Sum's Diary

Ok really bad day yesterday syn wise! Only had 2 thorntons so that wasn't too bad until i went to my aunties! I went last night to decide on what to wear for special birthday day out (No idea what we're doing but apparently i'm going to love it) and what to wear on the other family birthday party (again i have no idea what we're doing but i'm going to love it apparently) and ended up having 2 j2os, a small cadbury's chocolate bunny, a muffin roll - really the list goes on and now i feel bad just reading what i ate so i'll stop.

Umm so defiantly a gain this week and most defiantly a gain next week as its my birthday on the 30th :D (day before WI so i might book that WI as a holiday lol)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend Xx

Oh SUM....I know exactly how you feel hun. My diary entry today isn't looking pretty either. BIG hugs hun at least we've got a bank holiday to look forward to on our birthday hey. I've lost the will because of my man flu but I'm sending you some positive vibes so you get back on it! :vibes: xx

Ok i thought i'd post here to help me try and resist the Thorntons Classic box in the kitchen by not thinking about them. They are going to expire at the end of this month so mums put them on the kitchen shelf so they get eaten :sigh: Have checked out the syn value of them and they are 3 syns each! Will try and resist them (haven't had any of them yet :p) - I dunno if i'm craving them because i'm hungry or because i know they are there and are lovely :confused: Will have to ponder over that.

Oh Oh i would also like to ask opinions on something from you lovely people. Bascially if i go out and have a meal or many syns in one day then i try to do syn free to minimize the damage. But i know other's just draw a line and have syns as normal. So i was wondering what you guys thought - Which one is better?

To have syn free days or keep having syns but limit them i.e. 5 syns a day? Xx

Sum, I have quite strong feelings on this one (but obviously this only applies to me because we're all different). I draw a line under it. If I try to go too low on my syns to compensate, I end up craving stuff and feeling deprived and therefore MUCH more likely to go wildly off plan. I have found that if I just get back on the plan and carry on as usual, I'm much more likely to stick to it. However, I fully accept that we are all different. This is just my way.

Big hugs and good luck for this week.

Gail x

Hi Sum,

Sorry to hear you've not had a good weekend SW-wise. Sometimes these things happen and you just have to draw a line under it and carry on.

I generally try to have low-syn days to make up for it and keep within the weekly 105 syn limit - but, as Gail said, if that led to me feeling deprived, I would use my syns as normal.

Good luck for WI tomorrow! x

Thank you guys for the lovely comments! Your adivce means alot to me and is very helpful. Right today i am back on plan no more tweaking or having bad foods as WI in on tuesday (and i feel so fat at the mo :rolleyes:) and i want to minimise some of the damage i have done over the last few days. So you all have the permission to kick me up the bum if i need it :asskick::whoopass:Xx

Well done for deciding to get back on it Sum. I noticed you have either very low syn or no syn days so I think may be you need to up your syns a little so you don't feel deprived and end up binging. I ensure I plan to have a dessert after dinner so I have something to look forward to and the helps me keep in line. I can't promise you a kick in case it chips my pedicure but I'll send you a asian drama style tishhhhhhhhhhhhh if I see you misbehaving lol! xx

lol thank you very much Lady A! I've incoporated some dessert into my menu today :p Oh it had to be syn free though as i had ben and jerry's cookie dough last night and dread to think the syn amount in that :rolleyes:

I've had a good day and i am back on plan (finally) :D My family inhale the chickpea loaf lol Its the second time i've made it but it was gone within 5 minutes - so i'm thinking that its a family favourite lol. I did make and eat the salmon pasta however i didn't enjoy it too much so won't be making it again. Ummmm no idea what i'm going to cook tomorrow as i didn't make my food plan for this week on tuesday so will just have to see what i have in the fridge.

Green Day:

Breakfast: Weetabix Cruncy Bran (HEB) with Onken FF vanilla yougurt, blueberries, banana and grapes and 4 strawberries

Lunch: Chickpea dahl loaf with homemade Mint chutney

Dinner: Salmon pasta (HEA and HEB)

Dessert: Strawberries with FF fromage frais and a warm glass of milk (Part HEA)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), 2 x Apple, 2 x Orange, Pineapple, Pear

Syns:
None :D Xx

haha sure - but you'll never get a chance to use those boots (yet) ;) :p

Hey Sum! I'm having a green day too as I'm finding it difficult to eat fruit at the moment. Please can you shove me in the direction of that Chickpea dhaal loaf recipe that your family is loving. Ps do you have to used tinned dhaal? xx

