Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Really enjoyed reading your diary, you're doing fab! Well done!!

Julia x

Aw thanks Julia, it really helps me to write :character00148: things down to get them out of my head lol, and if it helps/entertains others in the meantime well that great too!!!

I'm off to make it rain now, because I'm going out to wash my car in a minute, to take my mind off my craving for Marmite on toast :eek:. What a gorgeous day!!!:character00238:

It is a beautiful day, hopefully being outside will take my mind off food aswell. x

7 Weeks To My Birthday OMG

I've just had a look at the calendar and realised that there's only 7 weeks left to my birthday!!! And I've still got 24lbs to lose before then!!!! I'm scared that I'm not going to make it and it'll be yet another goal I fail to achieve!

I had a bit of a blip last night at my friends baby shower, I didn't drink, but ate a bit too much of the wrong things. I'd been on the straight and narrow all day so I'm hoping I haven't done too much damage, and the fact that I've only got 7 weeks to get to target has really helped focus my mind a bit more!

If I'm going to do this there can be no more off days or blips!! The first time I did CD I went for 8 weeks without a slip up, that included a 2 week holiday in Florida, so I've done it before so I can do it again. If people don't like the fact that I'm not eating that's their problem. I don't want to get to my birthday and feel disappointed in myself not because I haven't made it but because I didn't give it my all!

I know this weeks loss might not be that great because of last night, but hopefully I can have a couple of good losses like last weeks to move things along. But there's no point in trying to predict what'll happen with my losses. I'll just have to wait and see how I get on. I'm going to need all the positive thoughts I can get!

Good News!!!

Well today I figured I'd try on my smaller jeans because the ones I've been wearing are starting to look a bit baggy around the bum. I tried them on expecting them to do up but not be comfortable enough to wear, as it turns out they fit. They're a bit snug, but they look and feel fine to wear. They're a size 12 but a generous 12, but the fact is I'm back in them!!! Yay!:D

Hope your doing well?
Well done on the size 12 jeans...i don't think i have ever fitted into a size 12.

size 12 jeans :) where did you get them from? i'd love a pair that size. so jealous. :D

They're DKNY jeans, I bought four pairs in New York last time I was there. And better yet, they have a size 10 tag in them lol, but they're really 12's. They look good hanging tag out on my locker. Don't think I'm fooling anyone though.

Heston Blumenthal

I've just been watching Hestons Fairytale Feast on Channel 4, most of it has turned my stomach but the dessert, a hansel and Gretel house just looks so devine!! I don't know why I watch food programmes when I'm dieting :confused:... but at least Hestons food is usually so bizarre I don't fancy any of it, but that house.....:drool::drool::drool: Next week he's doing a Titanic Feast I dread to think what he'll come up with - the man is a genius. Looking forward to next weeks episode.:D

Being Stuck Sucks

I seem to have been stuck at 13st 10lb forever!!!! Apart from putting on then promptly losing that 6lbs after the christening I have been hovering around this point for longer than I care to remember. :cry:

I've just been on the scales and guess what 13st 10lbs!!! I've been good all week apart from a little deviation on Saturday night. I'm starting to feel the frustration :mad:creeping back in again. I'd love to get down to 12st but it's not happening. Has anyone else ever got stuck at a certain weight for a while? What did you do to drop below it?

I'm dreading my WI tomorrow, I can blame some of the STS on TOTM, but surely not all of it. I had a look at my old spreadsheet from the first time I did CDC and yeah I had a couple of weeks where the losses yoyo'd but they only lasted a couple of weeks, this has gone on for almost 2 months. I'm grateful that apart from the 6lb blip I haven't put any weight on. But I'm not at a point where I want to maintain.

This scares me a bit because if I'm maintaining on Sole Source +, how the heck am I going to maintain when I'm consuming even more calories? This might actually be something I'm going to have to talk to my CDC about tomorrow night. Usually we just chat about how the week's gone, and not really about the diet (my choice really) so tomorrow I might have to text her and warn her I want to have a serious talk.

