Sunday

Hules

Silver Member
Heh heh, I'm still up so thought I'd start Sunday's check in :) been out dancing, though must admit to feeling a bit old and left before midnight like Cinderella! Jamie's was decidedly average, but the measly portion I had and the fact that I didn't like the polenta chips meant I think it went okay points wise.

Having a lie in and a lazy day tomorrow - yum!

Oh no, that's rubbish that Jamie's wasn't what it cracked up to be! I'm at home after a long day at work, and haven't enjoyed the sunshine. There isn't any decent food in the flat either, which is bad news cuz I'll end up finding some crap to eat. How has your day been, Hules?

My day's been lovely, I have enjoyed just chilling at home. Its really grotty that you had to work hun!

Right lady, I think you need to do some food planning and work out what meals you're going too have this week. You need some healthy stuff in! Saying that, I really need to do that too. As I've not done it properly for a couple of weeks and I didn't do a full shop this week either as I was do busy at work. I might do it this evening. What have you got in? We could work something out?

I had a salady bits lunch which was lovely but quite expensive points wise so I've got to go easy for tea. Might defrost some soup.

You're right, I can't do this properly if I'm not prepared! I've got pasta, I think that's about as much as I have! Milk, buttery spread, mozzarella... I don't have a freezer cuz it's just a tiny flat, I only have a little box in the fridge, which fits naff all in when it's not defrosting! My boyfriend works on an animal farm and is gone for work most days, between half five and half eight, so we never get to do shopping together. I don't have the strength to carry shopping on my own! I love salads, but mine are always high in points, making them extra tasty!

Sounds like a kind of carbonara to me. Any ham or bacon or anything (if you're not a veggie)? How many points do you have left?

Can you not order online for Tescos or similar? I do that often - I know you have to pay for delivery, but you wouldn't have to carry it and I always make much better choices when I do. I also lurrrve the fact that someone has shopped for me and I don't have to do it!

What goes in your salads to bump up your points?

I'm chuffed with myself. I only had 3.5 points left for tea so had a small jack pot (2), 1 points worth of tuna mayo, homemade coleslaw from lunch (0.5), red pepper and a humongous(sp?) mound of lettuce with balsamic vinegar. It was really nice. I'm going to brush my teeth now to stop me going over points. Quite pleased :).

Anyone else about? x

It looks like it's always us, Hules! In my salads I like dressing, not a lot, but I tend to like the creamy ones. So I can add around three points just in a drizzle. I haven't tried balsamic though! I've seen frylight balsamic vinegar dressing, just to spray on, maybe I can try that out. I'm a veggie too, so I also find that veggie options are just a tad higher in points than meaty, though Quorn has come a long way since the last time I dieted! You can still make a pretty good 'meaty' type meal!

I opted for the carbonara thing tonight on your recommendation! I had 8 points left, so I had 4 points of pasta, 1 for milk, 1 for flour, and 2 for mozzarella. I don't have enough space to warrant an online shop like that, I have two cupboards I can fill with food, and a dodgy fridge, so I really can't justify spending a fiver having a few carrier bags delivered :D I think I'll see if the man wants to go one night after work, even though he'll be knackered. At least we can get some decent stuff in! I have slim fast shakes for breakfast though, as if I start eating early, I feel hungry early. I blend them up with ice so they aren't too bad at all. Only 3 points, or 3.5, depending on the flavour, and they feel a bit naughty, with all the ice added, making it seem creamier.

It does seem very quiet at the mo doesn't it!? I thought for a bit that it was going to get a bit busier, but there's not many people around again (though probably due to the weather this weekend). I am glad to have you to talk to, I struggle if I can't talk about what I'm doing/thinking - I need like-minded people.

I do like a good pasta :) and I agree about the quorn, it used to just be sausages, the chicken style pieces and the mince (which my hubby refuses to eat - though I don't mind any of them) and now there are loads of options. I like the flavoured fillet things. I get you now about the cupboard space, sounds like our first flat! Okay, so what about you doing the food shop and your fella meeting you there just in time to help you carry the bags home, it won't mean him having to traipse around the shop then when pooped!?

As for the salads I like some of the lower point creamy ones, not all, but some are okay. I love the pizza express light Caesar, that's yum! Load up on the freebies I don't think 3 points on a dressing is too bad. What flavours do you like?

I'm the same, Hules. I sit about a lot on my own at home, and I'm a bugger for boredom eating. If I sleep in til like, ten, I don't overeat so much. I'm trying to get my arse to the gym though, and I know I have to go early or I won't go at all. I just don't have any motivation on my own, even though I really try to work it up and tell myself I'm not only wasting hundreds of pounds by not going, but I'm stopping myself getting to the weight I want.

