Supermarket Recommendations

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
Hi All

I thought it would be nice to set up a thread where we can recommend low syn items that we have bought from the supermarket and enjoyed, so that other people can try them. Can this be made into a sticky please?

Please add your favorite supermarket buys so that we can try something new!

I have just tried Iceland Chicken Breasts with Tomato and Basil sauce (2 syns on red and EE for the whole pack) and you can cook it in the microwave!

They were very filling and very nice!

Tesco cheese curls, 10 pack, 14g, 3.5 syns on any plan.

These taste much nicer than Quavers & they're cheaper & they're lower in syns! :D

Iceland BBQ chicken chunks. Only £2 for the box and 2.5 syns(on red) for the whole lot!
I like them served with mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes and a bit of balsamic...YUM:D

Yea they are nice, I have had them before. I like the ready cooked and sliced chicken peices which are free on red too.

Morrisons vegetable chili free on green day and its lovely. xxx

Asda Extra Special lamb shanks in rosemary and garlic - free on red. £7 for 2, a bit pricey but so good. Also Extra SPecial duck legs in orange sauce, again free, £5 for 2.

Asda Extra Special lamb shanks in rosemary and garlic - free on red. £7 for 2, a bit pricey but so good. Also Extra SPecial duck legs in orange sauce, again free, £5 for 2.

I love these and didn't realise they were free - thanks!!!

I know that everyone has tried the Muller Light yoghurts but today I put the vanilla and choc sprinkles one into he freezer for a few hours and it came out like expensive ice cream - took longer to eat as well!

Asda and Aldi cheese curls are both 3.5 syns too.
Iceland Tuna steaks with bbq glaze are free too on a red day !

Asda and Aldi cheese curls are both 3.5 syns too.
quote]

Brilliant! :D I can't keep affording Quavers on my student budget! lol!
will def be getting these next time! :)

I'd like to recommend Lidl's spaghetti hoops. Only 19p a can and they taste fantastic - load of hoops and not too much sauce like you often get in cheap brands. In recent taste test they came out top of all the supermarket own brands as did Lidl baked beans and chopped tomatoes which are only 33p a tin.

I'd like to recommend Lidl's spaghetti hoops. Only 19p a can and they taste fantastic - load of hoops and not too much sauce like you often get in cheap brands. In recent taste test they came out top of all the supermarket own brands as did Lidl baked beans and chopped tomatoes which are only 33p a tin.
Yes I think lots of the tins in Lidl are very good quality....I have tried a few things that have been a bit naff, but in general I have been very impressed....their alcohol is very good too-LOL!!!!

Back