Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Jessie Pavelka yum yum!! Could just be my ideal man. And he makes fat people thin, match made in heaven!!!

image-3164125933.png

Love his guns :)

Attachments

• image-2461564726.png
    image-2461564726.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 27
New glasses!! Cost me a fortune but I love love love them!!! Thank you mr Ralph Lauren. :)

View attachment 23827

Nice glasses shame about the fat face :(

what fat face? you've a look of julie about you! :)

i've decided i hate this new season of biggest loser US.... i hate them doing the race thing. the people who come last need it the most! that cancer sufferer.... she really really wanted it! it's rubbish!

I'm too blind to have metal glasses, even with thin and light lenses theyre still quite thick so plastic frames hide that. My old glasses were metal and looked terrible.

i'm blind too lol. -6.75 in both eyes. with a diagonal astigmatism /. .\

I'm -6.25 in right and -5.75 in left. I could get the lenses thinned more to go in metal frames but it was £300 :eek: and frames were expensive enough without going quite that far. I'm surprised I actually found a pair I liked because I'm so fussy!!!

Surfhunny said:
I'm -6.25 in right and -5.75 in left. I could get the lenses thinned more to go in metal frames but it was £300 :eek: and frames were expensive enough without going quite that far. I'm surprised I actually found a pair I liked because I'm so fussy!!!

Yep. It's all very expensive! I get thin ones but I'm one up from the thinnest. It costs me about £150 for lenses then there's the frames. My last frames and these (which were the same ones) were £20! I love them but they're past it completely! Such a shame that they're now discontinued. I need them right and grippy and reasonable sized lenses!

Hi Sal,

And, thanks for doing the Biggest Loser thing. I am sorry people are being difficult.

New glasses!! Cost me a fortune but I love love love them!!! Thank you mr Ralph Lauren. :)

View attachment 23827

Nice glasses shame about the fat face :(

I had just thought your face looks so thin... then you said, "Fat Face." Interesting. Your face is in no way fat. You should have that prescription rechecked (my eyes are pretty good BTW).

Yep. It's all very expensive! I get thin ones but I'm one up from the thinnest. It costs me about £150 for lenses then there's the frames. My last frames and these (which were the same ones) were £20! I love them but they're past it completely! Such a shame that they're now discontinued. I need them right and grippy and reasonable sized lenses!

My DH the same. His American optometrist once told him, "I'm torn... I am not sure if I shoudl write you an eyeglass prescription or one to get a seeing eye dog!"

Have either of you considered Lasik? I am pushing DH to get it done.

My dad had some eye thing done a couple of years ago and he nolonger needs reading glasses (never needed the distance ones).

Mel

Oh dear god, I've just realised its 4:15 I've had no shakes and only two cups of tea :eek: Got lots of catching up to do, off to drink some water!!

Hi Sal,

And, thanks for doing the Biggest Loser thing. I am sorry people are being difficult.

I had just thought your face looks so thin... then you said, "Fat Face." Interesting. Your face is in no way fat. You should have that prescription rechecked (my eyes are pretty good BTW).

My DH the same. His American optometrist once told him, "I'm torn... I am not sure if I shoudl write you an eyeglass prescription or one to get a seeing eye dog!"

My dad had some eye thing done a couple of years ago and he nolonger needs reading glasses (never needed the distance ones).

Mel

i've been for a consultation... well 3. it's going to cost just under £4000. we'll pay off our debts then i will save for it to be done. i want it done. i'm desperate. it costs so much cause of my astigmatism and prescription.

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sal,

I'm hoping once people get used to posting their weights on a Tuesday it'll get easier. There'll always be someone whose WI is the day after no matter which day I say, so it's just tough, I've given people options and if they choose not to follow them then it's not my problem! And it's not fair to keep the majority waiting.

As for LASIK I'd love to have it done, I think I might go for a consultation to see if I'm a good candidate and see the cost etc. I'd been putting it off because I hadn't had my eyes tested for about 5 years. But they haven't changed much

Happy Friday the 13th!!!

i've been for a consultation... well 3. it's going to cost just under £4000. we'll pay off our debts then i will save for it to be done. i want it done. i'm desperate. it costs so much cause of my astigmatism and prescription.

WOW -- that is a serious chunk fo change. I still want DH to get it done. I need make him an appointment for a consultation.

I'm hoping once people get used to posting their weights on a Tuesday it'll get easier. There'll always be someone whose WI is the day after no matter which day I say, so it's just tough, I've given people options and if they choose not to follow them then it's not my problem! And it's not fair to keep the majority waiting.

