Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

The Quality Streets are out at work and I'm resisting them!! They're calling to me but I'm ignoring them lol.

Well done for resisting the quality sweets, I hope I can do the same next week when they bring in cakes as we have birthdays!! Argh.
So how do you make this fantastic mouse?!?

Lol I totally ignored them!!! And it was worth it!

I lost 6lbs this week!!!

At long last I've had the big loss I've been chasing for ages. Yay!! I'm so happy. I've lost the 6lbs I gained after the christening. So it's onwards and downwards from here and I'll just keep doing what I've been doing!!!

:scale::woohoo::scale::woohoo::scale::woohoo:

Whoop Whoop Surf, it's taken me a while to type this as I was dancing round my living room when I read how much you'd lost. See, all that head messing stuff was worth it.

Oh and quality street, good for you resisting them. Totally in the zone! xx

Supersize vs Superskinny

I'm just sitting here watching this, it's one of my favourite programmes at the moment.

i love this programme too. i still think of myself as looking larger than i am. it'll take a while and i never really got there last time in my mind set sense before i got pregnant. i did love certain things that i noticed though like certain bones sticking out etc. those were the types of things that did remind me that i was tons thinner..... just the little things.

Hey Shanny, yet another good day so far. I've had some real strong cravings for something savoury today. I've normally got a real sweet tooth, but since CD that seems to be going away thankfully. I've just checked with my CDC about whether I can have Marigold Bouillion and I can yay, so that should definitely take the edge of the cravings. Woo Hoo.

Cup Cake Friday

Seriously this is the worst idea ever. The girls (my friends too) at work have declared Fridays Cup Cake Friday. And each week we take in turns to bake cup cakes to bring to work for Friday. It's my own private torture. The only thing I like more than chocolate....is cake!!!

Cup Cake Friday evolved from Crunchie Friday, where everyone had a CRunchie at lunch time on Friday's, but not everyone liked Crunchies so it became cakes. I'm sooo jealous. With the amount of junk that gets consumed at work every single day, all my work mates deserve to be morbidly obese, and barely any of them are overweight - so unfair. If I ate half of what they do, I'd be the size of a house end. It's really testing on my will power. And there's no wonder I struggle when I'm at work.

My mum made an interesting comment the other day ~ She said "Would they still try to tempt you all the time if you had diabetes or coeliac disease?" I said "Probably not no". She then told me that she thought that they were probably taking me less seriously because it's a weightloss diet not a medical diet. She's right. If I was ill because I slipped off my diet they wouldn't push me to cheat. Talk about double standards.

Anyway tomorrow is going to be challenging, so I'm going to have to be very strong. I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm still feeling spurred on by that nice big loss and want to have a decent loss next week too.

:D:D I managed to post the same thing twice oops deleted now!!:D:D

Last edited:
Oh no. Hope there not expecting you to bake some??
Every Friday at work everyone has a breakfast sandwichs ( bacon, egg, mushroom, red sauce & fresh baked bread!!!)
Must resist.

Never thought of it as you Mum put it but that very true!!

I'm off to bed now to read Ian Marbers How Not To Get Fat. I know it's like closing the gate after the horse has bolted but it might help me Not To Get Fat Again lol!!!

Seriously this is the worst idea ever. The girls (my friends too) at work have declared Fridays Cup Cake Friday. And each week we take in turns to bake cup cakes to bring to work for Friday. It's my own private torture. The only thing I like more than chocolate....is cake!!!

Cup Cake Friday evolved from Crunchie Friday, where everyone had a CRunchie at lunch time on Friday's, but not everyone liked Crunchies so it became cakes. I'm sooo jealous. With the amount of junk that gets consumed at work every single day, all my work mates deserve to be morbidly obese, and barely any of them are overweight - so unfair. If I ate half of what they do, I'd be the size of a house end. It's really testing on my will power. And there's no wonder I struggle when I'm at work.

My mum made an interesting comment the other day ~ She said "Would they still try to tempt you all the time if you had diabetes or coeliac disease?" I said "Probably not no". She then told me that she thought that they were probably taking me less seriously because it's a weightloss diet not a medical diet. She's right. If I was ill because I slipped off my diet they wouldn't push me to cheat. Talk about double standards.

Anyway tomorrow is going to be challenging, so I'm going to have to be very strong. I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm still feeling spurred on by that nice big loss and want to have a decent loss next week too.

why not lie to them then and tell them the torture.... like....

you've been to the doc cause you weren't feeling well and he's put you on this diet cause your blood sugar levels were spiralling out of control (now you're not saying your diabetic but you're not saying that you're not). as cd diet does control blood sugar levels all is well with the lie. then tell them that the temptation for these cakes is very hard to resist but you have to for your own health and on the advice of your doctor. :D

how about that for a lie. tell them you're glucose intollerant.

The Swansea Trial

The Swansea Trial - Body Composition and Metabolic Studies With a Very-Low Calorie Diet.

I've struggled so much to get this weight off (and still have a way to go yet) so I'm terrified at the thought of putting the weight back on again, especially because I know how easy it is to put it back on in quite a short period of time.

I decided a while ago that I was going to start looking into maintaining my weightloss because I'm very determined not to get fat again. Having ballsed it up the first time and put almost 3st back on, I'm NOT going to let it happen again!! So I'm just about to start reading this book.

The job I do is very science based so this book is the type of thing I'm used to reading although it might be a bit heavy going for some. I'm hoping that it will shed some light on how our bodies function on VLCD's and what happens to our bodies when we come off them.

There has got to be a scientific way of maintaining your new weight other than eat less and do more exercise. I don't think that this very simplified theory will work on it's own. For starters you will be increasing your calorific intake (although gradually) from 500cal to maybe 1500-1800, naturally your body will react to this.

My little theory (I may be way off base with it mind you) is that if I'm going to be increasing my calories I'm definitely going to have to increase the amount of exercise I do. SO because I do a lot of exercise already the amount of exercise I'm going to need to do to maintain my weight is going to be completely unachievable with a full time job and social life to fit in too. I have decided to cut down on my exercise until I reach my target, then once I've worked back up the plans I'm going to increase my exercise.

Like I said this might be completely the wrong way to go about it, But I need some kind of plan. With what I've read about weight gain and maintainance over the last couple of days, it's easier to lose weight than it is to maintain the loss. This worries me so much - I never want to be the weight I was again. I was miserable, lacked confidence and felt dreadful about my life, I can't live like that again. That's why I need a plan, and because I have a science brain, I'm trying to approach it in a scientific way.

So I'm really hoping that the trials in the book will give me some idea of what to expect.

It makes sense to me. I like facts and science so I think I might read about this. I've only just started to do some exercise, gentle swimming and toning at the gym, more to prevent saggy skin than anything else. The idea being that the slimmer I get, the more energy I have and the more my body can cope with the extra fitness.

How did the cupcake friday go? Was thinking about you this morning when everyone in our office (well 46 out of 63) had bacon sarnies x

Back