Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Happy Friday the 13th!

Rubbish day yesterday, I found out that a close colleague has had a stroke. He's only in his 40's so big shock! Plus I've got a stinking cold, sore throat, headache, snot the works :( I'm not good with illness do feel really moany and sorry for myself. As a result fell off the wagon big time yesterday, it started with a strepsil and ended with a Chinese takeaway.

But today is a good day, I've been 100% and have no intention of cheating today at all, as it would involve getting dressed and going out lol. I need to get back into ketosis quickly and back on the wagon!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Hi Sal,

Glad you've bounced back -- very sad about your co-worker.

Hi Sally. Hope you're back at it. Sorry bout your co-worker. Bit pessimistic these days bout illnesses and death.

image-1336113843.jpg

My god I'm in agony :cry: toothache is beyond a joke :( Got an emergency appointment with dentist this morning and got given antibiotics. I hope they kick in soon cos I want this bad boy out of my mouth, it's a baby tooth so if it is an abscess there's nothing that can be done to save it. Been through all this 4 years ago and had months of pain and trips to the dentist so there'll be no messing about this time, just deal with it!!

On the plus side I can't eat even if I wanted to, but it's upsetting that I can't tolerate hot tea either, gutting :(

I just want the pain to go away :cry: it feels worse than when I tore my calf muscle, I feel so sorry for myself :cry:

Surfhunny said:
My god I'm in agony :cry: toothache is beyond a joke :( Got an emergency appointment with dentist this morning and got given antibiotics. I hope they kick in soon cos I want this bad boy out of my mouth, it's a baby tooth so if it is an abscess there's nothing that can be done to save it. Been through all this 4 years ago and had months of pain and trips to the dentist so there'll be no messing about this time, just deal with it!!

On the plus side I can't eat even if I wanted to, but it's upsetting that I can't tolerate hot tea either, gutting :(

I just want the pain to go away :cry: it feels worse than when I tore my calf muscle, I feel so sorry for myself :cry:

I hope it gets sorted soon.

Hav things sorted with the trip?

Toothache is hell. I had a root canal the other year. It got an infection under the temp cover. I was living on pain killers and crying.

great things said:
Toothache is hell. I had a root canal the other year. It got an infection under the temp cover. I was living on pain killers and crying.

You can see?

MinnieMel said:
You can see?

The op is Thursday... I am so confused.

Morning Sal,

Any better?

No I'm so dosed up on painkillers but it doesn't seem to help, my tooth is throbbing. I've spent a lot of the day in tears at work, and people keep asking if I've taken painkillers.... What a stupid question of course I've taken sodding painkillers, I can't take any more without giving myself liver failure, and even that seems like a good alternative right now :(

I'm going to ring the dentist tomorrow morning because I can't cope much longer. That'll have given the antibiotics 3 days to work, I just want the tooth out now.

Surfhunny said:
No I'm so dosed up on painkillers but it doesn't seem to help, my tooth is throbbing. I've spent a lot of the day in tears at work, and people keep asking if I've taken painkillers.... What a stupid question of course I've taken sodding painkillers, I can't take any more without giving myself liver failure, and even that seems like a good alternative right now :(

I'm going to ring the dentist tomorrow morning because I can't cope much longer. That'll have given the antibiotics 3 days to work, I just want the tooth out now.

Poor you. (((((HUGS)))))

I rang the dentist first thing this morning, tooth was really throbbing, told them that I was still in pain and was told to go back. The dentist told me she could try and treat it by drilling to the root and packing it but ultimately I'd probably end up having the tooth out anyway, but she said it was up to me, so I got her to take it out. It was a baby tooth, it had to fail eventually, I've had it for 30 something years.

So now it's gone and the pain is better, just have the pain from the extraction now, but that's not as bad as the tooth pain!! Relief..... Until time comes to pay got the bridge that I'll inevitably need :eek:

Surfhunny said:
I rang the dentist first thing this morning, tooth was really throbbing, told them that I was still in pain and was told to go back. The dentist told me she could try and treat it by drilling to the root and packing it but ultimately I'd probably end up having the tooth out anyway, but she said it was up to me, so I got her to take it out. It was a baby tooth, it had to fail eventually, I've had it for 30 something years.

So now it's gone and the pain is better, just have the pain from the extraction now, but that's not as bad as the tooth pain!! Relief..... Until time comes to pay got the bridge that I'll inevitably need :eek:

I'm glad you've gotten sorted and are on the mend.

So glad your tooth is out. Such relief to be rid of pain.

Morning Sally,

I hope you have a good weekend.

Thanks Mel, I'm shattered to be honest! I'm glad to be off this weekend to recuperate, I feel completely washed out, run down and miserable. I hadn't quite recovered from a cold only to be hit with dental problems :( Now I'm paranoid that the tooth in front of the one they removed is sore. I'm sure it's just because I've had it's neighbour removed and that's all but it's a bit tender too :eek: I'm positive they've removed the right tooth cos I feel do much better, cut right down on the painkillers now but I'm a born worrier and I'm worried :cry:

I just want to feel normal again!!!

Can't blame you for that... But we're you ever really normal? ;). I'm sure it s referred pain. Give it a few days.

I agree with mel. You know yourself the right tooth has been removed.

Just sleep all day and you'll be fine!

Today I'm getting back on diet plan 1200. It's hard though :( I'd rather be on the 810 with 4 products and extra milk.

great things said:
I agree with mel. You know yourself the right tooth has been removed.

Just sleep all day and you'll be fine!

Today I'm getting back on diet plan 1200. It's hard though :( I'd rather be on the 810 with 4 products and extra milk.

Do you have to do this for recovery?

Morning Sal!

I hope your tooth is much better, now.

Back