.5)

D-spag Bol with extra lean mince and superfree veg.

Glass of red wine -8.5
Highlights-2

Total syns 15

Well done love!! X

Last few days have been ok food wise but I know the whole weekend is going to be a write off. We've got family coming to stay so I've baked a couple of cakes, going for Indian tonight which will involve wine. And Mother's Day tomorrow we are eating out again although will most likely be a roast dinner. Just going to draw a line under it, enjoy and move on. Straight back on plan Monday morning.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend x

Back on plan after a weekend slightly off track involving curry, wine, cake and chocolate. No doubt that will be reflected on the scales on weds. Currently working on a presentation for Uni on Friday, I'm so not looking forward to it. On the up side the essay I handed in a month or so ago got me an A!

B-30g honey nut shredded wheat bite size with 125ml skimmed milk

S-bannana. Pink and white wafer (2.5 syns).

L-chicken salad. Muller Greek yogurt (0.5 syns). Nectarine. Salt and vinegar popcorn (2.5 syns).

S-satsuma. Mini Green and blacks dark choc (4 syns).

D-chicken stir fry, noodles, soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice and fry light. Mini Lindt egg (1.5 syns)

Total syns-11.

Will have a highlights hot choc (2 syns) before bed

Hey- congrats on your 1 stone award!
I'm sure by Weds you'll have been good enough to disqualify a naughty weekend ;) eat lots of speed foods (make a soup!) to help! x

Thank you Tetris!

Today has been a good food day, been drinking plenty to stop me snacking on crap! I always find the more sweet stuff I have the more I want it.

B-30g spoon size weetabix, skimmed milk

S-grapes and a bannana

L-chicken salad, nectarine, apple, muller Greek (0.5)

S-satsuma, cookie (2.5), small dairy milk (5.5)

D-chilli con carne, salad and sweet potato wedges. Fruit salad.

S-3 mikado sticks (1.5)

Total-10 syns

WI tomorrow-eek!

I know what you mean- I can go a whole day without sweet stuff but once I start the craving is there. I've heard that a lot of artificial sweetners make you crave sugar, have noticed that following a can of diet drink I usually get the munchies a bit.
Good luck with WI tomorrow! Mine too, dont feel like I've lost- feel so bloated still. This calls for a red day methinks! X

WI for me today showed a 1.2lb gain. Not bothered as I expected it tbh.
Today is my brothers birthday and I've made him a cake but I'm keeping away.

B-1 slice wholemeal toast with 20 g low low spread (HXb and part a) and 2 sausages (butcher ones that are 90% chicken and 10% pork, butcher does SW and says 0.5 syn each although old SW C said syn free. Counting 1 syn)

L-ham salad, apple, grapes, bannana, muller light. 2 mints (10. Cal each so 1 syn)

S-orange. Chocolate (7 syns)

D-out for tea for bro birthday so will have steak, salad, jacket spud. 1 onion ring (3).

Syns-12+oil steak was cooked in

Last edited:
Not written for a few days as its been a hectic sort of week. I'm proud to say I kept well away from the cake I made for my brothers birthday! Also did well in resisting liquorice all sorts at work! Today I'm going to the ward where I used to work because one of my best friends is working her last shift today, there will be all kinds of junk food and cake laid out in the coffee room but will just have to stay strong! Yesterday I went to a wedding but was driving so kept syns down from an alcohol point of view. Also ate before I went. I really want a loss this week after my gain last week. And I'm going for a Thai meal and cocktails on Saturday for a friends birthday which no doubt will be detrimental.

Wow, you are SURROUNDED by temptation, huh? Wedding, birthday cake, Thai AND cocktails- that's more than I have to be scared of in about a month!

Well done for resisting the cake- that's hardcore! And for eating before the wedding and not drinking. Good luck with the next temptations and well done for staying positive despite the gain, I'm sure your body was just having an off day and it'll be a nice loss this week!
x

March and April are always a toughie for me with Easter and several birthdays. A wedding and a leaving party just made it harder this week! I stuck with it and managed to resist a piece of the amazing banoffee pie my mate made for her leaving do.

Today has been EE for me as usual

B-1 piece of wholemeal toast with 20g low low spread (HXb and part of A)

S-bannana, muller Greek (0.5)

L-butternut squash soup (free) an apple, satsuma and watermelon. Curly wurly (6)

S-99 flake (2.5)

D-lamb and vegetable tagine with cous cous.

Will have choc or options or something before bed

Going to go to the gym tomorrow for the first time in 3 or poss 4 weeks, doing body combat. It may kill me lol. I've missed not going but it's been essential because of the amount of Uni work I had to do. As usual I leave it until far too close to due date!!

WI today-1.75lb off, relatively happy with that.

Body combat nearly killed me as predicted! But I did enjoy it.

