Sum's Diary

My favourite book of all time, EVER, is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger... I love it so much that it doesn't even annoy me that 'traveller' is spelt American-ly! I must have read it near enough 20 times, would be hitting 50 by now if my cousin gave it back... He borrowed it at the beginning of first year and it's now the end of second year :( I have asked for it but he says he'll only give it back after reading :sigh: I'll have to sneak it out of his room one day!

Other faves are White Teeth by Zadie Smith, Pride & Prejudice, and Persuasion :)

xxx

I've read a book by zadie smithy.. Some beauty or another- didn't like it so didn't buy any other of her books..

hahaha that book does not sound good/intresting at all roziee. lol i suck at summarising books but The northern lights is about a girl called lyra who sets off to look for her friend Roger who has disappeared. It includes a magic compass, very cool amored polar bears and each person has their own daemon which is very cool too.

The offical blurb for the book from amazon is "Lyra Belaqua is content to run wild among the scholars of Jordan College, with her daemon Pantalaimon always by her side. But the arrival of her fearsome uncle, Lord Asriel, draws her to the heart of a terrible struggle—a struggle born of Gobblers and stolen children, witch clans and armored bears. And as she hurtles toward danger in the cold, far North, young Lyra never suspects the shocking truth: She alone is destined to win, or to lose, this more-than-mortal battle" - I would highly recommned the book!

Plus smartie you know i was reading the menu for your benifit :p Can't take you out for a birthday meal without dessert now can i lol Atleast i was looking at the calories in all the desserts so we can make the most informed decision :p

10st 10lbs i have downloaded Pride & Prejudice to read afterwards on my kindle as it was a free book on amazon :p Ooh i think i may have to read The Time Traveler's Wife then if you love it that much :D - i haven't seen the film of it but apparently the film wasn't too good? Will definatly have to check the book out though :D Xx

I've read a book by zadie smithy.. Some beauty or another- didn't like it so didn't buy any other of her books..

lol you can sample books before buying them on amazon so you don't end up paying for crap ones (in theory) :p I don't think i've ever heard of zadie smithy though. Off to check her out using my trusted friend Mr.Google >> :D

Sum said:
hahaha that book does not sound good/intresting at all roziee. lol i suck at summarising books but The northern lights is about a girl called lyra who sets off to look for her friend Roger who has disappeared. It includes a magic compass, very cool amored polar bears and each person has their own daemon which is very cool too.

The offical blurb for the book from amazon is "Lyra Belaqua is content to run wild among the scholars of Jordan College, with her daemon Pantalaimon always by her side. But the arrival of her fearsome uncle, Lord Asriel, draws her to the heart of a terrible struggle—a struggle born of Gobblers and stolen children, witch clans and armored bears. And as she hurtles toward danger in the cold, far North, young Lyra never suspects the shocking truth: She alone is destined to win, or to lose, this more-than-mortal battle" - I would highly recommned the book!

Plus smartie you know i was reading the menu for your benifit :p Can't take you out for a birthday meal without dessert now can i lol Atleast i was looking at the calories in all the desserts so we can make the most informed decision :p

10st 10lbs i have downloaded Pride & Prejudice to read afterwards on my kindle as it was a free book on amazon :p Ooh i think i may have to read The Time Traveler's Wife then if you love it that much :D - i haven't seen the film of it but apparently the film wasn't too good? Will definatly have to check the book out though :D Xx

Oh yes this is where they made a film Haina? With Daniel Craig?

Oh yes this is where they made a film Haina? With Daniel Craig?

Yep roziee thats the one though the film kept the american name of the book and was a poor representation of the book in my opinion so i tend to for get about it :rolleyes:. The books is amazing :D I dunno why most films based on books don't do the book true justice? One of my other favourite books is Eragon by christopher paolini but the film made based on that book was awful aswell while the book is quite simply amazing lol Xx

Sum said:
Yep roziee thats the one though the film kept the american name of the book and was a poor representation of the book in my opinion so i tend to for get about it :rolleyes:. The books is amazing :D I dunno why most films based on books don't do the book true justice? One of my other favourite books is Eragon by christopher paolini but the film made based on that book was awful aswell while the book is quite simply amazing lol Xx

It's always the case isn't it thou? Have you read the Steiger larson books yet? The girl with the dragon tattoo. Amazing books. The films were a good representation actually.

The kite runner is a really good book too.

No roziee i haven't read that yet but Amazon do a 'free' sample of some of the pages so i may have to check that out :D Lol thanks for the reccomendations - My to read list is now growing :D

My personal favourite books are Inheritance cycle Series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) by Christopher Paolini - we're waiting on the 4th book in the series to be released

His dark materials (The northern lights, The subtle knife and The amber spyglass) by philip pullman

Twilight series (Yes i have read this and Yes i do like it :rolleyes: - jacob is amazing people :p)

The Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare. There has been a 4th book in the series released called City of Fallen Angels but i haven't read that yet.

