Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

hey surfhunny, glad to see your dropping the weight. just wanted to say you look stunning in them photos from new york:) keep it up!!

Heehee! That's not a goal, it's just a rough guideline! I know what you mean though, when I set a goal it's almost like I'm setting myself up for a fall. I need to learn to take it as it comes.

i had a christening in the first week of my starting CD. i took a bar and stayed away from the food table... drank water whilst all around were downing pints, wine, etc etc :( hard work but worth it.

2 weeks..... i don't envy you! i hate 2 week weigh ins. i love the title of your thread. :flirt2:

Today is going to be a big test for me. I've got a 21 hour shift ahead of me. It's amazingly difficult to time my shakes properly to cover a 21 hour period. So I'm not having my first one til 4pm - if I can make it til then lol. It's a long tough shift so I'm in the middle of cooking up some chicken to pick on too. I just hope the people I'm working with don't want to get take away or bring in tons of bad food because these shifts are when I'm totally at my weakest. Last time I did CD I gave them all away so I wouldn't have to be tempted, but unfortunately this time round it's not been so easy to give them away.

I'm not going to beat myself up for having more chicken than is allowed because it's better than picking on bad things.

what job do you do?

keep going! your gonna look fab in vegas baby!

Never beat yourself up for eating more chicken, after all it's a concious choice and it's a coping mechanism to stop you eating takeaway etc. I've done it twice in the last few weeks and I've still lost. Hope your mega long shift is going well xx

Mega long shift is going craply, I'm shattered, my legs are killing me and I'm starving. I hate these shifts and I'm really looking forward to being able to crawl into bed in 9 hours time! This has been the worst shift for a long long time. First time i've sat down since 5pm - it's now 1am!!!! The whole hospital is boiling hot and i'm sooo thirsty can't drink enough lost count of how many litres I've had.

Sorry for moaning on but at a time when all sane people are tucked up in their beds I'm sitting with my feet on a chair feeling very sorry for myself. And Vegas seems a very long way away!

I used to work nightshifts so can relate (in a small way) to what you're feeling like.

You're doing really well coping and will definitely be a Vegas starlet when the time comes x

Hey, moaning is what I do best and after all, where better than to blow off steam here. Hope you managed to get through the rest of your shift ok and got some well earned rest.

Chat soon x

Well I've finally recovered from the shift from hell. I haven't got another one for a while, phew.

Anyway tomorrow is Little E's christening, I can't wait. It's going to be great seeing family and friends I haven't seen for a while. Once the festivities are over though, it's back to 100% SS for me. There's nothing at all between Monday and my goal. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and really starting to see results.

Also another thing that's renewed my motivation is that one of my friends who did Lighter Life in the past is doing Exante, so we're both in the same boat and can keep each other motivated. Not to mention a little bit of healthy competition. I think it's what kept us both going the first time round.

I've just got back in from the christening, I am now officially a godmother!! And I've had my last meal for a long while. Looking at the photo's has made me realise I've still got a way to go, even though people who haven't seen me since I lost all the weight told me I looked fab I'm not satisfied.

Now it's the start of the diet big time, and I can't wait. I'm proud of what I've achieved so far almost 1 stone gone since I started, now I just need to get the last 1st 13lbs off. And there's nothing standing in my way now yay!

Congratulations on being a godmother! Here's to you shifting the last bit and looking even more of a Las Vegas showgirl x

Nicely done Surfhunny! I wish I was already where you are and congrats on being a godmother :)

wow! its so hard isnt it when there are planned days off??!!! i have some days off at easter so am looking at some sts weeks during the hols!! good luck and well done so far

glad the christening went well. hope you're back on track now :D

27lbs isn't much left..... 2 months or so should do it.

Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is going to be a long moany post:wave_cry:.

I'm really struggling to get back on track after the weekend. I had a planned day off for my goddaughters Christening on Sunday. I feel absolutely terrible because I had every intention of getting straight back on track on Monday but the medical reps brought in cream cakes, and I managed to justify having one. Then today one of the staff members was retiring so there was a buffet organised for her and it's considered really bad form not to attend. I took my tetra but as soon as I walked in I knew I couldn't stop myself.:cry:

I keep thinking to myself that I can do SW or WW and lose 2lbs a week and still eat and enjoy myself instead of restricting myself and feeling guilty when I can't eat at functions etc. It seems that everytime I get started and feel positive something crops up. My friends are less than supportive and say things like 'one night off won't hurt' but they have no idea how hard it is to get back on track after that one night.

I'm actually so fed up right now I could cry:cry:, I just want to lock myself away for a month and get on with the diet alone, but I can't it's my best friends birthday soon and everyone is going out for a meal and drinks, I've never missed her birthday and I really don't want to miss this one, but I have no idea what to do. Last time I did CDC I started in August 08 and most of my family birthdays etc are in the first half of the year so I found it easy.

