Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Operation Showgirl - Feeling Downright Fed Up!!

Boo I've had such a horrible day today:mad:, not weight or diet related at all luckily, but I have struggled to avoid food the way I'm feeling right now.

First I found out that my credit card has been used fraudulently, I've not managed to get to the bottom of it but the credit card company are investigating and fortunately I don't have to pay for the things I can't identify. I'm always really careful when I buy things on line so I have no idea how this has happened. Luckily not too much has been spent on it.

Then as I went out this afternoon I put the back windows down in my car to let some air in and only one went back up. The other one is stuck down. Renaults are renowned for this and I only had this very same window fixed for the very same problem last June.

So I'm really cross :flamingmad: about that. I've been in touch with the garage who have been lovely about it (private garage - dealership not so lovely). It's just so inconvenient. My dad bless him, has fashioned a new window out of perspex and duct tape to tide me over until I can get it back in to the garage. So annoying. It's not just the expense it's the inconvenience of it all.:cry:

I've been off all week and had it happened last Sat all would be sorted now, with ease. But as I'm back at work, poor dad has to take it in on Wed so they can look at it, and see what happens from there. I might have to take it to Renault, which is a nightmare as it's miles away from where I live. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though. My work are so inflexible when it comes to things like this, I won't be able to get time off to sort it:sigh:.

Sorry for that rant but what a horrible day. What I really want is a massive curry and a big bottle of wine, what I will be having however is a chocolate shake and a litre of water. Joy! I think it's safe to say I'm feeling pretty miserable today. I just want to cry.:cry:

Oh hun! Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy :(

You are doing so well to stay on track though?! Your comment about getting on the scales and if you have a good weight lose, treat yourself and if a bad lose then you eat to make yourself feel better. That is me to a tee! I really should stay well away from scales, but I can't. I am on at least twice a day!

Tomorrow is a new day! Hopefully a pink one :)

As of 11pm last night I am in the pink!!
My obsession with the scales also extends to ketostix. I did 2 last night, and 2 this morning. I don't think they're the most reliable method of telling ketosis. I had a feeeling last night I was in the pink because I had the heating and fire on and my feet were like blocks of ice - a familiar ketosis feeling. So I just had to check!!
I aso went on the scales and yay movement at last....I have lost 2lbs!! I won't change tickers or anything til after my official weigh in though.

Today I won't have much chance to feel hungry or think about food because I've got it into my head to paint the kitchen cupboards. They're cream and starting to look a bit tired, so I got my Dad to take me to B&Q yesterday and I've got everything reeady, Handles are off the doors, doors are in a pile waiting to be painted. To be honest I'm going to see how this looks but I might end up buying new door fronts instead - I'm not the best at DIY and Dad usually has to bail me out.

Later on is going to be the test - my Gran is going to my Mum & Dad's for Mothers Day tea, and I'm going over too, but Gran really doesn't approve of CD. She can't get her head around the idea of it and thinks I'm anorexic. So she's going to expect me to eat... I've already told my Mum that I'm going to say I had a big dinner, but I know she won't believe me. Aaargh, never mind.

I've survived the Mother's Day tea! It was okay until Mum brought out a giant chocolate cake she'd made - I love her cakes so I made my excuses and left.

Anyway Day 3 is almost over and Day 4 is usually my danger zone (Danger Day). It's the day where I usually get on the scales and either a: there's a good loss and I'm happy and carry on or b: there's not much movement at all and I'm miserable and cheat. SO tomorrow I'm avoiding the scales at all costs tomorrow.

So far the motivated me seems to be hanging around. I'm really glad about that because I've really struggled for the past few months so it's nice to be finding it easy for a change.

I'm back at work tomorrow which is also going to be a huge test because there's always tons of chocolates and biscuits in the staffroom. I'm sure I'll be fine though.

I'm soooo hungry today, I've had to have an SS+ day. I'm in ketosis, so I know I shouldn't feel hungry, but I've been starving since lunch time. I think it's because I'm back at work and it's been really hectic and busy, so I figure I'd probably burnt more calories than I'd consumed. So when I got home I had some cottage cheese to try and kill the hunger.

At first I thought it was because I was thirsty, because sometimes that feels like hunger, but now I daren't drink anymore, I've had over 4 litres. Oh well never mind, I've got one shake left to have, hopefully I'll be okay after that. If not I'm going to head off to bed with my book and try not to think about it.

Looks like I'm going to make it through Dangerous Day 4 without a problem though, I even went to the canteen at work with the girls and wasn't even tempted when they all bought a cake. I had a coffee and enjoyed it. So I'd say definitely progress being made there.

I really hope I can keep this up, because I'm actually enjoying being this in control.

Congrats on surviving day 4! And for drinking 4 litres, that's very impressive! You're doing really well. Operation showgirl is on track!

Can't wait to get to day 4 and get into ketosis like you. Know what you mean about the feeling of being in control, its great (granted its barely been 1 day for me, but loving the power!)

Lou x

In a lot of ways Day 1 is the hardest, so feel proud you've made it through Day 1!! You'll be in ketosis before you know it. I'm looking forward to weigh in on Wednesaday - I'll be very interested to see what the official scales have to say.

