Sunday Lunch Favourites

Sandrah78

Silver Member
What do you have for Sunday lunch? Traditional roast or something different? I've started having Salmon and roasted veg on Sunday, it feels like a real treat. Today I thought I would add some extra light Garlic and Herb soft cheese for just 2 sys for 28g/1oz.

Mmm, I've got some honey so might give that a whirl too. I'm feeling very adventurous today.

We don't usually have a full roast dinner, infact today we are having Sausage (Morrisons eat smart)and tomato butties. All free food and a Healthy Extra B for the bread, feels naughty and i can't believe i can have it on Slimming World.

We have either a rush around doing loads of things day on a Sunday or a lazy do nothing day and today is the latter, hence the butties!

Last edited:
I'm having a lazy day too. I'm not even dressed yet! I enjoy cooking and there's very little to do with the salmon and veggies apart from the preparation. Which means I can spend most of the day on here!

I've got some salmon in the freezer that has been there for months, i don't have a clue what to do with it. How do you cook yours?

I find that if I wrap it in tin foil sprayed with a little frylight and then pop it in a preheated oven for 20-25 mins it comes out beautiful. You could always add lemon juice before you wrap it up or garlic but I like mine without any axtras.

Thanks that's great, i have never had it before and to be honest it had totally baffled me. I can cook, but i normally stay away from new stuff, i don't even know if i like it.

Garlic is a great idea though, thanks, will try that!
Another silly question, what veg goes nice with it?

No probs. I like roasted veg with mine and I use an onion, tomatoes, bit of garlic, mushrooms and a red and an orange pepper. I eat the whole lot myself too.
As skinny mentioned earlier she adds honey to her veggies which I'm going to try today.

Lol, i thought I'd give it a go. Let me know how you get on.

I can't wait! Got to start planning tomorrows meals soon.

my favourite sunday dinner is a vegetarian christmas roast dinner! my fella loves it so much he requests it about once a fortnight and he's a full on meat lover. we have:

quorn fillet or sainsburys chicken style kiev (5 - 7.5 sins each depending which one)
asda smartprice stuffing (1.5 sins per 28g dried :) )
roast new potatoes (roasted in veg stock (1 sin for the stock cube divided between however many people eating))
carrots
brocolli
sprouts
cranberry sauce (1.5 sins per level tbsp)

my dinner usually comes to around 11 sins but i love it so much it's definately worth it

Gotta hand it to you Skinny, the honey made the roast veg even better! Fantastic, I probably won't have roasted veg without it. As for the extra light soft cheese, sadly that was a bit of a let down, a bit bitter for my liking.

Back