I really want to be at target for my birthday at the end of May, but the way things are going it's never going to happen and the only reason I do CD is because of the great losses first time round. But this time it's not happening for me. 2lbs a week is soul destroying when I think about it. I'm not sure why the losses are so low this time round, I'm tending to blame the Pill because I wasn't on it last time, but I don't know if it's true.

I'm also scared to death that I've messed up my metabolism. Last year I was doing 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off because my boyfriend worked off shore, and I found it easy to stick to it when he was away and have treats when he was home. But since we split up in December I put a stone on and decided to go for it on CD properly, but I can't seem to shift more than 2lbs a week, no matter how perfectly I stick to it. Is my metabolism screwed:confused:?

And now because of my stupid drinking session on Sunday I've put on 7lbs. I'm so gutted, I can't seem to get out of this self-destruct cycle I'm in and I hate it. I want to have a good loss just once to spur me on a bit, to prove that it can be done. I feel so miserable right now:cry:. To top it all off my CDC is away and I have no one I can talk to about how I'm feeling at the moment, because no-one really approves of this diet. I really wanted to prove to my CDC that I could do this while she was away and not put on weight like I have done every other time she's been away, but yet again I've failed:break_diet:I don't know what to do, I feel so bad. I know people will say don't beat myself up about it, which is exactly what I'd say to others, but it just feels totally hopeless at the moment.:cry:

Oh hunni, I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Please don't cry.

I honestly believe that in order to succeed on this diet, you have to really want not only to do it, but accept that things are not going to be easy, that temptation will rear it's ugly head and above all, you have to be motivated.

I know exactly what you mean about people not being supportive etc and saying one night off won't hurt - the fact is they don't understand the plan and how it works and the effect that one night off would have. I've also found that because a lot of them have admitted that they couldn't stick to it, that they think it's silly, stupid or dangerous to do and therefore they're not as supportive as they would be on WW or SW. My family support me as they know I'll only do it if it's right for me, I know my sister doesn't agree 100% but she supports me still.

You had a planned day off for the christening and there's nothing wrong with that at all. At the end of the day, life goes on and you still have to have a life whilst doing Cambridge. Think about how many times you've resisted the cream cakes from the medical reps. And the fact you took your tetra with you to the buffet shows that you haven't given up.

It sounds as though your heads not completely with the diet and I find that works against you - it certainly does for me. I 'cheated' myself last week a few times and then felt guilty for doing it. So now what I do is think about why I'm doing Cambridge and what result I want and decide if whatever it is that's troubling me is worth coming off plan for or not.

I've said in the past that I didn't want to be fat and 21. Then it was fat and 25, and then 28 and now it's 30 (in July eeek). But each time I've dieted, I've made the decision that my enjoyment and life was more important that getting my weight down for that age target. This time, I'm prepared to sacrifice things in order to get there but I'm not giving up on life completely - I'll never get these months back. I know you want to get to target for your birthday and you want to look fab for Vegas but will it be the end of the world if it takes you a bit longer to get to target? Have a think and hopefully you'll be able to make sense of how you feel and what's best for you. If you want a little food, maybe try SS+ or 810? I'm doing the 810 and my losses have been good so far. I tried SS+ and I felt awful on it.

As for metabolism, it's a funny thing. With a VLCD/LCD like Cambridge, it often takes weeks for your metabolism to catch up and regulate itself to the new intake of energy etc. It's playing havoc with my TOTM - I'm on a type of pill that means I don't have a physical show but since starting this plan, it's every other week and I'm positive that Tesco must think I'm selling their feminine hygiene products on! I asked my CDC and she said that it can play havoc with it. If you think the pill is causing a problem, maybe think about changing to a coil or injection?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings and there's no need to apologise for getting things of your chest - tis what we're here for.

You're only down the road from me so if you ever wanted a chat over a glass of water then let me know. Or if you want, inbox me and I can give you my mobile number and you can get things off your chest. As BT would tell you, "It's good to talk".

Hope you're feeling brighter soon xxx

hiya

i posted a reply in your main post that you left. just let me know if you need some more support. we're all here for you, we're all going through the same diet and we all know how hard and challenging it is.

i've got matthew's birthday in around 3 weeks time (22.4.10) and we're off to pizza express, my choice, cause i know i can get a tuna salad there so i can stick to my diet. dude's going to have a birthday cake but again i will probably not eat any of it. then on the 28.4.10 we fly out to disneyland paris so i'm going to have to stay strong and stick to some sort of CD diet.

i'm on the depo obsy and it's playing havoc with me. i don't normally get periods but i've got one now.... :eek: so i feel so tired all the time due to it. look a bit bloated too and my last 2 weigh ins have been naff.

you feelig any better today?

Back