Supermarket Free Foods

dreamslim

Silver Member
Ok, so my consultant posted an idea on fb yesterday and it's so good I wanted to share, although I may be slow off the mark. Lol.

Use the slimming world syns online link and type in a supermarket (ie aldi) the in the 'product' section type an area of the store (ie frozen) click the box that says free food only and it'll give you a list of free food ideas. I just discovered salmon with garlic and herb butter is free so I'm off to get that for my tea. :)

As I said, sorry if I'm teaching people to suck eggs but I thought it was brilliantly simple. :)

I think it will only work because the word frozen is included in the product description. It wouldn't work for say, bakery, dairy or canned goods. An alternative is you can put an asterisk in as a wild card and it brings up all products but the search results are limited to a maximum of 30 so it's okay for smaller manufacturers eg Bernard Matthews but not for say Asda because they produce so many products.

You can do frozen, chilled, yogurt, lamb, beef, pork etc. it's good for finding ready meal type things that are free anyway. My C posted that she found a simply cook gammon shank with rosemary and gravy in tesco so I think it would be good for some inspiration at least.

Clever! I'm going to give this a go too- although I cook most of my meals from scratch it would be handy to have a couple of frozen options to stop me straying after a long day.

A guy who goes to my group told us about this a while back, and it is really good, particularly using key words like chicken, beef etc.

ginlin said:
A guy who goes to my group told us about this a while back, and it is really good, particularly using key words like chicken, beef etc.

It's such a simple idea really isn't it??? I can't believe I never realised before. Lol. :)

Back