Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

I have had weird dreams since being on CD.
Have you tried dating web sites?

I'm just lay in the garden, thinking...I have realized when I'm on CD all I can think about is the diet.

Hope today continues well for you. x x

Th fairy lights are for the bushes in the garden, my friend has some wound around the bannister on her decking and they look fab so I went to get some to put in my bushes. Mind they were £22 so I only got one set for now. Buy more on payday if these look good. I'll put photos on once the batteries are charged.

Well I made the jelly and its a resounding success, once I scraped the layer of froth off the top and got to the jelly part. Also I put some food colouring in because the last time I did it I was put off by the colour of the plain jelly. But the raspberry & cranberry water is really good for making jelly.

I'm freezing again, might have to go and put some more clothes on, I refuse to put the heating on in summer. Urgh I've just seen an advert for Optislim...seems to be some kind of Slimfast thing, but the smug woman on the ad had clearly never needed to diet a day in her life!! At least the women on the LL adverts are actually real people who have done the diet. The smug blond on Optislim ad is enough to put me off doing their diet.

All these Celebrity Slim, Tony Ferguson, Optislim and the like worry me a tiny bit... they all seem to have jumped on the VLCD band wagon, but don't offer the support mechanisms that come with CD, LT, LL etc. Where's the control? Anyone can wander into the pharmacy and buy Celebrity Slim. Mum bought a box to take on holiday with her because she still has shakes for breakfast even though she's a healthy weight now. The woman at the till happily sold her them no questions asked... I was stunned, and asked how come there wasn't a questionnaire or something to fill in... And I was told.... 'It's just like Slimfast'. But I know of people who are using it as total meal replacement because they can't get a doctors signature to do CD or LL. This is just plain dangerous!!!

Lyndzi, I met AP on Match.com, up until I met him I'd had some terrible dates from there and Dating Direct, BUT I am open to doing it all again, and taking the bad dates in hope of finding a good one again. I just find it totally impossible to go on dates while I'm on CD. I don't want to have to explain to dates why I'm not having a drink or eating, and it totally limits what we can do as a first date... Soooo thats on hold for now, especially since all I did when I first met AP was go out for meals, or drinks. In a way I'm holding myself back from dating until this diet is over, much easier to manage dating on SW.

All I ever seem to do is think. I've been to see my friend this morning just to get out of my own head, even if she was munching on peanut butter on toast (mmmmmm) when I got there. Her daughter is off to the US for 3 months to Camp America, so she's feeling a bit abandoned, so we've made plans that don't involve food until she gets used to having an empty house for the first time ever.

Last edited:
I met my husband on Loopy Love but I must admit I went through about 20 crap dates before I met him. I understand about not dating while on CD, it can seem crazy to other people.

I saw the optislim and thought the same, she has never ever had to consider a diet in her life...Alot of though went into that advert!!

Oooh never heard of Loopy Love. Might have to give that one a go. Don't really want to go back on match just yet in case AP is back on there... I don't want him back but I could do with out knowing he's back in the game lol. As far as I'm concerned he sits at home all lonely wondering why he broke up with me lol.

I'm not going to give up hope of finding my 'one', and the internet seems the way to do it, I know a lot of friends have met their OH's on various sites, so it does work. And being in a relationship with AP has changed my mothers mind about it. She thought it was all a bit sinister, but now she's been proved wrong... she's more than happy for me to do it. In fact not long after me and AP split she asked why I hadn't gone back on yet - give my time mother!! At least she knows I'm not stupid. x

Still to this day neither of our patents know how we met. We tell them we met on a drunken night out on a pub!!!
I think peoples opinion of Internet dating is changing.

You finished CD for today?

