Supermarket Recommendations

Mullerlight yogs 4 for a £1 at tescos!!! :D

Tesco Savings on the foods we eat!

Options choc buy 2 for £4! Or the sachets 7 for £1.50!
WW yogs any 2 four packs £2.50!
Alpen light bars 3 for 2!!
I'll add more as I see them...

Does anyone know where you can actually buy the Heinz meat free ravioli? I look in every supermarket and I have never seen it - I think it's an urban myth!!

Asda Extra Special Lamb shanks in garlic and rosemary gravy!!!!!!! Free on red and EE just bung in the microwave for a few minutes, there are 2 sachets in the box and you can freeze them. Yummy! The ones in mint gravy are syns though so be careful which you choose. Hope this helps all the meat lovers

Hi,

Can you tell me how many syns in the rosemary and mint lamb shanks please? Husband bought them by mistake and we had them for dinner. No other syns today so far though>

Help, can't join a class until Thursday and need advice

Hi everyone,

I an new to SW and until I can sign up to my local class this Thursday (24th March) I haven't a clue what I am doing. I am trying to do EE, just taking information from this month's magazine.

I don't get paid until this Friday, so am a bit limited in the food department. At lunchtime today I bought a chicken, bacon pasta pot from Tesco, (700 cals) figuring that all the ingredients in it were free, apart from the mayo. I've allowed 5 syns for the mayo, as I doubt that there is a tbsp in it and also I only ate 2/3 of the pot. Can anyone tell me if that would cost only 5 syns. I am really panicking that I have scuppered my chances before they have started.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Can you give us a bit more information please hun? Was it a ready prepared pasta salad or a pasta pot which you put boiling water into? :confused:

sorry, it was a prepared pot, with chicken (not very much) bacon bits (a miniscule amount), pasta, a bit of sweetcorn mixed in mayo. I figured that compared to all the sandwiches it would be a safer option as most of the ingedients were free on EE.

Thanks for replying

sorry, it was a prepared pot, with chicken (not very much) bacon bits (a miniscule amount), pasta, a bit of sweetcorn mixed in mayo. I figured that compared to all the sandwiches it would be a safer option as most of the ingedients were free on EE.

Thanks for replying

No probs hun x

If it happens again jot down the kcals, protein, carbs, fat and portion size - this is the information required on the website if a product isn't listed xx

HTH
xx

I don't get paid until this Friday, so am a bit limited in the food department. At lunchtime today I bought a chicken, bacon pasta pot from Tesco, (700 cals) figuring that all the ingredients in it were free, apart from the mayo. I've allowed 5 syns for the mayo, as I doubt that there is a tbsp in it and also I only ate 2/3 of the pot. Can anyone tell me if that would cost only 5 syns. I am really panicking that I have scuppered my chances before they have started.

There are a few things on the website it could be, any of these?

Chargrilled Chicken & Bacon Pasta, ready to eat, 200g bowl 12 16½ 12

Chargrilled Chicken & Bacon Pasta, ready to eat, 350g bowl 19½ 29½ 19½

Chicken & Bacon Pasta, ready to eat, 465g bowl 15½ 32 15½

i made my own chicken and bacon sandwich the other day and it was amazing,(even if i do say so myself) :eek: i even made the cracked black pepper mayo :) came out to 2syns for the entire thing and had sw chips with it too and toasted my hex of bread :D xxx

i made my own chicken and bacon sandwich the other day and it was amazing,(even if i do say so myself) :eek: i even made the cracked black pepper mayo :) came out to 2syns for the entire thing and had sw chips with it too and toasted my hex of bread :D xxx

How did you make the cracked black pepper mayo - that sounds so yummy!:D Thanks XX

hiya :) i just used 1 tbsp light mayo and added some water so it went much further, and used one of those black peppercorn grinders and grinded some into the mayo and mixed-really simple and i do it all the time now, and i do the same with garlic powder to make a garlic mayo :) xxx

hiya :) i just used 1 tbsp light mayo and added some water so it went much further, and used one of those black peppercorn grinders and grinded some into the mayo and mixed-really simple and i do it all the time now, and i do the same with garlic powder to make a garlic mayo :) xxx

Oh wow - that does sound yummy - thank you! XX

thats ok, its so easy! :) xxx

lol ooh and its lovely to mix with a salad as the water makes it go further and the pepper adds a lovely taste, so if u use 1 tbsp of tesco light mayo its 2 syns which is quite reasonable :) xxx

Tesco's own Meat Free Mince is 2 for £3 (I think it is always that price).
That's for 454g per bag. And a lot cheper than Quorn.
I think it tastes nicer too ;)

Back