I'm just thinking that this is all in my head.:silly: Years ago when I was doing SW I could never seem to get below 15st. I'm wondering if this is the new 15st? I little bit of a mental block which hopefully I can over come soon!! I wouldn't care if I had been really bad this week, I can accept STS's when I've had bad weeks but I haven't...boo hiss. This all makes me want to go out and eat the biggest, baddest:17729: thing I can find....I won't though, I'll just keep plodding on with the diet!! One thing is for certain when I eventually get to my target I'll probably be declared clinically insane :silly:

Hey Surf, just been catching up on your diary. It's great!! As for being stuck at a certain weight, remember when you'd spur me on and encouragedme when I kept complaining about being stuck at 220?? Well I'm over that hump now freefalling the 210s were a breeze!! What worked was stopping the cd yoyo cycle. I moved up to 810 for two weeks and let GO of the scales. Now I just want to get to goal soooo bad I'm not letting ANYTHING non cd permitted in my mouth, not even a nibble!!!!

Thanks Enlighten, I do remember, and I will get there, I just get frustrated when I hit a slump!

BUT things have happened today which make me feel a whole load better about it all.

1/ I lost 1lb at WI, which means that since I've been back on CD I've lost exactly 1st! YAY!:party0011:

2/ I am no longer 13st 10lb :tongue:

3/ Most importantly - I am no longer Obese!!!:woohoo:

What a difference 1lb can make! So this next week is going to be a 100% week, there's nothing in the way. It's my best friends birthday on Saturday and we're going bowling and then out for drinks:party0016: but I've volunteered to drive :drivesaint00:.

It'll be her first proper drink :party0036:since she had Little E where she hasn't had to worry about either FT or Little E. We live out in the sticks and a taxi back from town is usually about £50, so I told her I'd drive and I really don't mind, I can stick to SS without making up excuses!! I love it when a plan comes together!! Feeling a lot more positive again - you can't keep me down for long!!!:D

Sorry this is probably going to come out in a huge old jumble, but I'm typing as I think. I need to get it out of my head to try and clear my mind a bit.

I really should find something to keep me occupied on a Friday night, because Friday nights for me are the most depressing.:( Everyone I know is up to something with their other halves on Friday nights, and I don't have an OH so I get to stay in and watch crappy television.

Lately I've really started to wonder if I'll ever find a new man. I know in the scheme of things it has only been a few months since me and AP broke up, but we weren't really together that long, and I've spent most of my adult life on my own.:sad0071:

All my friends are either married, or living with their OH's. They all do coupley things as a group and I know they don't leave me out on purpose but it makes them feel uncomfortable to have me there on my own.

Everyone says (quite rightly) that I need to get out more, but it's easier said than done when I have no-one to go out with. All of my closest friends have very young children so they don't get out often, and when they do it's usually the coupley group thing.

Now in amongst all this self pity, it might seem like I'm lonely and for the most part I'm not, I'm fine, I'm independent and do my own thing, but I every now and then (like right now) it hits me that I have no-one, there's only so much time I can spend at my parents house.

To make matters worse my body clock is ticking louder than Big Ben. When I was with AP I didn't really give kids much thought, because I just figured we'd have them at some point in the future, but now I'm on my own I'm scared that I'm going to be on my own forever. Even as I can hear my friends saying 'No you won't!' But they quickly forget that before I met AP I'd been on my own pretty much since I was 21 - thats 9 years of being alone. Nothing that ever lasted. Granted a lot of that time was because I felt like I was too big for anyone to possibly be attracted to me and I put up huge barriers.

Aaargh, I know being in a relationship isn't always great and relationships have their crap moments too, but I want to be someones OH, I want to share my life with someone, I want to be wanted. :serenade:

I'm starting to think that I must've done something bad in a past life, or that I'm being punished for something, because this is the one thing I want more than anything in the world and for some reason life is not letting me have it.:cry:

Most of the time I'm positive and think that everything happens for a reason, AP came along for a reason, to get me over my body and intimacy issues etc, and one day I'll meet the guy I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. But every so often I have days like this where I feel like its completely hopeless and I'm never going to meet anyone.

Oh god I sound really pathetic!!:sigh: I'm probably just being neurotic, and it makes a change from being upset about my weight and dieting I guess. I feel a bit lost :lost: and alone. I'm just feeling sorry for myself and it's TOTM which really isn't helping much. Sorry I think I'll go and WISP on my own.:raincloud:

Last edited:
Ah hun, big hugs coming your way!

I know it's easy for us people coupled up to say 'It's ok, there is someone out there for you'. But it's true!

How did you meet AP? Do you have any single friends at all? Do you ever meet people through work? Could you create a new circle of friends? I'm not saying ditch the ones you've got.

Do you go to any classes? Dancing, aerobics etc? I know it's all cliche's but I'm just trying to think of useful ideas? lol

Back