Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Thanks Shanny, I don't think the body will reject vlcds, I just think that maybe we all expect too much from them. The first time we did it we had spectacular losses week after week but let's face it it was because we had a lot to lose, now we're just trying to shift the last couple of stones which are notoriously hard to shift anyway. I'm being a bit more philosophical about it this time, any loss is a loss I'm okay on CD, not beating myself up for the odd slip, if I start doing that I'll fail for sure.

Thanks Shanny, I don't think the body will reject vlcds, I just think that maybe we all expect too much from them. The first time we did it we had spectacular losses week after week but let's face it it was because we had a lot to lose, now we're just trying to shift the last couple of stones which are notoriously hard to shift anyway. I'm being a bit more philosophical about it this time, any loss is a loss I'm okay on CD, not beating myself up for the odd slip, if I start doing that I'll fail for sure.
I didnt mean for the post to be a negative post just been thinking this morning.. and i do understand when you say, we had more weight to lose first time round, very true indeed.

Now your back with your CDC sal you will get there, how's your mummy doing on CD? x

Don't worry I didn't read it as negative, hell I've felt the same a few timers in the past. From experience I think we also push the boundaries a bit more than we dared the first time. And it all comes together to make it seem like we're more resistant to it.

My mum has had to stop CD for a little while because money is tight, they had the dog to the vets (dodgy hips) and it cost a fortune for injections etc so until insurance pays out money is tight.

i feel like mine has rejected it right now.

However, low calorie diets carry many health risks, and like
most diets, have a 95% failure rate. When you go on a low
calorie diet, you’re most likely to suffer from the “starvation
response”. This is when your body realises that it’s not getting
enough energy, and starts to preserve its supply of fat by
burning fewer calories. In addition, when you reduce the amount
of calories you eat, your brain receives signals to eat more,
your appetite is stimulated and you have feelings of hunger and
deprivation. http://www.elvistribute.biz/very-low-calorie-diet/ just wondering if this is happening to me.

I had this discussion with my mum the other day, and she said explain anorexics then, if your body stopped losing because it's in starvation mode why do anorexics keeps losing? I can't answer that, my only idea would be that we're more inclined to not wait it out until we lose again. We lose heart and eat things we shouldn't.

Hi Sal,

Happy Monday! I hope that you are enjoyng your time off.

Mel

I am starving!! I'm definitely in ketosis and up to date with my water, so I have no idea why I'm so very hungry :( I suspect it's because I had chicken instead of my usual scrambled eggs. I'm switching back to eggs tomorrow!

hey, i've been feeling hungry too. maybe it's the cold weather and our bodies are having to work harder to warm itself up, thus burning more cals.

Mmm you could be right! I've had my last shake and guess what? Still hungry!! Dentist tomorrow :eek: I hate going to the dentist. I'm such a baby, I've bribed my mum to come with me.

Morning Sal,

I agree with Nikki -- I think the cold makes us feel hungry (that and the lack of light). I am going to give myself another "dose" of my light box before I tackle some of the chores I've planned for today.

Sal, How is your time off going? Doing anything special?

I am not a fan of the dentist -- I have a cracked tooth repair booked for the end of them month. With what did you bribe your mum? Maybe she'd go with me... I have no one. :(

Mel

I could've done with your light box today, it's barely got light at all! Dentist visit went fine, just had a clean and polish and sent on my way, no probs. am pleased, I totally hate going :( Bribed mum with a shopping trip afterwards.

I am glad it went well. I went in for a clean and exam -- and now have a repair booked! *sigh*

booooo dentists. i hate them.

took ems to a birthday party tonight. i was starving. there were bowls of food everywhere, cheese was one. it was right under my nose :( i could have just reached out and taken some. wish i brought some gum with me. i resisted. just had my tea. i really couldn't do the ss+. i came home and was too hungry, i just wasn't functioning right. so 810 it is.

My throat is so so sore, anyone got any ideas what I can take that's CWP friendly. Is there even such a thing?

I'll be the same on Sunday Nikki, it's little E's birthday party. I've said I'd bake cupcakes for Tracey to save her some work but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the savoury bits.

take some gum sally. i know it makes you hungry but as long as you are chewing it you'll be less likely to chomp down :)

sore throat. echineacea, zinc, check out the sugar free lozengers.

Thanks Nikki. I think if it gets any worse I'm just going to have to have something and deal with the diet when in better. It's so sore :cry:

Aww Sal -- You can't be ill on your days off!

Mel

Urgh I feel rubbish :( I decided to give up CD completely while I feel so rough BUT I only managed a little bit of butternut squash soup and a small bread roll before I felt totally full and sick. So decided back to CD and at least I'll be getting my nutrients just not sure being on 500 ish calories is ideal right now. I'm having orange juice to have some vitamin c.

i think cd is ace at getting rid of your bugs and making your poorly body better.

Back