Super Speed Foods

Jael said:
It's like this:
Superfree is food to fill up on, very healthy, that will not encourage you to put weight on. It's basically fruit and veg, minus avocados and starchy veg, like potatoes

Speed foods are foods that actively encourage weight loss, due to some properties in the food. Superspeed are the top end of this. For example, some fruit/veg, like strawberries, take more calories to burn up than they contain. So you end up in negative calories! Other foods have high fibre content, that aids weight loss by assisting your gastrointestinal tract and by making it more difficult for your body to absorb calories from food. An example would be baked beans. Still others have low fat but high protein content, proven to fill you up for longer and thus reduce amount of food consumed. An example would be chicken.

Some foods fall into both categories, I.e strawberries, which is fab! You can eat loads of them AND they assist weight loss! Cool! You can't just scoff down shed loads of speed foods that aren't also superfree though. Although a portion or so of chicken will aid weight loss, it still has a much higher calorie content than berries, and if you chow it down all day, you're not going to lose any weight.

Hope that helps and doesn't make me sound too nerdy!

Thank you!!! That's brilliant and remember embrace your inner nerd!!

week 1 : -3
week 2 : -3
week 3 : same
week 4: -1.5
week 5: sick
week 6: -0.5
week 7: didnt go
week 8: didnt go
week 9: didnt go
week 10: rejoin + 5
week 11: -4.5
week 12: same

Wow Jael! Thank you so much! I have been trying to figure it out all week and it's actually quite simple now you've explained it; I'm slightly annoyed that my consultant hasn't done this though as I am sure there are loads of others in group who would benefit from this info!

Thanks again Jael, and I agree with ktp; embrace that inner nerd!

Here is a list of superspeed foods!

Pete’s Super Speed Foods

Fruit

Babaco
Bilberries
Blackberries
Blackcurrants
Boysenberries
Cranberries
Gooseberries
Grapefruit
Guava