Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Happy Monday, Sal.

I hope your week has started well.

Mel

I would do exercise Illa I'd prefer it to not exercising but it slows my losses right down and at the rate I'm going at the moment it's really not a good idea :( I'm lucky (?) because I'm naturally muscly and my muscle tone is good anyway I just need to shift the flab on top of it fast!! I'll cross the maintenance bridge when I get there.

Mel I've had a stressful busy day, not a great start to the week but had a nice encouraging text off my old CDC (Nikkis CDC) so that was nice.

Last edited:
Mel I've had a stressful busy day, not a great start to the week but had a nice encouraging text off my old CDC (Nikkis CDC) so that was nice.

That is nice to hear! And I imagine a lot of your work days are stressy. But, thanks for doing the job you do. Nurses, policemen, firemen, teachers, etc. often unsung heros.

Told her you were feeling downhearted cause you were. Sticking to it 100% yet you were loosing stupidly small amounts.

I like your CDC but I know she can be very warm hearted in her response. With Julie she kicks me up the butt when I need it. I need a strong person otherwise I don't think it would work as well.

I wish you were able to go back to her!

I'm going to have a little rant because this is MY diary and I'm entitled to, I don't want to stir things up on the other thread as there been enough stirring already. But this is my opinion in my diary so if people don't want to read it they don't have to!! Here goes!!!

Everyone knows that I've had disappointing losses since I started despite sticking 100% to plan so when I came across a certain thread I found myself agreeing with it and said as much in the thread! But it has since deteriorated into a bickering match about whether the original poster was being sanctimonious and judgemental.

I believe that anyone who has been in the position of having small losses when sticking 100% will feel the same at some point and this was a comment on that, it's been misinterpreted and twisted and I'd go so far as to say that some of the responses border on bullying. BUT everyone is entitled to their opinion it shouldn't turn into one poster attacking another, no matter which side of the argument.

Minimins is a place of support and people shouldn't feel afraid of being attacked because of how they feel. Ive learned from the past not to get involved when threads turn like this, so I'm keeping out of it from now on and unsubscribing from it. That is all I'm going to say on the matter, here or on the thread!

I've probably upset several people but like I said this is MY diary where I vent so don't read it if you don't want to but I just want people to learn from this that the forums are for supporting, not taking people to task over misunderstood intentions!

Last edited:
I've just found out some fab news!! My friend, whose been through some really sh!tty times with her ex, lost her mum to cancer and has a really sh!tty stressful job, anyway her life is on the up, she got married last month to a lovely man and now she's pregnant!! Yay happy news on a miserable old day :)

I've just found out some fab news!! My friend, whose been through some really sh!tty times with her ex, lost her mum to cancer and has a really sh!tty stressful job, anyway her life is on the up, she got married last month to a lovely man and now she's pregnant!! Yay happy news on a miserable old day :)

Thanks for sharing this, Sal!

It really brightened my day -- I love it when good things happen to good people!

the thread is very disappointing. some people have really misinterpreted what has been said.

the thread is very disappointing. some people have really misinterpreted what has been said.

I agree -- I think it has been blown out of proportion.

Bloody hell I'm so so cold!! My hands are like a dead persons hands!! I'm well behind with my water today, its been a very intense day so I've had 3 coffees a cup of tea and a coke zero up until 5pm. Since 5 I've had a litre and a half of water and been to the loo about a million times lol.

So still got lots of water left to drink, I'm going to be up all night :(

Awwwww, ketosis cold spell. Bummer. I am almost out of loo roll...

I have plenty lol, just not looking forward to having to get up in the night in the cold to go to the loo :( brrr cold!! I've gone to bed because I'm so cold and my duvet is thick and cozy. I'm onto my last 500ml of water thank god! Tomorrow no matter what I'm going to have to drink more during the day, this is not fun!!

I can relate to that!

i've just discovered fizzy water and cd flavouring. i usually hate fizzy water but with the flavouring it's lovely. i'm also pretty cold. even when i teach zumba i get nice and warm, i sweat but i don't ever feel over hot. we've not put on our heating yet. i've been going to bed in my dressing gown with my dog at my feet. i can feel bed socks and a fleece coming on. very romantic, wouldn't you say :)

I'm too stingy to put my heating on just yet, I had it on all the time at the beginning of the year when I was off so I feel like I need to compensate, and balance the payments out lol.

I need to get some more winter pjs my only pair is in the wash so I have short sleeved ones on now so arms are cold even under the covers.

We haven't switched to our winter duvet yet. I'm trying to be tight with the heating etc and make us last out as long as we can! I keep telling Scott he won't benefit from it if we put it on now! lol

And I went and had a read of that thread, completely misinterpreted. And once one turned they all jumped on the band wagon.

cornishkez said:
And I went and had a read of that thread, completely misinterpreted. And once one turned they all jumped on the band wagon.

like rats leaving a sinking ship :D. Or.... Lemmings off a cliff!

Hi surfhunny, you are sticking at it and that the main thing. I was also thinking that being 15 instead of 18 is an achievement in itself and how maybe now you have to think of this as the last stage in in a long journey! I too wonder if I might be on CD forever and if things like my back problem relate to diets in the past but I don't know.

I also looked at that thread when it was first posted and thought oh no this will kick off, and watched and lo and behold it did. It is hard to post when people can't hear your tone of voice.

Just hang in there

Hi Sal and Nikki --

Socks, flannel jammies, because my DH does not want to turn on the heat, yet either. I'll bet the ketosis isn't helping either one of you with the cold... but it is a good sign re: weight loss.

Mel

Back