I love pasta, I like having a couple of points worth of pasta or potato with a salad too. I like creamy herb and garlic, I can't remember the brand, but they have a few types. I have been also using Sainsbury's low fat caeser dressing for a bit of tang, without the points. I like a ton of lettucey things, some cucumber, sweetcorn, something meaty, and a bit of carb.

I might do that with the shopping thing, I don't know why I never thought of that at all! He wouldn't bother putting any input in anyway, he just does as he's told since I do all the cooking. :D That's another issue, actually; if he's not getting in until half eight I'm not eating until at least nine or half nine. I might have to make dinner and leave his in the oven/microwave. I can't keep eating so late! I could also maybe have a shake for dinner and a bowl of 0p veggies at around 6 or whatever time, and then have a larger lunch.

I think eating earlier is a good idea, if I always waited for my hubby I know I'd end up binging on low point junk. He's pretty good though and often cooks. He knows to point it too, I've been training him for years :D

I can't afford gym membership, I don't really like it anyway, and I struggled to find exercise classes to fit in with work and all the kids activities so I started running. Totally shocked myself that I could actually do it and it's a good/hard workout, but I've no excuses not to go, I just put on my running shoes and I'm off, plus it's free! Works for me anyway.

I wanted to, but I prefer to see the amount of calories burned and what have you, it helps me see things better. Also, if I was just running around I'd get bored and just come home! I haven't had time to go gym, with uni, I had visions of going really early, but it doesn't open early enough for it to be worth it. I'm also knackered after I get home, so it never really worked out. I'm thinking if I can't get a hang of the gym this summer, I'm going to cancel the gym and try and get on something different, or at least something cheaper.

Ha ha :). Boredom is my problem with exercise too and the reason I don't like the gym or especially swimming. I can splash around with my kids but laps does my head in.

Running I followed the c25k programme which is fun and the interval nature of it makes time go quickly, and I now listen to a zombie podcast which is great fun.I look forward to the next episode. I'm not bothered about calories etc as I don't use any of my exercise points anyway.

What else could you do? Do you like stuff like zumba? Or boxercise? Have you a wii or something similar? Even doing something like just dance can give you a good work out.

I love Zumba and boxercise. There are a couple of classes at my local gym. My weight is what stops me; I feel so self conscious doing anything so I don't bother going. I know I would lose weight if I went, but in my head I always tell myself when I'm slimmer I'll go. I don't have any games consoles, but there's not a lot I can do at home cuz I live in a flat-converted Victorian house on the first floor, and you literally hear everything from the other flats. I can't be crashing around! I have been putting off going to the gym for 8 months too long. I wanted to be up early to do it, but since I'm doing nothing else today, I might just have one last coffee and get my arse there. I wanted to be a stone lighter before I go back to uni in September, but all of June I did nothing, so I'll be lucky to get that. I put on all my weight so quickly, I'd love to have it all, or most of it, off before my prom next year.

I heard a Chinese proverb today, "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time is now." And I realised, while I should have been given the opportunity to not be a fat kid, there really is no time like the present to just do this.

I heard a Chinese proverb today, "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time is now." And I realised, while I should have been given the opportunity to not be a fat kid, there really is no time like the present to just do this.

Absolutely! If I'd started a yea ago, I'd be slim by now, but I didn't and I'm doing something about it now! As are you hun! We need to get on and do it! I think you could easily lose a stone if not more by September! It's 8 weeks until the beginning of September and 2lbs a week will give you 16lbs! Plus if you really stick to points, get out and exercise and plan your meals so that you can avoid the chips I reckon you could do more than that! I've lost 7.5lbs in my first two weeks! As for being self conscious, I honestly think no-one cares about how you look but you, most people will think it's great that you are doing something to get fitter, and if they don't they are shallow and aren't worth bothering about anyway!

Did you go?? :D

You wouldn't believe this, Hules. I got dressed, sorted out my gym bag, got my suncream on for the walk... And I couldn't find my house keys. I kid you not, I was soooo annoyed! I even had a massive tidy and still couldn't find them. I'll have another look tonight cuz they have to be about, of course, and I'm going to go tomorrow, no excuses! I'm really looking forward to it too, you've really been so motivational!

Aww no! I do that all the time, I've had to put a big fluffy leopard fob on mine to stop me losing them (and to tell them apart from my hubby's - kept taking them to work with me!).

I'm really looking forward to it too, you've really been so motivational!
Purely selfishly honey, I need a buddy :Dx So, gym tomorrow!! x

Last edited:
Well, if your selfish is my gain... Hell yeah, let's all get selfish. :p

I found my keys in the end, they were under a cushion on the sofa! :D

Back