Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

hope your feeling a little more lifted today x
I saw a while ago you made some crisps?? Do you remember how you did it?

Ah hun, big hugs coming your way!

I know it's easy for us people coupled up to say 'It's ok, there is someone out there for you'. But it's true!

How did you meet AP? Do you have any single friends at all? Do you ever meet people through work? Could you create a new circle of friends? I'm not saying ditch the ones you've got.

Do you go to any classes? Dancing, aerobics etc? I know it's all cliche's but I'm just trying to think of useful ideas? lol
Thanks hun. Yep every one of my friends is in a relationship, I'm the only single one :(. I met AP on match.com I'm tempted to go back on there but I'm not really convinced it'll work again, AP was pure luck. I'd been on there for 4 years and was just about to cancel my membership when I got AP's email. When I think about the amount of money I spent on that site over the years...:mad:

I really don't know what to do. The reason I don't think match will work again for me is because I'm pretty superficial when it comes to men - I need to feel a connection and I'm sure I pass on some perfectly nice guys because their photo's aren't that great. Plus I've been on that manyu bad dates I don't know if I'm ready to start going through all the really bad dates to try and find a good one. It's catch 22 isn't it? There has got to be an easier way:sigh:.

Everyone I know who's met their OH on line, it's been the first date they've been on. I've been on that many they all blend into one. Am I just too fussy? A friend said I should just settle for being with someone who isn't quite right. I don't want to just 'settle' for someone just so I can be with someone.

God I'm a walking contradiction!! I want my 'one' I'm sick of waiting, no-one I know has 'settled' for someone so why should I?

hope your feeling a little more lifted today x
I saw a while ago you made some crisps?? Do you remember how you did it?

I'm still feeling pretty down:cry:, I've tried to keep busy today to keep my mind off my lack of OH, but everywhere I've been today there's been tons of couples and pregnant women. I know there's probably no more than normal, it's just that I'm noticing them more.

Crisps - from what I can remember....

Mix one packet of soup to a runny paste,
Pour paste out onto microwavable plate.
Put in microwave for 30s (this bit is trial and error a bit).
As soon as cooked scrape off the plate or it will get stuck.

The way I do it with the scraping gives you flakes as apposed to crisps. You can do it on baking paper or grease proof (can't remember which sorry). I haven't done it for ages cos I've gone off soups.

Try this thread for other ideas. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

Sorry to hear bout the plague of couples and pregnant women, i use to feel like that but you will find him.

Thanks for the receipe
I've just tried the crisps, they are nice but very salty. I have completley gone off the soups so trying to use them up. x x

It's funny how you can totally go off them. I haven't found that with any of the other products. Ask your CDC if you can swap them, if you can get them to her before your next WI.

I'm just being a grump because I want to go and do couply things again. I miss that, not AP so much anymore but the things we did together. I'll get over this little slump soon enough.

I'm off to put on some false tan to brighten me up a bit, or make myself stripey one or the other, I had my legs out in cut off combats today and I was a bit shocked at just how white they are!! Wish me luck!

Ha ha the colour is okay, it's the streaks I worry about. Ah well, I'll give it a go!

hey hun

relationships are strange things. when you are on your own you want to meet someone nice to spend time with them and have fun and when you've been with someone quite some time you sometimes need some space and alone time,,,, equally true if you've got kids :)

i had a few dates in my late 20s but nothing much, friends of friends etc. all losers. i met my hubby on direct dating. i think the internet is the way forward. at least you can see if you have anything in common with them. i was 28 when i met hubby and i was 31 when i married him. 32 (just.... she was born dec, my birthday is jan) when i had emily, 35 when i had matthew. i'm 36 now.

sometimes i look back to my days of it just being hubby and i and it's nice as i could do what i wanted pretty much when i wanted - taking him into account too. it's the kids that have messed my life up, in a sense, but i wouldn't be without them. :D with kids i just can't do what i want to do when i want to do it. i have to work my life round them.

just keep on going and they'll be falling at your feet, however, around this area i think you don't really have much of a chance of meeting decent peeps... the north east is not the best place in the world in that sense. maybe try going out in guisborough lol!

i also think that you should NOT settle for someone 2nd best. i'm a firm believer in when you meet the person you want to spend your life with you will know. within the first few dates with my hubby we both knew we wanted to be with each other even though we didn't express this to each other. it turns out that he told a chap at work that he's met the person he's going to marry and i told my friend the same and that was within a couple of dates. people that settle for 2nd best tend to end up unhappily married and they put up with it, or divorced.