Yeah had my last one about an hour ago, am still drinking though, I'm gonna be up all night to the loo. But I'm so thirsty... I've had 4 litres of water and still have another glass next to me, think I should probably stop at that mind. Normally I struggle but today I've been guzzling. I'm really going to be wee wee weeing all night long - never mind, flushing all that fat out of my bod xx

Horrible horrible day so far, I'm totally fed up!!! Work is aweful and I've still got another 16 hours to go :( Dietwise I'm all to pot I had my first 2 shakes before 2 pm and so I've only got one left now. I'm trying to leave it as late as I can to have it. I felt dizzy and sick earlier which is why I had a shake. But now I'm feeling that wasn't such a good idea. Too late now!

Infront of me is a table full of sweets and chocolates, and I feel like I could happily trough the lot, but I'm not going to! WI is soooo close and it's really not going to make the night shift any shorter or me feel better so there's no point. Instead I'll sit here reading my book about how to stop binge eating!! So far it's all ringing true, which hopefully means the book has the answer!!!!

I bloody hate nights, I usually give them away (they're overtime) but this one slipped through the net somehow :(

Don't do it be good. Remember 100% :0)
have you taken an extra shake with you, I know your only suppose to have 3 but a shake is better than a naughty.

Hope tonight goes quick for you. X x

No fear I'm not about to give in now. I have brought an extra to have for breakfast at 6 but I might have it earlier cos I'll bed in bed for a lot of tomorrow anyway so won't miss it, and they'll all balance out in the end!!!

Well done on being so strong! Your right it won't make the night go quicker. Your so close to doing a week 100% imagine how chugged you are going to be when you've done it and you get on the scales and have an amazing lose.

I just have this horrible feeling that all this effort is going to be for nothing when I get on the scales. I've been 100% in the past and only lost 2 or 3 lbs. It happened over quite s few weeks so it wasn't a one off and that's sitting there in the back of my mind and I can't shake it. I'll be so upset if I have another small loss. It's been a real struggle to keep 100% especially today.

I think I'm feeling negative because I'm surrounded by food at the moment, I'm tired and crabby and really want to be in bed at home, not stuck in this stinking hot hospital!!! Aaargh the assistant has just brought out a massive cake. I won't touch it because Im not going to give myself excuses for small losses, I want to beable to stand there on we'd and be able to say hand on heart I've been 100%! whether I continue to do SS 100% or go back to SS+ depends on how much weight I lose. I'm not sure I'm prepared to put this much effort in if I'm going to get very little in return in the way of big losses. I've persevered for a long time with CD and I just want to get to my target now!!!!

I'll probably feel a bit more positive tomorrow when I'm not at work, not as tired and fed up!

Well I've survived the nightshift without eating yay me!!! So right now I'm sitting in the garden with absolutely nothing to do but breathe. I didn't have my 4th shake last night survived without it!!! So I've got 3 today with messing anything up. I've still got that fat feeling today though and I'm starting to think I'm retaining water which really doesn't bode well for WI tomorrow. But at least I can go and say I've done all I can to get the weight off, I can't try any harder than this, I just hoe I'm rewarded with a good loss!

i am sure you will see a good loss hun seen as you have been good alll weeek, good luck on your weigh in :)
mwah

How do you manage not jumping on the scales?! Well done for surviving last night.
Hope you have another good day x x

Fear, pure and simple... I'm terrified that I'll get on the scales and they'll be unkind to me, so Im avoiding them at least until after wi i don't want anything to derail me.

So far so good, had 1 shake and almost all my water.

Yay you! Well done or getting through the night, you sounded so low I was worried you would crack. I hope so much you get a good loss this week, you def deserve it!

Do you get to relax for a day or so now? All your water already? You are a good girl! lol

Ha ha not so much good as hot!! It's like being on holiday sitting here in the garden, the only thing missing is the pool and the cocktails lol. If I'd had any sense I'd have gone to the gym after work and laid by the outdoor pool all day. Actually
I bet it's heaving with rich skinny housewives with nothing better to keep them occupied. I'll stay here and keep going inside every so often.

Well this is day 7!!! Can't believe it, I've made all the way to day 7 without even so much as an SS+ day!!!!

Last edited:
Well done, you've done amazingly! Have you ever done a whole week SS? When is weigh in?

Back