Extra Easy Surely this cant work!!?

hannahxx

Hi guys. Iv done every diet possible lost weight then Its back on again. I'm a hairdresser and lots of my clients have lost weight on sw extra easy so im giving it a go. I just feel I'm eating far too much and I don't know how I'm going to lose weight as calorie wise must b lots! If I tell u what I have had the last 2 days could u please give me your opinion.

Day 1

Weetabix and skimmed milk (HEa and HEb)

Cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce with extra broccoli added
Mullerlight yogurt
Plum

Large jacket potato
Dairy lea triangle (2 syns)
Baked beans
3 quorn sausages (3 syns)
Salad

Mullerlight yogurt

Day 2:

3 ryvitas multi grain (HEb) 2 dairy lea triangles (HEa)

Mullerlight
Melon
Apple

Pasta and baked beans

Chilli (made from slimming world book) with extra carrot and peppers served with lots of rice

Rocky choc bar (5 syns)
Mugshot

Opinions r greatly welcome! I just feel if I carry on like this I'll b gaining weight!

I would say thats looking fine. Just eat plenty fruit & veg to make sure ur getting enough!
Well done for joining :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

looks great to me, what I would add though is if you made your chilli with quorn mince you would have been a green day and would have been allowed to have 2 hex as and 2 hex bs. So your ryvitas and dairyleas wouldn't have had to be synned,

trust in the plan, try and forget about calories, SW have spent a lot of time and money to make the plan work and it does.

Also eat as much as you need of free and superfree to feel satisfied, I find if I don;t eat enough I either gain or STS.

Good luck xx

Thanx guys I'll keep going and hopefully have a loss this week. Another question do u always have a third superfree just some meals I have don't really go with veg/salad. Do u think this will make a difference? Xx

well thats the recommendation, you can always try to incorporate the veg into tthe dish, like you have with chilli and pasta n sauce. our c says as long as a third your daily intake is superfree then thats fine, theres others on here who say it needs to be part of your meal, but the recommendation is 1/3 with every meal x

You can have fruit before your meal (or superfree soup) as your 1/3 superfree

It's less calories than you think, as long as you stick to the plan!

Out of curiosity yesterday, I ran my day's worth of food through a calorie counter (I do all green days):

Day 1: Breakfast -
2 cauldron veggie sausages 2 syns, Baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes
Lunch - Jacket potato,baked beans, rocket, tomatoes, dressing 2 syns, fat free yogurt
Dinner- Home made veggie chilli with tomatoes, sweetcorn, mushrooms, carrots, kidney beans, onion and bulgar wheat, with home made potato wedges, 3 mint chocolate cremes 7 1/2syns
Snack- chocolate weetabix HEB +2 syns, milk HEA, Hi Fi bar HEB

Today Breakfast: 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal HEB 2 eggs poached
Lunch: Stirfry with frylight; tofu, onion, carrot, broccoli, noodles, home made sauce with tbsp peanut butter 4 1/2 syns, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, hot water, chilli powder; nectarine
Dinner: left over chilli, baked in oven with HEA cheese on top, potato wedges, fromage frais mixed with lemon juice; banana
Snack: hi fi bar HEB

This sounds like loads, (and was absolutely yummy!), but when I ran everything ingredient by ingredient, branded product stated calories etc, all through a calorie counter it came to:

1400ish calories per day! I actually find that I lose less when I eat less quantity. Maybe this is because if I do that, my calorie count gets stupidly low and my body starts trying to store it? I don't know, but based on the calories of my piggy days, yours seems just fine!

That's really good! I woke up this morning felt so bloated and uncomfortable, weighed myself and I had put on 2 pound!! I don't think sw is for me. My portion control is awful and think I need to swap to ww as im more restricted and less likely to over indulge on carbs which r obviously not agreeing with me xx

I think you have to be more realistic and give it at least four weeks before you decide if its for you or not. I know that my body is a week behind itself so my losses don't normally show until a week after I've started something. You've only been doing SW a short while just stick it a while longer :)

That's really good! I woke up this morning felt so bloated and uncomfortable, weighed myself and I had put on 2 pound!! I don't think sw is for me. My portion control is awful and think I need to swap to ww as im more restricted and less likely to over indulge on carbs which r obviously not agreeing with me xx
Hi if you are struggling with the ee plan then why not look at the red and green plan. I follow the red and green plan it is more restricted and I am losing the weight nicely whilst remining full, it may take a few days to get your head around the plan but I think it suits some people better than the ee plan, and like the person before you need to give it 4 weeks to really see n feel a difference. Good luck with whatever you decide but I have also done weight watchers in the past and have had better results more quickly with the red and green plan.

Welcome! You food looks fine hun.
I'm not really sure how much we can reassure you. You said yourself that you know a number of people who have lost weight on extra easy - why would the views of some randoms on the internet reassure you more than what you can see with your own eyes Just try it & see for yourself.

If you post a food diary in the subforum people will look at it, & it gives you a record of what you've eaten to look back on when you need inspiration

Finally - if you search the forum for threads about the 1/3fd superfree recommendation you'll find everything you need to know about it as there are hundreds of threads.

Good luck for your 1st weigh in

That's really good! I woke up this morning felt so bloated and uncomfortable, weighed myself and I had put on 2 pound!! I don't think sw is for me.
How long have you been doing SW? Your body's weight can fluctuate by quite a surprising amount in a short period of time. Its not unusual for anyone to wake up feeling bloated and finding out that they're several lbs heavier than the day before - a couple of days later it'll all disappear again - its natural, and it'll happen no matter what routine you follow. just ignore your scales and don't worry too much about how much you weigh over really short periods of time - any sustainable weightloss unfortunately will take a while. Also, if you've just put your body into shock by giving it a sudden diet change, then you might be all over the place for a week until it settles down and catches up with your new lifestyle - that could go either way - for some people it means they lose 8lbs in a week, for other people like me, it means they gain. its nice when you lose loads in the first week, but not everybody does.

My portion control is awful and think I need to swap to ww as im more restricted and less likely to over indulge on carbs which r obviously not agreeing with me xx
I'm equally bad on portion control (I just don't do it at all! lol), and I guess I don't lose very quickly, but even by eating large amounts I have still managed to do it slowly in the past.

But really It depends what those carbs are. One of the principles behind SW is the density of calories per 100g of food (Energy Density) - e.g. Potatoes are really good at roughly 70 per 100g, and most other non-starchy veg are about 15-20, whereas things like chocolate bars are more like 600.
If you're filling up on carbs from healthy foods like fruit, veg and pulses then the chance of you exceeding your daily calorie intake is much lower because you'll feel full up from the weight of the food you're eating, even if its much less calories than you're used to. Especially if you're drinking the right amounts of water or other fluids too.

I've mainly done ee about 95% of the time I've been on sw and lost really well and eaten plenty . Stick with it it really does work

Back