Thanks Great things, you're right about the NE, I might have to emmigrate, I'd quite like an Aussie lol. I've boycotted Guisborough for the time being, and Redcar, AP's haunts. I used to go out in Yarm lots when I was younger, and now I see it for the meat market it really is lol. I dunno, hopeless feeling is wearing off a bit. I always seem to get like that on the weekend at my TOTM.

I've had a really productive day today. The weather has been fantastic, so I got up early and went outside. I weeded the flower beds and discovered a primula plant that was never there before. I have no idea how it got there but it's nice. It was pretty back breaking work - I shouldn't let it get that bad really, but I'm not into gardening at all.

I cleaned the house, did 3 loads of washing and sat out in the sun for a couple of hours. Then this weird mist rolled in off the sea and it got too cold so I came in and had a bath to ease my achey back. Now I'm on here debating what to do with my evening. This is where an OH would come in handy...

Oooh I feel a bit dizzy and kind of floaty, I'm sure it's just because I'm not used doing all that gardening on very few calories. I've had a shake a bar and my chicken, so just one more shake to have a bit later on, going to make my favourite vanilla mousse. Can't wait. Hope this dizziness passes though, it's really weird, the floatiness...

evening hun u ok ?? u don't sound ure cheerful, bright self?? xx

make sure u have ure last cd x

Thank you my chicken. I have had my last CD, vanilla mousse, yum. I'll be okay, this is my first real misery fest since AP and I split up, I had a few weeks immediately after but nothing since so I'm sure I'll be fine again soon. I'm just frustrated lol.

I noticed yesterday you're from Brum, I went to uni there...lived in halls in Handsworth Wood then in Kingstanding for a couple of years. I loved it there, I'm a country girl and loved living in the city for a short while. But then glad to get back to the country again lol.

Morning my love.... i went to school in kingstanding and my dad lives there now i live in Great Barr.??

I love it when people know brum, brum lol x hope today is better for you chick..

keep smiling (shanny's watching) LOL xx

Small world hey Shanny? I keep meaning to come back down cos my old housemate from uni lives in Wolverhampton now. Time just gets away from me lol.

I can't believe this just happened… I'm sitting here in the staffroom like I do every lunch time with my tetra, and a colleague has just said this: "That diet really doesn't work does it? I've never seen you eat and you don't look like you've lost weight!" I am stunned, to be honest I didn't know what to say. I know that I haven't really lost much recently and this girl has only been herd a couple of months, but I now feel completely miserable about it. It seems like lately everyone is one my case about my diet. I don't complain about being a diet I'm just quietly getting on with it, I save my venting for minimins. I wish people would just butt out and leave me alone!! I'm not exactly feeling great at the moment as it is :-(

I'd love to just eat healthy and do exercise but if I'm losing weight slowly on a VLCD how long will it take to lose weight eating healthily? That's my plan to maintain! Grrr, people!! B

Morning my love.... i went to school in kingstanding and my dad lives there now i live in Great Barr.??

I love it when people know brum, brum lol x hope today is better for you chick..

keep smiling (shanny's watching) LOL xx

i lived there for about a year or so and we bought a house there and rented it out when i left. it was in edbaston. fab too as you could hear the cricket matches. sold the house a few years back at a great profit.

Small world hey Shanny? I keep meaning to come back down cos my old housemate from uni lives in Wolverhampton now. Time just gets away from me lol.

I can't believe this just happened… I'm sitting here in the staffroom like I do every lunch time with my tetra, and a colleague has just said this: "That diet really doesn't work does it? I've never seen you eat and you don't look like you've lost weight!" I am stunned, to be honest I didn't know what to say. I know that I haven't really lost much recently and this girl has only been herd a couple of months, but I now feel completely miserable about it. It seems like lately everyone is one my case about my diet. I don't complain about being a diet I'm just quietly getting on with it, I save my venting for minimins. I wish people would just butt out and leave me alone!! I'm not exactly feeling great at the moment as it is :-(

