Superfree superspeedy superspicy tomato super soup

tinsel 81 i am going shopping today so will buy the ingredients to this soup as i had ONE of those days yesterday the sort where you just eat for the sake of it so now i am thinking oh my god how greedy did i really need to be , the plan is if i make this up i will lose what i may have failed at yesterday ouch!!!!
so thanx 4 the recipie and hopefully i will lose the weight this wk x

I do a similar one that sits in the fridge Mon- fri for my lunches ,with ryvita or scan bran fom my cereal HEXB dipped in.

1 tin tomatoes ( not cheap are best)
1 celery chopped
1 onion chopped
1 garlic chopped
1 pint veg stock
30 twists black pepper
Salt to taste

Gently fry celery onion garlic in sauté pan

Add tomatoes and stock and seasoning,simmer for up to hour,less if rushed. Blend in blender,store in fridge. It's lovely, and filling and it's always there stopping me stressing over what to grab.

Add basil if have any x

Going to get Kev to do this tomorrow to get us back on plan after Whitby... Thank you for the recipe...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

You can use it as a pasta sauce too...

Yeah - I am keeping it as it is (thick) as then i think its really versatile, pasta sauce, sauce for bolognaise, lasagne or even meat balls etc, and for soup i'll add hot water to thin it down abit as for me its just a tad thick for soup :)

Kev is freezing our leftover for those same purposes... I think its a great stand by to have in... I like my soups thick so it suits me as whatever...

Kev is freezing our leftover for those same purposes... I think its a great stand by to have in... I like my soups thick so it suits me as whatever...

I didn't really think of freezing it - good idea! Worth me making a batch at the weekend just for this purpose, esp as its so versatile & would be handy for those days your short of time!

I've got a big pot of this simmering as we speak, I'll let everyone know what I think as I find you just can't beat Heinz tomato soup, but really need some help to get the pounds moving again :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Do just made this & when I tasted it I didn't find it spicy at all and it had a funny taste, so I added loads of pepper & chilli powder ( couldn't get chilli flakes) then I got my brother to try it & it went down well with him, & definitely has a kick to it! Got enough for 3 lunches next week but might add some pasta to bulk it up a bit

leighxx said:
Do just made this & when I tasted it I didn't find it spicy at all and it had a funny taste, so I added loads of pepper & chilli powder ( couldn't get chilli flakes) then I got my brother to try it & it went down well with him, & definitely has a kick to it! Got enough for 3 lunches next week but might add some pasta to bulk it up a bit

Do just made this should say so just made this :)

Here's my recipe for tomato soup, made it yesterday..........

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Ingredients

400g of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add 300mL of water also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Attachments

• Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 138
Here's my recipe for tomato soup, made it yesterday..........

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Ingredients

400g of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add 300mL of water also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

This is Syn free right? :eek: Sounds yummy..

Tinsel81 said:
My favourite soup recipe. This is free on all plans and a good way to get your 1/3 superfree on EE. The ingredients are all speed ingredients too, so hopefully will help weight loss! On a green day, lentils (speed food), pearl barley or macaroni can be added after blending to bulk it out. Makes a good pasta sauce too.

2 x tins tomatoes (including juice)
2 large onions, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped or crushed
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 jar passata (about 500ml)
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Worcester sauce
Sprinking of chilli flakes (careful, a little bit goes a long way in terms of spiciness!)
Pinch of dried parsley (optional)
Stock cube dissolved in about 300ml boiling water
Salt and pepper

Simply tip all the ingredients into a large pan, boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes until veg is tender, then whizz it up, add seasoning to taste and serve.

If you like a fried/roasted flavour fry the onion, garlic and carrots in a little Fry Light before adding the other ingredients.

Omg! Just tried this. Followed the recipe step by step and it is yummy. Really filling. I maybe overdid it with the chilli but I like it spicy. Def a winter warmer. Thanks for the recipe will be making it again soon! :)

I like to make a spicy tom soup and add a spoonful of 0% greek yog to make it creamy some days too. mm.

Going to try this soup thanks for posting x

Wanted a quick meal before weigh-in so made this, altered my original recipe to suit the ingredients in stock and I think it came out better! ..................

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup-2

Serves 2

Ingredients

400g of chopped tomatoes
400mL stock using a vegetable stock cube
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 piece of celery, finely chopped
1/8 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”
1 tbsp sweetener

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot, sweet pepper & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes to the stock and cook for a few minutes and add a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add seasoning and sweetener to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

Back