Sunday Lunch

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I think I've posted about this before, but I'm still not sure what to do.

Every weekend I stay at my boyfriend's, and every sunday his mum cooks a sunday lunch. It wouldn't worry me too much except I know how much oil and stuff she uses for potatoes and gravy and stuff, and I know we're allowed to flexi syn, but once a week seems like a lot, and I don't want to ruin my good work.

The thing is, I don't feel like I can go to her and ask her to change the menu, as I'm grateful she includes me in her family, and she even made everyone switch to veggie gravy for me.
On the same note, I don't want to refuse to eat it, because I don't want to insult her. My boyfriend told her 2 weeks ago that I'm on a diet but it seems to have been forgotten.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how much this is going to affect my weight loss.

why don't you just eat everything except the roast potatoes? ...or even cut the potatoes and scrape the fluffy part out and mash in with the gravy, then leave outer part alone! ...no-one will notice then :D

If you flexi syn then it shouldnt really be a problem. If oyu dont know how many syns to count roughly then just put aside say 30 syns for that day then share the rest of the weeks syns out between the other 6 days of the week.

I have the same problem but my mil cooks aunt bessies!!
I have asked her in the past to just give me chicken instead of chicken beef lamb and pork and also just two potatoes... i just pretend i am full up and then go home and have had some pasta lol.
x

It worked out in the end, she decided the she needed to go on a diet, so we had a "salad" for lunch. I had boiled eggs and mashed potatoes (although I know there was butter in it.) I told my boyfriend to recommend slimming world to her.

Back