In other news I got an A for the presentation I did at Uni last week-massive relief as it was 75% of my module so pretty heavily weighted.

Today's food-30g all bran crunch with muller Greek style yog (0.5)

Bannana and satsuma

Frozen jacket (1) with beans and 30g low fat cheddar. Salad, apple, muller light.

Grapes and freddo (5) and a mint imperial (0.5)

Dinner tonight will be steak, SW chips, mushrooms and more salad.

URGH this weather is VILE!! We have a couple of inches of snow here and it's still falling, it was enough to stop me from going to Zumba this morning as planned but have managed to keep away from the chocchy biccies with my many cups of tea that i'm having to keep warm!
The plan for tonight was going to be a thai meal and cocktails for a friends birthday but as this meant a train trip we have decided to go to the local Nando's instead! I'm secretly pleased because this means I can food optimise properly without having to flexi syn.

B-Hifi light bar, bannana and activia 0% manderin yogurt

L-grilled bacon, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, "fried" egg and beans. fresh pineapple.

S-Apple and a 2nd hifi light

D-Planning butterfly chicken breast with skin removed (2 syns for any oil and marinade), spicy rice (3 syns), corn on the cob and will share a salad with my friend. Leaving 10 syns for either wine or one of the amazing portugese custard tarts (168 kcal on MFP so about 8.5 syns).

I stuck to the plan last night at nandos.

Today the best laid plans have done completely to pot...

B-bacon sandwich with 1 slice wholemeal bread

S-nectarine and a choc biscuit (4 syns)

D-roast pork, potatoes, broccoli and carrots with gravy (1 syn). BAileys and mocha sylabub (4 syns)
Half a bottle of Chardonnay (12 syns)
Mini choc bunny (3 syns) mini caramel egg (3 syns)

27 syns, oh dear!!

Weigh in day today-half a pound down this week. Not fantastic and I know it'd have been more if I hadn't had wine on Sunday! But that's life I suppose. Have decided to try to focus a bit more and think about my free/superfree ratios as well as fluids.

B-30g all bran choc crunch with 130ml skimmed milk. Nectarine. Coffee with 30ml skimmed milk and sweetener.

S-fruit tea and a bannana

L-left over bolognaise with extra lean mince, passata, onions, grated carrots, red and green peppers, wholemeal pasta.
Nectarine, apple, fruit tea. Fat free activia yogurt.

S-satsuma, freddo (5), coffee.

D-extra lean beef strips, stir fry veg, dried noodles.

Well today was my first on plan day after 4 off, as if Easter wasn't enough to put me off track I also had a trip to London with friends and a family meal for a birthday. Weigh in tomorrow and I expect I'll be a couple of lbs up-hopefully will ditch them this week. Had a fantastic weekend but the only downside was star week-my first since coming off my pill after 3 years on it! Was horrific but I survived. Been to body combat tonight which was fun but tough, trying to get back into my exercise routine after time off cuz of Uni and things.

Anyway today's food-

B-30g all bran choc crunch with ff plain Greek yogurt, raspberries and 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

S-apple and a bannana

L-ham salad with 2 light babybell cheeses and ff vinegarette dressing. Nectarine. 0% fat activia yog.

S-hifi light bar (3) satsuma

D-pasta with bacon, mushrooms, peppers, onions and passata. Another 0% fat activia.

Drinks-3 mugs fruit tea, water, 1L NAS squash, tea with 100ml skimmed milk (1 3rd of HXA) and hot water with lemon.

May have a piece of Easter egg later which I've weighed into 5 syn portions!

WI today - 1.2lb gain. Totally expected more than that so i'm ok with it, trying really hard to have a good loss next week.

B- Chewy delight special K bar, fat free activia yogurt and a nectarine

S-Bannana

L-butternut squash soup, apple, velvet crunch (4 syns) mullerlight with raspberries and strawberries

S-Easter egg (5 syns)

D -Chicken with nandos sauce (1 syn), SW chips and salad.

Drinks - 3 cups of tea, fruit tea, water.

Urgh, so pissed off today.

B-30g all bran choc crunch, 0% activia yogurt, raspberries

S-bannana

L-chicken salad, diet Irish yogurt, mini Rice Krispie square (4 syns), melon

S-apple, 4 choc fingers (6 syns)

D-salmon, stir fry veg, noodles in soy sauce. Double vodka and diet coke (5 syns)

Drinks-1 coffee, 3 fruit teas, 3 cups of regular tea, 1 litre sugar free squash.

B-chewy delight bar, 0%activa yogurt, apple

L-stir fry veg and low fat super noodles. Diet Irish yogurt. Strawberries.

S-freddo bar (5 syns) piece of Easter egg (5 syns)

D-chilli con carne with boiled rice and salad. May have a ww wholemeal pitta with this for 5 syns

Drinks-2 coffees, can of lilt zero, fruit tea, tea, squash.

Back