Sum's Diary

I've had a good day - Not completly syn free but i tired for a low syn day as i have no idea how many the chinese meal was :confused: So i've decided to try and keep my low syn days up until WI. I am addicted to the Asda great stuff jelly pots (The 3.5syns are better but the but the 0.5syns one are nice too) and like to spray a tiny bit of Asda's reduce fat real cream on it :D Defiantly a good sweet fix! Been shopping so i'm now restocked up on fruit and food for green days! I love my green days!

Green Day:

Breakfast: Chocolate weetbaix (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (Part HEA) and banana

Lunch: Apple, Pineapple stick, blue berries and Onken FF apple and mango yogurt

Dinner: SW chips, Beans, Quorn Burger and 2 quorn chicken nuggets (Syns below)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Grapefruit, FF Shape yogurt, Orange, Kellogs Fibre Bar (HEB)

Syns:
Chocolate Weetabix (2 syn)
Quorn chicken nuggets (1 syn)
ASDA good for you SF jelly pot (0.5 syn)
Asda RF real cream (0.5 syn)

Exercise: None - starting it tomorrow i promise :rolleyes:

I am toying with the idea of using my HEB on a Hi Fi or alpen bars to have with my cup of tea. Will update my diary later if i do :cool: Xx

Last edited:
Hi Sum - congratulations on finishing your course! Now you've just got the nerve-wracking bit of waiting for the results!

Well done for largely sticking to plan as well through a stressful time. I think I would have gone off-plan at a chinese buffet too - I've avoided chinese like the plague for nearly a year now - I think I'd take 'all you can eat' to a whole new level if I went now!!!

Noticed your comment about your HEB - but your food diary indicates you've already had two today...:confused: Has all that essay writing scrambled your brain, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?! :D

Have a great weekend and good luck for WI on Sunday. x

I think Sum edited to show that she has now scoffed the said cereal bar Spanx :)

Duh! You'll have to excuse me - it is Friday night after all and my brain has obviously shut down for the weekend! :D

Hahaha thanks Spanx! And Smartie is right i kinda scoffed the cereal bar with my tea and thought i'd just edit the post :rolleyes:

:eek: I know what you mean Spanx! We had the buffet menu and i could not believe how much we we're expected to eat! (my friends kept ordering as thats what we were suppose to do lol) The food was never ending (along with the Jasmine Tea) Xx

As promised yesterday i have started to incorporate more exercise into my day as i walked to and from Asda (I needed to get a loaf tin) - Will do hula hooping tomorrow and then back on the shred on monday. That is my plan, i just hope i can stick to it lol

I made the chickpea loaf today which turned out sooo nice. As soon as i took it out the oven my family literally wolfed it down! lol i just managed to have a piece myself - My face was like :eek: when my family loved the chickpea loaf. They never like my 'diet food' lol. My cousins even had the quorn meatball Spaghetti with so i've had quite a successful day for cooking.

Tried Weetabix Crunchy Bran this morning and it was amazing! I think i have a new fave cereal - had to put splenda on it but still it was nice :D

Green Day:

Breakfast: Weetabix Crunchy Bran (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (Part HEA) and banana

Lunch: Chickepea Dahl loaf with homemade mint chutney

Dinner: Spaghetti and quorn meatballs (HEA)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Pear, 2 x Orange, Onken Apple and mango yogurt

Syns:
Morning Coffee Biscuit (1 syn)
Mikardo (1 syn)
Small homemade cake piece (13 syns) (As I’m not sure but I just want to be sure anyway)

Exercise: Walk to Asda (20 mintues each way :D) Xx

Last edited:
Meh had a crappy/stressful day which means went way over my syns limit. Damn the stupid emotional eating! Meal wise i stuck to SW meals but it was the snacks and the time in between! Oh well tomorrow is a new day i guess and back to SW and hopefully the stressness in the family will have been sorted out or atleast calmed down a bit.

In other news i may not go to WI on tuesday as its my friend's 21st and she's feeling a little down (as she's away at uni and no one there is doing anything for her birthday) so i may go down to surprise her but its a 3 hour drive each way - Will have to see what i can do

Green day:

Breakfast: Poached eggs with wholemeal roll (HEB) with banana and apple

Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti and quorn meatballs

Dinner: Syn free Spaghetti Neopolitan (HEA)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Grapefruit

Syns: Too many to mention to be honest

Big hugs Sum. Hope things settle down soon.

Gail x

BIG hugs Sum!

Sorry to hear that you haven't had a good day today but these things happen. Just draw a line under it as tomorrow is another day. Your friend is so lucky to have a friend like you. Coud she not meet you half way so you could have a meal/day out to celebrate her birthday as 6 hours of travelling may be a bit too much for you. Ps make sure you pack sw friendly snacks before you go :) Hope you have a fab week xx

Thanks Gail and Lady A you're kind words mean a lot to me.

Ok so i spoke to my friends roomate G last night to ask about this party. So its a surprise party that my G and my friends other 2 roomates are throwing her as she's a little down at the moment. G has organise it so that i can park on their drive and stay the night instead of driving home late :D We're doing a meal out for her and then planning to watch loads of films through the night. Best thing is that G loves fruit (weird child) rather than chocolate so i'll have a someone who's enjoying fruit with me lol. Will remember to take some SW friendly lunch for the way there and snacks through out the night!