I think put on about 4lbs eating at the Christening on thursday, but right now my scales are showing a 1lb loss according to last weeks weigh in. Who knows, I can't second guess myself, and I'll just have to wait and see. Next week will be more more true reflection as I won't have extra 'food' weight to shift.

I've had real mixed feelings about today. In the first instance I'm actually really proud of myself:), not only have I managed to resist a scone, but M&S sandwiches and a choc muffin. A medical rep came in today bringing with her bribery and corruption:eek:. First she went on a scone run at coffee time, then she brought out the sandwiches and muffins. I can't believe I watched everyone tuck into all that nice stuff, while I had my choclate tetra. I'm really, really pleased with myself:D.

However, the scales are refusing to budge:sigh:, I know I'm obsessing but I can't stay off them, I go on every morning. Usually when I'm doing CD I find it reassuring to watch the lbs slip away, but my scales aren't moving. It's gutting:cry:, I've tried so hard this week, and I'd love to have a big loss to keep me motivated, but that's not to be.

I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this tiny loss to my CDC tomorrow night :confused: because I'm sure she'll think I've cheated, because she knows me so well, and the weeks where I've had poor losses I have actually cheated a bit. But this time I've given it 100% and no cheats. I'm feeling really disheartened because I so desperately wanted to do well.:cry:

Luckily I'm still feeling pretty motivated or I'm sure this would've set me back, but psychologically it's not doing me any favours!! At this rate it's going to take me til my holiday to even shift this weight.

Last edited:
Oh hun, sorry the scales aren't moving as much as you would like. Just one thought, you ate plenty at the christening just before you started right? Well when you start CD, you have to burn up your carb stores before you start going into ketosis.

I go into ketosis the end of day 2, so day 4 seems quite a long while to wait. Maybe it too a little bit longer to burn off the christening food and then you hit ketosis a little bit later and hence your weight loss has been a little slow to start?

Just an idea :) But regardless, stay strong because a smaller lose this week (if it is) usually means a bigger loss the following week. You just need to stay strong and focuses. By giving in now, you will have wasted all that effort that you will be reaping next week.

xxx

Sorry if that sounds a little bit like teaching a pro to suck eggs...lol! It's not meant to sound that way at all.

Ha ha not at all. I'd already thought about the christening food and weighed myself on Friday to take it into account. However I am due on and my CDC suggested I might actually be drinking too much water. Apparently some people start retaining water if they drink too much. So I'm knocking it down to the minimum 2.5litres see what happens, I go seem to be quite prone to retaining water around TOTM.

No matter what I'm still cracking on with diet, I'm not giving up just yet.

Hi - just been reading through your posts :D. Hope you get to your goal for your hols. Sounds wonderful - I went to Vegas about 5 years ago for my birthday and it was fantastic you'll have a whale of a time! Interesting point about retaining water if you drink too much.....How much have you been drinking per day? I only ask as last week I was disappointed to only lose 2lbs and I'm now wondering if I can blame that on the water!​

I've been drinking 4 litres a day. It's what I did last time but it was summer then so I'll have probably sweated more out. I'll keep you posted and let you know if decreasing water helps any, I'm not convinced but I don't need an excuse to drink less.

Surfhunny,

You've done this before and had great results and you will this time. 2lbs loss for TOTM is good, it's 2lb off and closer to your target. You'll have the body of a Las Vegas showgirl before you know it!

I'm so proud that you resisted the scone, muffins etc - I know how hard it is to do that but you did and should take great pride in that. You're doing well and are so determined to do this!

Keep it up chick xxx

Same here, only lost 2lbs when I have ToTM. I just became a human sponge and retain all the fluids I take ;)
I think if you stick with at least 2.5ltr you'll be fine, at least you're getting the minimum amount of fluids then :)

Well I seem to have escaped from my little mishap on Friday night and have lost 2lbs at my earlier than normal weigh in. Phew!! My CDC is away for 2 weeks now, so this is where I'm at my most vulnerable dietwise. I'm going to try really hard to see how much weight I can lose before she comes back, because last time she went away, I put weight on.

That's not going to happen this time. Even though I've got Little E's Christening and all the shannanagans that go with it on Sunday, I don't see my CDC again until the 7th April so I've got plenty of time to get right back on track and lose a bit more.

Well done! Have you got a goal in mind for in 2 weeks time?

Not really i try not to set myself goals because they seem to have a negative affect on me...I seem to want to rebel against them lol. So long as I've lost weight, I'll be happy, hopefully a good chunk too, then i'll be really happy. I'll be really really happy if I can lose 7lbs but that sounds awfully like a goal so I'll pretend I didn't say that.

I'll be really really happy if I can lose 7lbs but that sounds awfully like a goal so I'll pretend I didn't say that.

:D

Good luck xx

Wow, Vegas. I'd love to go there!

Hmmmm, I wonder. Other half's divorce will be through soon. If we get him a passport, head to Vegas and I 'absent mindedly' pack the divorce papers ........

Seriously, I'm sure you'll look stunning when you get there xx

Back