Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

How you getting on sal? I cant believe how dead mms is these days? And how much misguided advice is flying around. Day 2 for me....bored already. Lol

Not too bad Kerry, day 1 tomorrow, had every intention of starting yesterday but still had too much left in cupboards and didn't want to throw it out (excuses excuses I know) so it's all gone as of this evening.

Sadly I think minis lost a lot of good people when the CDCs were advised to keep off and stick with the official CD forum. People like KD used to offer fab advice and crack down on the b*ll*cks that's talked on here. I pretty much stick to my diary, Nikkis and a few others because I know them.

There does seem to be a lot of new starters and people don't seem to stick around too long anymore it's sad really. But me and Nikki are still here. I'll probably be more regular again now I'm back on it!

Have you got a new diary going?

Surfhunny said:
Not too bad Kerry, day 1 tomorrow, had every intention of starting yesterday but still had too much left in cupboards and didn't want to throw it out (excuses excuses I know) so it's all gone as of this evening.

Sadly I think minis lost a lot of good people when the CDCs were advised to keep off and stick with the official CD forum. People like KD used to offer fab advice and crack down on the b*ll*cks that's talked on here. I pretty much stick to my diary, Nikkis and a few others because I know them.

There does seem to be a lot of new starters and people don't seem to stick around too long anymore it's sad really. But me and Nikki are still here. I'll probably be more regular again now I'm back on it!

Have you got a new diary going?

Me, too -- Sal.

I was told a few people were banned from the forum because of various rules violations.

P.S. You should change your thread title -- what's your next big event?

I think a fair few people got deleted because they are linked to fb pages.

cornishkez said:
I think a fair few people got deleted because they are linked to fb pages.

Hmm yes, I read about that, which is why I don't mention a certain FB page I'm linked too, because I don't want to be barred, but the support from there is invaluable. It's like minis was in the old days. People supporting SS and not advocating cheats and what they can get away with and still lose weight, which is one of my biggest bug bares with this site.

Hi Sal :wavey:

Thought I'd drop in and say hello too. It's October tomorrow, so it was high time I came back for another go at Cambridge. I'm currently the biggest I've been since losing weight the first time around, grrr, so boy oh boy do I need to get some poundage off... :(

Glad you had a good holiday.

I thought it was just me. It really isn't the same around here, is it? Such a shame. There's so much bad advice being given too.

Still, it's really good that there are so many familiar faces lurking here in the diary section. :D All the best with your restart. I've just managed to limp to day 3 (a tub of cottage cheese may have found its way into my gob at tea time but I figure it could've been far worse!). I'm really making an effort to guzzle loads of water this time and it does seem to be helping. Onwards and downwards! :D

1st oct tomorrow and I'm back! Wine has gone from the cupboards so bring on grumpy me for 1 or 2 weeks. No alcohol til Xmas now.

great things said:
1st oct tomorrow and I'm back! Wine has gone from the cupboards so bring on grumpy me for 1 or 2 weeks. No alcohol til Xmas now.

Good plan. I have no nuts and did not buy any!

New month new start for us all ladies! We can do it, we're veterans!! I've got a magical little gadget that's going to make meal times at work a whole lot easier. It's called a Vexo Mixer a little costly at £20 but worth every penny. My mum got one (tornado mixer) from eBay for £10 though, it's exactly the same.

image-3186527511.jpg

Vexo mixer - my lively little whizzer

image-3054453168.jpg

Fatty me and my friend Rich at Universal

image-2025635481.jpg

Fatty me and the girlies at Disney.

Motivational pictures to get me started.

You don't look fat at all. You look good. It looks like a lot of fun.

Hiya. Hope you're doing ok. I feel I should admit myself to JC to have my gob down up with just a hole for a straw. Doing 810 but really want to be ss, prob with milk though!

ZwGod I don't know what's wrong with me, I just can't seem to get my head back in the game!! :( I think it's because I know I don't see my CDC until the 12th so I've given myself a bit too much leeway and now I just can't seem to get back on it. I know when I see my weight on Friday ill be shocked into doing it again but right now I'm struggling with the thought of giving up food again. But we all know the only way I can do this is SS. Aaargh give me strength!!!

