Supermarket Recommendations

This is a great thread - going to ask Mum to bring me over loads of Alpen light bars when she comes to see me! :)

aldi do a kiddies chocolate dessert called choc it. Its only 58 cals, so 3 syns, great for a choccie fix :)

Pasta n sauce 50p!!!

in Asda :D annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Supernoodles and Savoury Rice yum

Finally found the right place for this - phew

:secret::woohoo::banana dancer::bliss:

Last edited:
Hi does anyone know the syn value for Asda's chicken jalfrezi in a tin? I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's 2.5 syns but I can't find it anywhere.

Many thanks.

Edit. I've found it and it's 5 syns. Not worth it.

I have just bought a box of 24 Alpen Light summer fruit bars for £5-00 from Farmfoods. They also had the Chocolate and Fudge bars and I think the Citrus Fruit bars - and only 3 syns a bar if not used as HEX-B
wow thats a great buy thanks for sharing:D

Asda Extra Special lamb shanks in rosemary and garlic - free on red. £7 for 2, a bit pricey but so good. Also Extra SPecial duck legs in orange sauce, again free, £5 for 2.

Heyy sorry to bother you! Is the duck free on the Extra Easy plan do you know? I would eat it til it came out of my ears so verrry excited to see this post!! :eek:

Heyy sorry to bother you! Is the duck free on the Extra Easy plan do you know? I would eat it til it came out of my ears so verrry excited to see this post!! :eek:

Is this the one you mean?

Extra Special Duck Legs in Plum Sauce, 400g pack, chilled, 200g serving
EE - 6 O - 6 G - 22½

If it is then sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I really like Asda Smart Price Chilli Con Carne, its 1 syn for the whole tin on Green and great with rice or pasta or on a jacket potato

Back