Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

20131.gif

hi sally

hope work and life is going well and the diet is 'taking care of itself' :)

I've been AWOL these last couple of days because I've been stressed to hell, and for a change it's not work related! My neck and shoulder have been sore for the last few weeks, and on Tuesday my neck started really itching but I couldn't be precise about where it was itching, just a general itch.

The thing is I have a mole on the side of my neck where the itch was, I started to wonder if it was that. So I made a Drs appointment to get it checked out. Then on Wednesday a lymph node in my neck was suddenly really painful too. So being the hypochondriac that I am I've panicked big time, my imagination has gone into overdrive and now I've pretty much got myself convinced it's something sinister. Drs appointment is at 10:20 and can't come fast enough.

But as a result of my cancer phobia, since Wednesday my diet has gone out the window :( I haven't eaten food, no meals etc I'm really not that bothered by the foodie mealsy parts, but I've picked and picked on sweets and choccies at work. I'm stupid I know I am but I'm scared and just thought 'What's the point?'

I am terrified of what the dr will say, I can't see the mole myself, but several people have checked it and reckon it looks fine but something just doesn't feel quite right. Trouble is I know too much about cancer and it's treatments and outcomes but not enough about what the diagnosis is and how it's made etc. Aaargh I'm winding myself up into a frenzy here on my own.

The thing is I have a mole on the side of my neck where the itch was, I started to wonder if it was that. So I made a Drs appointment to get it checked out. Then on Wednesday a lymph node in my neck was suddenly really painful too. So being the hypochondriac that I am I've panicked big time, my imagination has gone into overdrive and now I've pretty much got myself convinced it's something sinister. Drs appointment is at 10:20 and can't come fast enough.

But as a result of my cancer phobia, since Wednesday my diet has gone out the window :( I haven't eaten food, no meals etc I'm really not that bothered by the foodie mealsy parts, but I've picked and picked on sweets and choccies at work. I'm stupid I know I am but I'm scared and just thought 'What's the point?'

I am terrified of what the dr will say, I can't see the mole myself, but several people have checked it and reckon it looks fine but something just doesn't feel quite right. Trouble is I know too much about cancer and it's treatments and outcomes but not enough about what the diagnosis is and how it's made etc. Aaargh I'm winding myself up into a frenzy here on my own.

Hi Sal,

I just went through something like this with DD. She had a freckle on her ear that became a raised mole (irregularly shaped and unevenly coloured) very rapidly.
I took her to the GP, they referred us to a local dematologist, but then the appointment came through for an Addenbrookes' consult. Waiting and watching it was debated -- but then it was decided to go ahead and remove the mole for a biopsy.
She is fine (I got the results Tuesday).

Please do not borrow trouble -- get it off, get it tested -- and then try hard to let it go until you get the results.
Chances are they'll be good.

((((BIG HUGS)))))

Mel

Thanks Mel, glad DD is okay! The GP said its the most innocent looking mole he's ever seen but said he'd refer me to get it and the 3 skin tags I have on my neck removed for peace of mind, and because i keep catching it. I totally trust his judgement, because he works at the hospital too, and unlike some other GPs his practice and knowledge is up to date. I'm happy with what he's said and overjoyed that he's referred me to get it removed. Phew!! I told him I felt like an idiot but he said I'd done the right thing by getting it checked.

Absoultely, I knew a doctor whose wife was concerned about a skin growth. He went to work and casually mentioned it to a dermatologist co-worker who "poo-pooed it"... but said, "let's get it off and biopsy to shut Lori up." Guess what? It WAS cancer. Thanks to his wife's concern -- it was caught early and he is fine.

Mel

i'm the least stressed person about moles and skin tags ever. i keep an eye on my back cause i've been really badly burnt there before. i have several large moles but they don't get bigger and are not vastly raised.

got a parking ticket today :( stayed too long in cap cook car park in boro. 1hr over my time but there was no way of me getting back to the car to add on more time. i was in an interview with a supply agency and i seriously ran over by 1 1/2hr.

Hi Sal --

Happy Bonfire Night! (Check out Nikki's link it is seriously outrageous!)

feuerwerk_094.gif

Mel

Nite, Sal!

garfield-sleeping.jpg

morning. i got up late 8am ish. i'm dressed, tidied the kids room, put on the dryer, more washing, hung some out, dopped the poop in the garden and had 3 coffees and 2 pints of water and i'm about to have my first shake. not bad in just over 2hrs.

morning. i got up late 8am ish. i'm dressed, tidied the kids room, put on the dryer, more washing, hung some out, dopped the poop in the garden and had 3 coffees and 2 pints of water and i'm about to have my first shake. not bad in just over 2hrs.

You are making me feel like a sloth! lol

Hi Sal,

relaxing_sunday-7893.gif

Mel

Wow wow Nikki I'm out of my bed now on the seatee drinking my shake and ain't moving for now lol x

I'm up too, what a total waste of a day yesterday was! I just could not stay awake :( anyway, I'm going to tidy up, Hoover then veg on the sofa for a bit. My friend picked her new car up on Friday so I might go round and see it.

In other news I actually managed to have a 2lb loss on Friday at WI. Am stunned and pleased, thought itd be a gain for sure. :)

Congrats on the loss! Whoop!

You needed the rest... you have some time off now, so enjoy it!

fantastic sally. i'm getting totally fed up on my diet. the losses are just dreadful. i'm thinking i'm going to have to drop back to ss+ from 810 for a couple of weeks. might drop my milk in my coffee as my losses are concerning me. body fat this am was 25.6% so it's staying consistant. Diet and Fitness Resources - Shop for weight loss and home fitness equipment - Body Fat Charts looks really really normal in this chart. will have to see.
from what you have written here Nikki..... a silly question as its my last day on cd/exante just had enough.

question is can your body regect VLCD's if you have been on them to many times?? cause i strongly feel as if this is the case for me..

just thinking out loud really

sal well done on your 2 lbs loss chicken :) xxx

Back