Surf hunny I understand

You'll allow yourself all week if you can before you meet with your CDC
I am restarting again after 8 day break and its sooooo hard!!!
Keep thinking ill just eat today get all out if my system and will start tomorrow BUT my tomorrow never comes!!!
It's harder than anything I've ever done but results are fast and great!
I'm the fattest I want to be I want to feel comfortable and proud of myself not ashamed anymore. Or embarrassed.

Hey Sally. Me too. I know first week could be 11lbs down. I'd feel amazing and be buzzing.

I'm struggling myself you'd think the moon being aleigned and all with us 'oldies' that we'd be sorted.

Are you stressed? I am. Bad kid parents evening, ems havin nits, bathroom organising, hubby working loads.

Let's start together. Fresh start tomorrow. We need a dose of bob!

My dad came back from hols last night. Was wishing it was both parents. Have had a good cry today. Was thinking I wished I screamed at my mum not to leave me.

Hang in there -- start now and know that you're on your way.

great things said:
Hey Sally. Me too. I know first week could be 11lbs down. I'd feel amazing and be buzzing.

I'm struggling myself you'd think the moon being aleigned and all with us 'oldies' that we'd be sorted.

Are you stressed? I am. Bad kid parents evening, ems havin nits, bathroom organising, hubby working loads.

Let's start together. Fresh start tomorrow. We need a dose of bob!

My dad came back from hols last night. Was wishing it was both parents. Have had a good cry today. Was thinking I wished I screamed at my mum not to leave me.

I'm with you, two... Too!

I got The Biggest Loser for the Wii so that's my "Bob" I'll open it and get back on track, too.

All I have is my dad and he's getting ready to have another operation - so, I feel your pain, Nikki!

Wow if ever there's a wake up call to go on a diet I've just had it!!! One of the assistants at work has just asked me "How's bump?" And then when I told her I'm not actually pregnant she argued with me that I was. I think I'd have registered that little life event!! It was bad enough to be insulted but then to actually have to try and convince her that I'm just fat was mortifying :cry: I know I've put on a stone but seriously, I didn't think I looked pregnant :eek: gutted :cry:

Surfhunny said:
Wow if ever there's a wake up call to go on a diet I've just had it!!! One of the assistants at work has just asked me "How's bump?" And then when I told her I'm not actually pregnant she argued with me that I was. I think I'd have registered that little life event!! It was bad enough to be insulted but then to actually have to try and convince her that I'm just fat was mortifying :cry: I know I've put on a stone but seriously, I didn't think I looked pregnant :eek: gutted :cry:

OMG what a cow. It might have been what you were wearing.

MinnieMel said:
OMG what a cow. It might have been what you were wearing.

I was wearing my uniform, which isn't flattering but it's the same one I've worn for years.

First weigh in for nearly 7 weeks and I'm dreading it, I've no idea how much extra to the holiday 8lbs I've gained. But what ever the scales say tomorrow it really is time to bite the bullet and get on with it!! I can be almost do e for Christmas, but I'm not setting any goals or targets, I just want to see a loss every single week!

Well according to my scales I've gained 18lbs in 7 weeks. That's bloody shocking :O but I guess 8lbs of that was in 2 weeks in America so 10lbs in 5 weeks is 2 lbs a week. Jeez that's still bad :(

Listen to me trying to justify it all. I can't I ate too much and didn't care about the consequences so now I have to pay the price. DREADING what CDC will say :cry: I have almost gained everything I lost since May boo.

Okay what's done is done, this can go one of two ways. I can either admit defeat, it's far too hard to be thin, OR I can crack on with SS and give it all I've got, no half measures!

If I choose the first option I'm likely to eat myself stupid and put my health in danger, so option 2 is really the only way. I've got two months before I'm due back at the nurse for a pill check I'd like to have shifted my gain by then as she will without a doubt put me on the scales.

Plus I have a whole wardrobe of new clothes that just don't fit anymore, I'd like to be able to wear them for Christmas!!

So......
1/ I'm not setting a goal weight, I'll know it when I'm there.
2/ I'm going to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this diet
3/ I'm not going to let slip ups derail me And...
4/ I'm going to stay positive and find positive posts to keep me going, no more negativity and talk of how hard I think it is!!

Back