surf and turf..............

missclare85

Silver Member
i may get this on saturday how many syns do you think the garlic on the prawns and the calamari will be, im also going to get a jacket potatoe instead of the chips x?

Do you think it would be an ok choice?

Surf & Turf​
£7.75

Our twist on a classic – an 8oz rump with garlic king prawns​
and crisp calamari, chips, peas, and grilled tomato

No way of know for sure I'm afraid. I suspect that they will fry, and maybe even deep fry, the calamari if they are calling it crispy so you would need to allow some syns for that. Other than that it looks okay for EE although it also depends what they do with the garlic and prawns in terms of dressings or sauces.

Thanks! When I was look at calamari it was like 7 1/2 syns for 100g which I no I won't get THAT much I THINK my 10-15 syns will HOPEFULLY cover it if not I suppse I could really really limit my syns for the rest of the week! Arrr I don't no its annoying!

Eat free foods that day and then thoroughly enjoy your evening meal. You may even find you can't eat it all anyways where everyone else will no doubts eat all of there's as well as starters or extras. I may only be on week 3 but I've found that I struggle to eat full meals any more. Saying that I'm off to a steak house tomorrow evening and I love their pork in a steamed tomato and pepper sauce with a jacket and oodles of garlic butter, may opt for a salad instead or go halfs with OH on the spud

I went for a surf and turf a few months back, it came out smothered in butter, so make sure you ask them not to put any sauces over it! or at least have it in a seperate jug. You also have the right to ask them not to brush oil on the food when they cook it. The steak will proabably be grilled but the prawns and squid will probably be deep fried.

Back