I have loads to do and sort out:
Need to sort out her card and present
Find a sleeping bag
Find a nice top to wear
Check water and oil in my car
Fill the car up
Get some money lol

Thats all i can remember for now but i'm sure there's loads more to do. This random surprise party idea has really improved my mood and am looking forward to it! So sorry for being on such a downer yesertday :) Xx

Oh I won't be able to WI on tuesday as i'll be there - I'll try and go to a different class if i can to WI X

Sounds like lots of fun hun. Make sure you get a pic in your new top. I'll have to wait until my cousin gets back from holiday before I can post mine on here. xx

Will do and can't wait to see your lovely picture too :D

I got all my stuff ready for my day out :D Just need to straighten my hair and put some petrol in the car and i'm good to go (lol i still have about 3 hours before i need to leave though :rolleyes:). I had a good day yesterday and i had to make 2 loadfuls of Actifry chips and my family wanted them too :eek:

Green Day:

Breakfast: Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB) with Onken FF Vanilla yogurt, banana, grapes and blueberries

Lunch: didn’t have time

Dinner: SW chips with baked beans

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Grapefruit, Pear, Orange, Apple, Pineapple

Syns:
Crème egg (9 syns)
Milkado (1 syn)
Last piece of fudge (5 syns)

Oohh just remembered that i need to charge my camera >>>

I'm back :D I had sooo much fun! lol my friends face when she saw me was priceless she was like 'Omg Sum this is the best gift ever - thank you so much for coming down i really didn't expect it'. Her friends were so lovely to me too! I seriously enjoyed the day and didn't mind the travelling that i had to do.

Lol guess who forgot their camera at home? It didn't matter though as we took some pictures on my friends camera and i actually look ok in them :eek: That is the my favourite thing about losing weight, that i actually am happy with how i look (want to lose more obviosuly but i am happier with how i look).

Uumm meal wise i didn't have lunch and we ate at 8pm which was a veggie burger, side salad and some chips :rolleyes: lol but it was an enjoyable day so will try and cut back on my syns. Oh and only 2 cupcakes for me rather than loads and no birthday cake or biscuits lol

Hope everyone else is having a good week too Xx

Congrats on finishing Sum, so pleased for you!

Great food hun. Good luck this week xx

Thank you Ela ine :D X

Will do Lady A X

I've had a good day today and to limit the damage that i have done yesterday i have had a syn free day (Yays!) :D Today was busy day and i didn't manage to go food shopping, but i will have to tomorrow as the fruit and food suitation in my house is dire! We only have 2 pears and 2 bananas left in the house and there's six of us lol so need to go shopping early tomorrow for definate otherwise me and my family will be fighting over the last few pieces of fruit :p

Cooking wise i made one of my fave dishes that my mum makes SW suitable (the mixed vegetable pasta) which turned out really nice and my entire family ate it happily :D Small victory number 1!

Green Day:

Breakfast: Apple, Pear, Orange, Banana

Lunch: Weetabix (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) and blueberries

Dinner: Mixed vegetable pasta

Snacks: Tea x 3 (HEA), Orange, Grapes, ½ melon, Onken FF Apple and mango yogurt, 2 x Alpen Light Bars (HEB)

Syns:
None

I've had a good 100% day today. Only had 1 syn as i was craving something sweet and so decided on a small snackpot jelly with some whipped cream on top. The lack of fruit in my diary today can be put down to me not being able to go shopping early today. Though the house is now full of fruit as i managed to go shopping in the afternoon :D But i couldn't make it to the other WI (instead of my usual tues one) as i was food shopping at the time. So will have to wait till next week to see if i caused too much damage with that meal out for my friends 21st.

mmm the garlic mushrooms in the jaket potato for lunch was soo yummy! Will defiantly be making it again :D I've not been having my 2L of NAS squash recently so must get back into the habit of drinking more.

Green Day:

Breakfast: Weetabix Cruncy Bran (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) and banana and grapes

Lunch: Jacket potato with garlic mushrooms (part HEA for 2 LC triangles) and salad

Dinner: Lentils with rice and salad

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), 2 x Orange, Shape FF yogurt, Grapefruit, 2 x Hi FI Butterscotch bars (HEB)

Syns:
Asda snack pot jelly (0.5syns)
ASDA RF real cream (0.5 syns)

Ok i thought i'd post here to help me try and resist the Thorntons Classic box in the kitchen by not thinking about them. They are going to expire at the end of this month so mums put them on the kitchen shelf so they get eaten :sigh: Have checked out the syn value of them and they are 3 syns each! Will try and resist them (haven't had any of them yet :p) - I dunno if i'm craving them because i'm hungry or because i know they are there and are lovely :confused: Will have to ponder over that.

Oh Oh i would also like to ask opinions on something from you lovely people. Bascially if i go out and have a meal or many syns in one day then i try to do syn free to minimize the damage. But i know other's just draw a line and have syns as normal. So i was wondering what you guys thought - Which one is better?

To have syn free days or keep having syns but limit them i.e. 5 syns a day? Xx

Ok really bad day yesterday syn wise! Only had 2 thorntons so that wasn't too bad until i went to my aunties! I went last night to decide on what to wear for special birthday day out (No idea what we're doing but apparently i'm going to love it) and what to wear on the other family birthday party (again i have no idea what we're doing but i'm going to love it apparently) and ended up having 2 j2os, a small cadbury's chocolate bunny, a muffin roll - really the list goes on and now i feel bad just reading what i ate so i'll stop.

Umm so defiantly a gain this week and most defiantly a gain next week as its my birthday on the 30th :D (day before WI so i might book that WI as a holiday lol)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend Xx

Back