As for LASIK I'd love to have it done, I think I might go for a consultation to see if I'm a good candidate and see the cost etc. I'd been putting it off because I hadn't had my eyes tested for about 5 years. But they haven't changed much

Here is a funny thing about eyes... when I was at my goal weight in 1994 I wore glasses (mild prescription). When I gained the weight (about 3 stone) after I loved to the U.K. I did not need the glasses. When I lost the weight on LL in 2008 -- I needed them again!

Here is a funny thing about eyes... when I was at my goal weight in 1994 I wore glasses (mild prescription). When I gained the weight (about 3 stone) after I loved to the U.K. I did not need the glasses. When I lost the weight on LL in 2008 -- I needed them again!

very odd mel!

Well another 4lbs down for me, just keep it going like that and I'll be happy. I got shiny new scales yesterday, they weren't the ones I thought I'd ordered but they are the ones I really wanted so I'm happy. Not so happy with the fact that they're telling me I have 44% body fat and my muscle mass is 30%. Not loving the 44% fat business. I had 44% body fat when I was 18st, why still now???

was that first thing this am? if not, it is not accurate! :D 4lbs is great! i've been not so good today. been stressed and out most of the day. i went to teesside park to get emily another bottle with her name on it as hers has gone awol. dude picked up some wine gums and bit into it so i ended up buying them. i went to clarks to get him some more shoes. i lost his first lot, bought some more but he keeps weeing on them so i thought i'd buy him another pair. we had to wait so to pasify him i opened the gums and i ate 3! :( just had a bad day. will pull it back tomorrow and do 4 shakes for the 2 days. just had 1 shake, 1 tuna meal, a bit of cheese and 3 wine gums. i ended up getting him 2 pairs of shoes as they were half price in the sale! have yet to tell hubby :eek:

Happy Weekend , Sal.

The sun is shining here in Cambs, I hope it is up north, too.

Well another 4lbs down for me, just keep it going like that and I'll be happy. I got shiny new scales yesterday, they weren't the ones I thought I'd ordered but they are the ones I really wanted so I'm happy. Not so happy with the fact that they're telling me I have 44% body fat and my muscle mass is 30%. Not loving the 44% fat business. I had 44% body fat when I was 18st, why still now???

Hummm, you just showed a loss of fat (the four pounds). So, although I think daily weighing in a bad idea -- for this week -- keep up with your water and weigh daily and watch how the ratios of water to fat shift. You should see your water go up and up, then have a loss of weight, and the ratios reset. It is fascinating to watch HOW your body substitutes water weight for the fat you are losing... until it has no choice but to lose the water.

was that first thing this am? if not, it is not accurate! :D 4lbs is great! i've been not so good today. been stressed and out most of the day. i went to teesside park to get emily another bottle with her name on it as hers has gone awol.

Did you get another bottle?

dude picked up some wine gums and bit into it so i ended up buying them.

Better than my son putting on lipstick and my having to buy some pricey shade that is not my colour! (Fortunately, it looked fab on my darker complexed friend, so I gave it to her.)

i went to clarks to get him some more shoes. i lost his first lot, (At home?) bought some more but he keeps weeing on them so i thought i'd buy him another pair. we had to wait so to pacify him i opened the gums and i ate 3! :(

Three Winegums is nothing!

just had a bad day. will pull it back tomorrow :) and do 4 shakes for the 2 days. :) just had 1 shake, 1 tuna meal, a bit of cheese and 3 wine gums. i ended up getting him 2 pairs of shoes as they were half price in the sale! have yet to tell hubby :eek:

Dude needs them, they were a bargain, and you are working -- so I hope he says, "Well done!"

If you are worried about water bottles and shoes.... then Dude's injury must be doing well... so that is very good news!

My diet has well and truly gone out of the window today. My gran is so so ill, she's 92 and has heart failure and to be honest I think she's not got long left. Tonight when I went to visit her and she's so frail and ill, she was drifting between awake and asleep. My dad is staying with her tonight, she can't be left alone. And they're getting her into hospital tomorrow. But because I'm so stressed I've just filled my face all day.

I'm trying hard to be strong for my dad but inside I'm collapsing too, and today I just ate the world because it made me feel better. I don't intend this to carry on but I have completely fcuked today up. Im nights tomorrow so I'm going to try and pull it back and get back on track. If I don't my weight will balloon quite quickly and I can't let that happen. I'm going to text my CDC in the morning to let her know what's going on with me and my diet but I can't quit it.

Last edited:
Back