Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

I'm starting to regret starting the Biggest Loser thread. I'm not great at explaining things and it all seems to be getting complicated, the trouble with it being so big I guess. Still I'll persevere with it, too many people to let down otherwise.

It'll be fine once this first week is over. The it'll be plain sailing! Big thanks to you for doing it!

I hope so, I hope it helps motivate people. Getting started and getting motivated is tough, I hope people pull together and support each other.

I am sure there will be people who drop out for whatever reason, but I hope the majority stick it out! If you need a hand at all let just shout.

Morning Sal -- The sun is out here... I hope it is shinning on you way up there.

Do you work today? If so, please check on lil' dude. How dreadful this must be for Nikki.

Aw thank you Mel you're a star. My boiler is playing up too, mine will give me scalding hot water for five minutes then it runs freezing cold, I have to turn the tap off and put it back on again to get more hot water, it's a right pain. It's either a very quick show or mess on filling the bath by turning the tap on and off. Getting people's recommendations for plumbers at the moment.

Do you have one of those boiler plans? Our landlord does (but it is a very basic one). The heat kicked off once last night -- but we think it was just not reset correctly. For a minute there I was alarmed. But we are still warm and have hot water atm. I hope you get it sorted soon.

It'll be fine once this first week is over. The it'll be plain sailing! Big thanks to you for doing it!

What Kez said!

I hope so, I hope it helps motivate people. Getting started and getting motivated is tough, I hope people pull together and support each other.

It is certainly motivating Carolineg... she is going exercise mad. I better get off my bum... you Black Teamers will totally humiliate us.

Mel

Huh only 4lbs off first WI. Not impressed at all. But CDC told me not to worry, she looked back at my old sheet and said every time I've started after a break my second week has been better, so here's hoping.

my first time with julie. i lost 6lbs first week then 9lbs the 2nd. then every time after that it's been 10 to 11lbs. this time i'm thinking about 5-7lbs. haven't lost much though since monday but i'm very constipated and i've hardly had any water during the week.

in ketosis anyway.

looks like dude's got to go under again. got to back tomorrow for assessment. asked if it was gaping... yes it is! grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Oh no :( poor dude he's not having much luck bless him.

Keep going my dear, you're doing great! x

I noticed that today is the 7th of Jan. exactly a year ago today I was in the worst pain of my life. I tore my calf muscle and began the long road to recovery with 9 weeks off work. A year later it's still significantly swollen compared to my right leg :( and still hurts sometimes. But for the most part it's better and I'm glad.

Interestingly I'm exactly the same weight today as I was this time last year, so I've wasted a whole year. But on the positive side at least I'm not heavier than I was this time last year!!

i remember it all sally. you really struggled on cd while you were off those 9 weeks, but tried so hard not to put any weight on with being off your feet.

you haven't wasted a year. this time last year i was 11st 7lbs. i'm now 13st. i'm the one that b*ggered up here!

i have struggled thursday, friday and today. i think i'm full of emotion for my little guy. very tired too with getting up at 6.30am every day this week. not looking at a great first weigh in. just trying to get on with it.

Happy Monday, Sal!

Huh only 4lbs off first WI. Not impressed at all. But CDC told me not to worry, she looked back at my old sheet and said every time I've started after a break my second week has been better, so here's hoping.

She sounds like a fab CWPC. And, four pounds would be an amazing loss for me! jealous.com

4 lbs is great Sal xx

My thoughts exactly.

Keep going my dear, you're doing great! x

My thoughts exactly.

i remember it all sally. you really struggled on cd while you were off those 9 weeks, but tried so hard not to put any weight on with being off your feet.

I remember, too.

you haven't wasted a year. this time last year i was 11st 7lbs. i'm now 13st. i'm the one that b*ggered up here!

(((((HUGS)))) Nikki. But, remember you are still sooooo much lighter and healthier than you were once upon a time.

i have struggled thursday, friday and today. i think i'm full of emotion for my little guy. very tired too with getting up at 6.30am every day this week. not looking at a great first weigh in. just trying to get on with it.

Good Luck with it. And, I am glad Lil' Dude is better.

Sal,

Thanks for doing the BL challenge. I am finding it motivational, even if my first week's losses might not reflect it.

Mel

sally you are a trend setter. 4lbs off for me too! :)

I've had a terrible day today, not dietwise thank god. I've had a bit of a run in with management :( I'm actually thinking of ringing HR tomorrow for advice. I've got a hospital appointment to have my mole removed and biopsied. But I've been rota'd to work the night shift the day of the appointment. The Dr has advised that I don't go to work until the next day. So I went to tell the managers that I'd not beable to do the night shift.

They then asked whether I need to have the mole removed, was it really necessary? To which I replied 'If I don't want to die, then yes it's really necessary.' It's not quite the case at all, but if management are going to take that tack with me I'll do the same back. To be honest I didn't have to tell them what I was having done, I wish I hadn't been so honest. I've basically given them plenty of notice to sort out cover for the shift and they've thrown it all back on me saying I have to swap my shift because it's planned sickness and not up to them to cover, so if I want that night off I have to get it covered myself or work it.

The rules change however, if I was on a day shift, I'd have been allowed to take time off as scheduled sick leave. This is why I think I'm going to call HR, because I'm not sure you can have one reule for one type of shift and one rule for the other. I'm livid!!!

As it is I've managed to swap with a colleague so I'm nights the night before the op, which isn't ideal but at least I'm not having to worry about coming in for a night shift which is the most strenuous shift.

I have to confess to a bit of a slip up last night. I got called into work at 7:45 and when I got there the doctor had tea and cake waiting for me to apologise for calling me in. I felt rude not eating his cake and also I really really wanted it, so I ate it. But it was enough sugar to kick me out of ketosis :( Slap on wrists for me.

Wow Danny still looks great on Biggest Loser. It just goes to show they do keep the weight off. I follow a lot of them on Twitter and everyone seems to battle with their weight still but are so motivated to keep it off. Shay and Amanda are my heroes!!!

I'm also quite stressed about this Biggest Loser Challenge. I wish I'd never started it now. I feel like I'm constantly having to nag people to post their weights and that's not what I wanted. It's partly why I wanted to keep it small but it feels awful telling people the challenge is full.

To be honest there's not much anyone can do to help with it, the hard part is getting people's weights the spread sheet is easy to manage. Urrgh I'm not cut out to be a leader.

New glasses!! Cost me a fortune but I love love love them!!! Thank you mr Ralph Lauren. :)

image-4048135386.jpg

Nice glasses shame about the fat face :(

Back