Oh Sum, you are doing SO well.
Hello 100% days, I'd forgotten about them!
Going to give them a bit of welly for the next two weeks and then back on to slimming world for me (hopefully)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Good luck for another 100% day today - you'll do it :bunnydance: x

Awww so sweet! Thanks Ela ine - and we're always happy to have you back at SW :D Good luck with SF for the time being too Xx

I am feeling so ill since yesterday :( - have stuck to plan but not eaten too much. Couldn't sleep last night either - Went to bed at 11pm thinking i'd get an early night. Didn't get to sleep till 1am, Woke up at 4am then again at 5am and again at 6am and again at 6.30 lol thats when i gave up on sleeping and just listened to my Ipod as i had nothing better to do :rolleyes: Star week has also decided to start today and its WI tonight aswell :sigh:

Hope everyone else is having a good day/week though Xx

Thanks 10st10lbs I do feel better and the chickpea Dahl is with the tinned meat in ASDA - find the asda tinned meatballs and the Dahl is right next to that X

Quick update as we have guests over - I only put on 1lb which I'm happy about as I had off plan days this week and star week started today lol so I'm happy :D Xx

My food diary from yesterday - Had a good day but ate didn't have time to eat too much as we were cleaning the house and cooking for guests. I also really late because we had guests over and they came over late. I am reseting my syns counter from today but will try for low syn days as my birthday is on monday and mums already said that i have to eat what she cooks for me lol. That means really really nice food for me that may not be so SW friendly :rolleyes: So low syns days for me then lol

Green day:

Breakfast: Weetabix Cruncy Bran (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA), blueberries and strawberries

Lunch: Melon

Dinner: Baked beans and pasta and some salad

Dessert: Nothing

Snacks: Tea x 3 (HEA), Orange, Apple, Grapes

Syns:
None :D

I had a good day today which was busy as i've sorted out my SW magazine and paper recipes in plans and then alphabetical order (OCD i know lol). The cola float dessert was ok - am unsure if i would have it again ummm.

Anyways just a quick update as Bones is on and its an intresting episode today lol

Green Day:

Breakfast: Chocolate Weetabix (HEB) with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA), blueberries and strawberries

Lunch: Fruit salad

Dinner: Quorn meatballs with Spaghetti

Dessert: Cola Float (From the new mag)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Apple, Pear, Shape FF yogurt

Syns:
Chocolate Weetabix (2 syns)
Walls Light SS ice cream (3 ½ syns)

Ooohh Bones is back >>>>

Cola float as in diet coke and ice cream?
Am I just dreaming here.. eep!
Almost bought a slimfast mag from the garage last night but refrained as I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back from all the FOOD! hahah
Have a great day lovely xx

Thanks Ela ine and yeah thats the one. Though my diet coke was either flat or i don't like the taste of the ice cream in it. lol basically i didn't think that it tasted nice which is why i don't know if i would have it again lol

I've had a good 100% day today but haven't done much :p Am enjoying my holidays by reading and lurking on minimins :rolleyes: Need to go shopping tomorrow as we are seriously running low on fruit lol

Green Day:

Breakfast: 2 400g Hovis toast (HEB) with poached eggs and a banana

Lunch: Pot Noodle Pot shot thingie and a Shape FF yogurt

Dinner: Lentils with rice

Dessert: Alpen Light Bar (HEB) with FF fromage frais and bluerries

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Apple, Pear, 2 x Oranges,

Syns:
Mikado (1 syn)
Asian sweet (5 syns)

lol didn't get time to update my diary yesterday as i was busy giving loads of lifts to relatives (extended family :rolleyes:). I really don't know how everyone managed to do anything when i didn't pass my driving test and have a car lol. Ahhh well atleast i had a 100% day yesterday :D

Won't be able to update my diary tonight as me and my cousins are having henna done on our hands for my birthday lol (I know my birthday is on monday but we couldn't get another appointment lol) But i promise you all that i will have a 100% day (If i can figure out how to eat without using my hands :p lol) :D

Yesterday - Green Day:

Breakfast: Weetabix Crunchy Bran (HEB) a banana

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans

Dinner: Stirfry with egg noddles

Dessert: Butterscotch Hi Fi bar(part HEB)

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), 2 x Apple, Pear, 2 x Oranges,Butterscotch Hi Fi bar(part HEB)

Syns:
Biscuit (3 1/2 syns)
Mikado (1 syn)

Hope everyone has a good weekend Xx

Back