Supersize v Superskinny

I nearly turned off when I saw she was on there. She does annoy me...but I was annoyed that she was asked to join the programme. I thought she was going to get some help and advice, not give it :D

I know she probably can't help it, but why have someome who has probably got an eating disorder themselves, giving advice to others with eating disorders:confused:

Also a bit worried about the 'skinny' one. Really surprised that her body managed the amount of calories after getting used to such a small amount.

Thought it was a little irresponsible. I'm sure she must have left loads. Either that or was in a lot of pain all week:confused:

Yes, I agree with you on all points Karion. Gillian definitely looks like she has an eating disorder and destined for osteoporosis. She walks with her shoulders hunched over and just looks so ill. Who would want to look like her?!

And that underweight girl, I thought she would vomit forcing her body to eat such a large quantity of food and also such rich food. :jelous:

Not the best programme I have seen on Channel 4. Jamie's programme last week was much better!!

Yes, I agree with you on all points Karion. Gillian definitely looks like she has an eating disorder

She walks with her shoulders hunched over and just looks so ill. Who would want to look like her?!
to be fair, she does have scoliosis which is why she hunches that way, and I'm told that is why she eats what she does. It helps to control it evidently. Just don't know why she wants to afflict this way of eating on everyone else.

I remember being confused when she was showing people how to do a certain exercise. It certainly wasn't how it should be done. It seemed that she had to do it that way because of her condition. She can't help her condition, but think they should have advised her not to 'show' others.

i also read when her show first started she was reported as being 35 - i find that hard to believe but she does have a young child.

So is she only around 40 now? She looks alot older than that.

KD i loved your comment about you thought she was going on the show for help lol, i guess this isnt the gillian mckeith appreciation society thread:silly:

have to say half the supposed big bums wernt big at all!!!! Plus a big bum is not a problem area AND women with larger bums are meant to be more intelligent.:read:

I just saw the last 2 programmes on this and im hooked.I was going to try those hoodia pills before i watched that but im not now.I think its a great programme and cant wait for the next one

xxx

I just saw the last 2 programmes on this and im hooked.I was going to try those hoodia pills before i watched that but im not now.I think its a great programme and cant wait for the next one

xxx

Next week's show looks really interesting, can't wait! :D

We've really enjoyed those programmes too. Does anyone know if they are going to do a feature on VLC diets? It would be interesting to hear their take on them.

On the Gillian McKeith point, about four years ago I read she was 40, and I was surprised as she looks way older. I used to watch her and I bought her books (from the book club man at work) but I found her regime impossible to follow for anyone with a family and a job. She has lost all credibility as far as I am concerned because of the doubt concerning her qualifications and some of the claims she has made regarding following her diet.

I did have great faith in her at the beginning, but that has wained over time. Her menus are good, low GI ETC but very hard to keep too.And expensive! I think she is at least mid 50's, or am I being cruel?

the programme is on tuesdays, either 8 or 9 pm

Back