Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

how's it been today? day 2?

Zumba tomorrow night, can't wait. I did a little bit in the living room tonight lol. The Caipirinha one cos I already knew it from before :D I love it!! Not managed any 100% days just yet so none gone on the chart but I have cut down massively. I would say tomorrow will be 100% but I'm making no promises, except to be as good as I possibly can, hopefully 100%.

It's sill really because I know once I make it through 1 day being 100% I'll be fine but for some reason I'm self sabotaging.... I guess my fear of commitment extends to dieting as well :( I'll report back tomorrow night, but this is my plan...

Breakfast
Choc Shake before I leave the house
Cup of tea at work

Lunch
K Chilli

Tea
Either bar or vanilla shake

Plenty of water throughout the day, should be easy especially with Zumba!!

great things said:
how's it been today? day 2?

Crossed posts lol, the essay above explains all!!

use zumba to get you into ketosis quicker as you'll burn the carbs exercising.

That's what I'm hoping, I just posted this in the 100% section to try and help me get motivated:-

"I thought I'd come and post in this section because I need the motivation desperately!!! I've done CD countless times with varying success. This time is make or break, if I can't do it this time round it's game over, I'll have to go back to the painfully slow losses I have on SW.

I've recently booked my 2012 holiday, to floridly next September so I NEED to be at target by then. This is a double edged sword because it's 14 months away it's means I have plenty of time to get there BUT it also means I have no sense of urgency!!!

I've got 3 and a half to 4 stone to lose depending on how I feel when I get closer to target. I intend to do it doing SS. Whenever I do SS+ I end up slipping up so it's all or nothing for me I'm afraid.

I've made myself a chart to tick off each SS day, it's stuck on my bedroom door so I have no choice but to see it all the time. But as of yet I've not managed to tick off a single day. I want tomorrow to be the day I managed to be 100%

I so need to get this weight off, I'm feeling very fat and unhealthy :( "

taken from the NHS site

Losing weight can reduce your risk of health problems if you’re overweight. Carrying extra weight is linked to many health conditions, and it can shorten your life.
Health problems linked with being overweight

If you’re overweight, you have a much higher risk of coronary heart disease, particularly if you have a lot of fat around the middle of your body. Being overweight also increases the risk of:

high blood pressure,
stroke, and
type 2 diabetes.

You’re also more likely to have:

problems moving around (mobility),
joint and back pain, and
difficulty sleeping.

Losing weight will help to:

lower your levels of bad cholesterol,
reduce your blood pressure, and
lower your risk of health problems.
It will also increase your life expectancy.

Research has found that moderate obesity shortens lives by three years. People who are severely obese will die 10 years earlier than they should.

here are your reasons for loosing weight surf. i'm sure you see the consequences of being overweight everyday in your job. you need to ask yourself (and me too) if it is worth it! my family have diabetise, strokes, heart problems and cancer in their history. i don't need any of this as it could lead to me being like my mum!

we can do it. we can!

feel mean for saying all that but it's the same for me too, but bouncing up and down on the scales is really bad! this is what i've been doing!

Eeek what a horrible day!! This morning was okay, just like any other really, lunch time had a meeting about the proposed changes to our working patterns - tensions were running high!! Then I spent this afternoon chasing my tail and undoing arrangements that I'd made five minutes before because the right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing. My colleagues are so infuriating sometimes!!!

I had a horrible splitting headache all afternoon from the stress, it being Day 1 and not having had as much water as I should, but zumba fixed that, I felt totally destressed after that session.

Got home and considered starting Shred but decided against it having already zumba'd today. The somehow my iphone crashed :( it went to the black screen with the white apple and wouldn't do anything. Had a massive panic because I have no other phone and I'm on call tomorrow night :eek: Took it round to my brothers and he ended up having to restore it right back to factory settings, so now I'm sitting here at 11:30pm waiting for it to sync my stuff back onto it!!! I'm shattered and wanted an early night but this is taking forever!! Mind I'm just so relieved to have it back in working order again :)

But because of all the carry on and stress of today I haven't had much time to think about dieting, so I can tick Day1 off on the chart at long last. Here's to Day 2 but please let it be less stressful....pretty please!!!!!

Last edited:
hi

my phone did that to me not so long ago but i looked it up on the apple site and there was a way to restore it without going back to factory settings! i can't remember now but it worked. it involved doing something in a certain sequence! i'll look it up so if it ever happens again we can both refer back and get it.

think it was this i did.
  1. Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  2. Hold them both until you see the screen go black and the white Apple logo appear.
  3. When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

think you hold the first for 10 secs.

hey nikki, you can do that any tine your iphone locks or sticks. Its kind of like a reboot on the computer. I used to have to flush mine like that all the tine.

Hiya Kerry, how're you doing? My phone was completely dead, it was just stuck on the white apple and wouldn't restart :( my brother tried everything to get it back but ended up having to do a reset :( BUT after 2 hours of waiting it's all reset and back to normal, thank god!!!

I've decided to make the next 80 days pass quicker, to pick an 80's song for each of the 80 days so here's today's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It should really be Never Gonna Give Up, not Never Gonna YOU Up for dieting but hey....

Last edited:
Well that's another day in the bag :) I'm fine once I get day 1 over with!!

I took some full length underwear photos about 3 weeks ago when I first started doing 30 Day Shred. I repeated them tonight to mark the start of my 80 Day Fat Blasting mission. I actually got a surprise when I compared the 2 pics. I haven't dieted during this 3 weeks really and my belly is slightly bigger, but my legs are much more shapely now than 3 weeks ago!! I can't believe it, I've done 30 Day Shred probably 18 times and Zumba twice between the two lots of photos, so something is working.I'm going to take photos every 20 days and I'm looking forward to my day 20 photos now.

This has really helped motivate me, I also had a chat with my best friend about how I feel being fatter again, she was very supportive and told me to go for it if it works for me. In the past she's always been a bit 'offish' about VLCDs. I think she sensed my feeling of mild desperation this time. I have to do it, I cannot feel this uncomfortable when I have the means to fix it!!

Well done on Day 2! Roll on Day3! I wish I could get the motivation up to try this amazing Shred. :)

Ah it's fab!! I hate it when I'm doing it but it's wonderful and feels great afterwards!! I totally recommend it!!

Yay! Roll on day 3!

Back