Super Speed Food Challenge Soup

I have to admit that i prefer mine blended to. When i made it i blended half and kept half lumpy so that i could mix it up and stop it getting monotanous (sp?)

Well done on the loss for you and hubby!!

wow thats great - i havnt got a blender and hateee veg so ill wait til i can get a blender b4 i do this!

Zoe I don't have a proper 'posh' blender :p I just use one of those stick ones for the soup! You can get them at Asda at the moment for about £4.20 :D

Zoe I don't have a proper 'posh' blender :p I just use one of those stick ones for the soup! You can get them at Asda at the moment for about £4.20 :D

That's what I use as well. I couldn't be bothered to blend the whole lot in one go either and divided it up into servings, froze them and defrosted and blended them as and when I fancied it. I am the great procrastinator, never do today what you can possibly postpone til tomorrow! :D

I am still to try this soup, I think I will try and remember the ingredients on Monday, when I go shopping.

oo yes a handblender is a good idea! ive got a baby mini lindam one lol! :/ I mite do half the ingredients then - how long do i have to simmer it for?xx

well its in slow cooker atm and smells rank! I hate alot of veggies so im gona blend it up and home it tastes okay :/ x

i put worcester sauce in and mixed herbs and chilli powder and it just smelt horrid - i hate veggies anyway really - most of em anyway and i juts couldnt put up with the smell - i couldnt even leave it to cook it try it as it was stinking the house out really really bad lol x

I've just made this soup and it is gorgeous!! I've just eaten some for breakfast!!! I didn't have all the ingredients so I just made it up as I went along!! I used:
2 parsnips
1 green pepper
1 large onion
A few broccoli florets
1 can of baked beans
1 tin of mushrooms
A bit of chilli
Half a can of tomatoes

It really is lovely!!

I make variations of this all the time!! Its nice to mix it up a bit!

Yours sounds lovely, i had some of a blended vegetable one which i made on sunday for breakfast this morning, its so lovely to start the day with something all warm!! xx

:eek: I'm not sure I could manage it for breakfast but each to their own! lol Mind you I'm hooked on couscous with sultanas and mullerlite for my brekkie.........and for lunch sometimes...........and one night I even had it when i got home from work as well because I couldn't be bothered making anything else! Those are the days I don't complete my diary......... ;)

get some of this made folks, its luvly jubbly. leave it chunky and slow cooker, fridge in containers for work wotever, yum yum spot on.

I think I am going to go into town and get the ingredients for this today. I don't like half of them but we shall see how it goes xx

when i first did this i tasted and thought ummmm its okay. But a night in the fridge and warmed back up in the microwave has made all the difference for me anyways.

Back