I'd love to just eat healthy and do exercise but if I'm losing weight slowly on a VLCD how long will it take to lose weight eating healthily? That's my plan to maintain! Grrr, people!! B

you should have just told her that she was a cheeky mare lol. some people are just so rude :eek:

I wouldn't have been so polite! Is she really skinny or could she do with losing a few lbs? If she can then I'd ask her when you next see her what diet she is going to try? If she says she's not doing a diet, just go 'oops!, my mistake' and walk away! hehehe

Ha ha normally Ive got quite an acid Tongue if someones rude but I was just so stunned. Anway typically this girl is thin, but she's started to put on weight cos she's pregnant, so she thinks she's hideously fat, which she really isn't. Next time she starts going on about how big and fat she's getting I might just agree with her!

I would, cause most people who winge about their weight are really just looking for compliments! So don't give her any...lol!

I'm not going to lol. There's very few people in the world that I can't get on with and this girl is one of them, she rubbed me up the wrong way the day she started, it's a long story, but when you're new you kind of keep your head down til you've sussed people out, but not her... She b*tched non stop about the people she used to work with at her last job. Little did she know that me and 2 of the other girls were good friends with these people. Grrr!!

I think she's got some kind of personality disorder where whatevers in her head comes out of her mouth - unfortunately it's never nice. My friend was sitting next to me at the time and afterwards the told me she was as stunned as I was. I feel like getting out my Before pictures from when I was a blimp and showing her them - "Now tell me this diet doesn't work b*tch!" Lol. Why do I think of these things hours too late? Anyway I'm rising above it and ranting on here instead. I can't be letting the likes of her get me down - I'm good at beating myself up with out her input.

I'm hungry - why? I'm off to get my last shake in a minute, but I feel like I need more!!! I am just being greedy!! Chocolate or vanilla mousse tonight??? Eeny Meeny Miny Mow.....

This miserable me is so over.........Feeling better today for some reason, I had a stern word with myself and have moved from being Negative Nelly to feeling... well not exactly positive.... but a bit less down on myself. I've kind of decided that not having kids is not the end of the world, I have my goddaughter and my neices and nephews. And if it takes me til I'm 70 to find my one then so be it. I just need to focus on not letting myself get too lonely in the meantime.

I'm a little bit annoyed because the scales haven't moved again this week. Last week I put it down to TOTM and water retention, but this week? Who knows?? I'm sure my CDC must think I'm cheating all the time, but with losses like this imagine what would happen if I cheated??

Ah well, WI tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what the 'official' scales say. I'm toying with the idea of giving SW another go because I can safely say I can achieve the same losses doing SW. I'm not sure what to do really, I'm not getting anywhere fast with CD, I think I need a good chat with my CDC. I keep putting it off now that I had that good 6lb loss, but I'll be more convinced if I could have another good loss soon. In the meantime I'm still plodding on with CD.

Right, been to WI again tonight and only another 1lb loss:sigh:. It's hard to know how I feel about that because in one sense I'm glad :D it's yet another lb off, but then again it's only 1lb:cry:!! It's forced me to rethink how I'm doing this diet. I've been doing SS+ almost since I started, and I guess if I'm completely honest I've stopped weighing my chicken breasts, I guestimate what 120g looks like:rolleyes:.

So my plan for this week is to do SS instead, take away the over estimations and the cooking full stop:D! The week I lost 6lbs I did SS, so instead of moaning about small losses and not changing anything, I'm going to have a week on SS and see if I can pull off another big one:fingerscrossed:.

I'm almost within a stone and a half of target so it's really not that far left to go. I remember getting to this point last time and being so excited, this time I don't know... maybe the closer I get to the 12 stones then I might start believing that I can actually do this again.:woohoo:

I'm feeling really positive and I'm looking forward to having an SS week. And strangely I don't think I'm going to have too many problems with it.:innocent0002: I've turned down an invitation to go out on Saturday night, right now this weight loss is more important to me that going out. There will (hopefully) be plenty more nights out once I've finished. I know that by turning down offers it means that I'm not likely to meet Mr Right, but again after a lot of soul searching:psiholog: and hard hard thinking:hmm:, I've decided that I need to focus on me, and getting me thinner, with that comes my happiness and confidence.... and I'll enjoy going out much more than I do now.

At last I have a plan and I'm happy with it.:bliss:

Back