Super Speed Food Challenge Soup

hello ladies! just a quick question! if u use dry lentils do u have to cook them first and then add them to the mix?

thanks in advance!

xxxxxx

if u use dry lentils do u have to cook them first and then add them to the mix?

You don't have to do anything with red lentils (just chuck 'em in dry); green lentils you have to soak-maybe even precook(?) but certainly soak, and to the best of my knowledge most other lentils are the same.

Shame. I love lentils, but that's too much hassle! lol I just use tinned ones. Not quite as cheap, but much easier.

hth

Is this similar to the cabbage soup diet? :)

No, absolutely not! :D

All it is, is this soup uses tons of 'super speed' ingredients, which are ingredients we are encouraged to eat lots of, espcially if out weightloss has slowed down a bit.

Sliming World is nothing like a faddy diet, and is a doddle to *live* on, for *life*.

You don't have to do anything with red lentils (just chuck 'em in dry); green lentils you have to soak-maybe even precook(?) but certainly soak, and to the best of my knowledge most other lentils are the same.

Shame. I love lentils, but that's too much hassle! lol I just use tinned ones. Not quite as cheap, but much easier.

hth

thanks hun!

i made this today! i dont like many of the ingredients but it tasted alright when i blitz the lot down!

have u had good results with this?

xxxxxxxxx

I think I lost a whole half pound the following week! lol
Don't go by my result though, I've been on a plateau(sp) for a while now.
xx

Well I've only had one bowl an I'm dreading eating the other 11 in the fridge/freezer lol xx

Hi guys, just wondered if this would work if you used other vegetables. I pretty much have none of the ingredients listed and I'm a skint student :(/

I am planning to try it with:
onions,
mushrooms,
spring onions,
tomatoes,
broccoli,
carrots,
chickpeas,
bakes beans,
peppers,
sweetcorn
and celery.

Does this sound like a gross mix? All the veg I'm putting in is at least S. Hmmm.

Well I've only had one bowl an I'm dreading eating the other 11 in the fridge/freezer lol xx

Try jazzing up your next lot by adding some paprika to it, or chilli flakes, apparently chilli helps you burn more calories.
also if it's thick add water or preferably stock.
If it's too sweet and the ingredients look like they may be add a sprinkle of vinegar.

This sounds like a great idea, but I'm really not keen on the idea of putting beans in there, partly because I'm allergic to some of the beans in tinned bean salad. Would it have the same effect if I bulked it out with other SS veg instead?

Hey hun, i think you could probably get away with putting what ever you want in it that SS!

Try to get a few pulses/sweetcorn/beans (that your not allergic to) in it tho as it helps with digestion!! lol

xx

I really don't 'do' veg but can eat this when it's blitzed down smooth :) I also add chilli sometimes or hot pepper sauce or worcestershire sauce just to give it a bit of a kick! Having looked around a few sites it seems you can also leave it chunkier and use it as a pasta sauce which gives a bit more variety if you're struggling eating it! :p

oo i might give this a go ive never tried super speed soups yet!! they dont sound nice but hey if it helps speed it up its worth ago!!x

I made this and have had it for last 2 lunches. Is surprisingly filling and the baked beans really made it for me! They make it nice and sweet and thick when blended. Helped me maintain this week, when I was expecting a gain. Now got enough left for next couple if days and hopefully will mean a good loss next week.

lol @ lesley..it is surprisely yummy. Now when I was making I was abit hhhmmm, don't know about that but once it's all blended down it's fine.

Back