Darkest Power series (The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning) by Kelley Armstrong

lol Those are all the books that i remember at the moment that i like. lol can you tell that i love fantasy books? Yep i do read the YA fantasy books but in my defense they are good :p Xx

Hi Sum

Sorry for neglecting your thread....BIG BIG Mubarak for your first Hun you should be so proud mashaAllah. Hope you get back on the wagon soonish...have a fab weekend. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I absolutely love Time Travellers wife too and the Kite Runner - 2 of my all time favourite books. I read Time Travellers Wife quite late because I kept thinking I wouldn't like it but it was amazing. I have only read the first 2 Northern Lights Phillip Pullman books so must go back and read the first 2 again so that I can finish the 3rd. I haven't read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo although I have those at home in my enormous pile of 'to read' books. I also loved 'the 5 people you meet in Heaven' (or something like that). Lovely Bones was also quite good.

I try not to go and see films now of books that I have read or want to read because they are just never as good.

Glad to see you're planning to get back on track Sum. I have a few days left and then back on track for me too. Actually quite looking forward to it now :)

Gail x

oooh that audrey niffenger (or whatever it is) wrote another amazing one....it's called "Her Fearful Symmetry"...I can't even remember what happened now I'm trying to remember it, but it's amazing...

And I am too a member of the Kindle brigade :) god bless it!!!!

Thanks for the book recommendations guys :D Gail you have to re read his dark materials as its just amazing!

As promised i am back on track from today and to try and limit my damage i thought i'd try no syns/low syns days and so i can happily report a 100% on paln syn free day :D Will see how long i can last following no syns/low syns. Mmmm My dinner tonight was soo lovely i could eat it all over again lol

Green Day:

Breakfast: 2 400g Hovis toast (HEB) with baked beans and egg

Lunch: Melon and Morrions eat smart Summer fruits yogurt

Dinner: Quorn peppered steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion gravy and mash

Dessert: lol Can’t deal with eating anything with syns cos it would just spiral out of control

Snacks: Tea x 3 (part HEA), Apple, Banana, Orange, Sharon Fruit, Pear

Syns:

Xx

Mmmm SumSum....I've already had my dinner but yours is still making me drool (imagine my laal tupking I haven't worked out how to use the emoticons on here yet lol!) Xx

hahaha thanks roziee and Lady A i'm glad you like the look of my dinner as it was amazing.

Ok i put on 2.5lbs today at WI so me and my friend Smartie have taken the plunge and asked to do the plan which cannot be named :rolleyes: So i won't be updating my diary too much as i can't discuss the plan and what i'm eating on here but i may report if its been a good/bad or starving day lol Xx

Sum said:
hahaha thanks roziee and Lady A i'm glad you like the look of my dinner as it was amazing.

Ok i put on 2.5lbs today at WI so me and my friend Smartie have taken the plunge and asked to do the plan which cannot be named :rolleyes: So i won't be updating my diary too much as i can't discuss the plan and what i'm eating on here but i may report if its been a good/bad or starving day lol Xx

Good luck to you & Smartie. Don't go starvin marvin on us though Sum. Why don't you start from the beginning again or replace one meal with a yum free soup instead? I don't know the ins n outs of the plan you're following so may be jumping to conclusions for no reason lol!

Oh I'm hopefully gonna start shredding from Monday cos my booty is a size & a half bigger than the rest of me & shopping ain't fun which doesn't sound right coming from me :D i can't believe people pay for butt implants :confused: I wonder where they clothes shop? Why don't you join me shredding? It may help too :) Xx

hahaha! About the butt implants thing - you know i never though of it it like that. How odd lol Hopefully shredding will help you with that then and then you can go and shop to your hearts content :D Thank you so much for the advice and offer and i think i shall take you up on the offer. I am attending Aerobics tomorrow but will do shredding over the next few days and hopefully it will help with my 'problem areas' :D I'm going to try the other plan just so i can truley appriciate how unresticted SW actually is and get my mojo back - Thankies for your support Lady A, it means alot Xx

P.s. If the other plan don't work i'm going to use your advice cos it sounds good :D

Sum said:
hahaha! About the butt implants thing - you know i never though of it it like that. How odd lol Hopefully shredding will help you with that then and then you can go and shop to your hearts content :D Thank you so much for the advice and offer and i think i shall take you up on the offer. I am attending Aerobics tomorrow but will do shredding over the next few days and hopefully it will help with my 'problem areas' :D I'm going to try the other plan just so i can truley appriciate how unresticted SW actually is and get my mojo back - Thankies for your support Lady A, it means alot Xx

P.s. If the other plan don't work i'm going to use your advice cos it sounds good :D

Good luck hunny....I'm sure I'll be bugging you for info when you report your fab losses inshallah. May be you do just need to shake things up to get losing again. I wish I could start shredding now but I don't wanna be sore for the weekend plus I haven't got the time nor the patience to go dress shopping again. I will defo be reporting to you after shredding on Monday...Xx

Back