Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Well scale hopping does no good at all, went on for my mid week wi and it hasn't budged at all :cry: I'm not due much of a loss this week cos I had decent one last week but even so... Not giving up though!!

Also I've screwed up my shifts, I thought I was nights on Friday so I've arranged my wi for during the day but I've discovered that I'm actually 9-9 during the day instead. This monumental screw up wouldn't normally be too bad but my CDC is going away for two weeks on Sat boo. I'll have to see if dad can pick my packs up for me cos I've got no time to go myself :eek:

bettiesrevenge said:
No I don't think it's you!

I think there are lots of people around who have been ona vcld before be it CD or whatever. I think the more times you have a go, the higher risk of giving in when the going gets a bit tough. I count myself in this by the way! Im less than inspiring to some extent, but then with the 18 months I've had I think I've done well to even still want to lose weight let alone try!

We are all different. I remember some of my inspirations, lily, missy jo, cerulean... None of them were perfect but they were inspiring! My diary was a way of working through my food related issues, but there is so much going on I stopped writing any deep stuff as it all got a bit to close to the knuckle. I may go back to some deep revelations at some point in the future!

I wish I could get inspired. Maybe you will be my new thinspiration!

I agree I was 100% the first time I did a VLCD and messed up on the reintroducing foods and back to aware one I have tried Manu times since to re create my amazing first time but I get to two three stone down and then something bakes me stop and give up. My friends and family ate negative about VLCD (except mum) which doesn't help. I have recently gone from SS to SS + but it's a struggle and although I have lost almost two stone I'm determined to push past that 2/3 stone barrier thus time and lose 6 stone by sept.

There r some inspiring people on here, therealbe I believe has remained 100% since starting about 4weeks ago, leaE, RKMriddell are also some of the other inspiring individuals Also I am on team ideal as well as my own diary and there is always lots of support on there and welcomes new members.

It's so great that u have The motivation and passion to go 100% and many of us struggle with that. In fact you r inspiring to us! Xxx

Felix said:
Hi Sal, I was thinking the exact same earlier! An awful lot of food talk going on which isn't helping my cravings (and an awful lot of people who aren't taking CD seriously, but that's just my opinion!). I've fallen off the wagon a million times, and I know 90% of people are genuinely here for support when they have slipped up. But it seems a small number of people are sort of laughing it off and making out its not a big deal, when it actually is a big deal for me! Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. It's not really my place to comment on other peoples diets so I feel a bit bad for saying this!!

We need more positive posts on the forum about how well people are doing, and tips for sticking to the diet, not tips on how to cheat!

Hey

I know what you mean, I think for some people though they joke about it because it's a way of coping with what they did, don't know, just a guess. I guess it doesn't help though if u (like me) take the diet / weight loss seriously

Bummer on not being able to see your CDC, Sal. Nice that your dad can fetch the food for you.

Re: doing S and S instead of CD. The savory items are nice to have. I like having the stuff brought to me. My CDC become less and less reliable and I found myself drifting. So, why pay more for getting less (I have to go to her and then pay more for the food). Also, I am not doing a VLCD -- more of an 810/1000 version. S and S sends you the info on doing that using their products. I've not lost a lot in two weeks (one pound) but I have not exercised at all. I've less than usual because of the broken wrist. Hopefully, the cast comes off tomorrow.

My friend, CFF, is trying to do Lighter Life - but she is not sticking to programme at all. It kind of annoys me: as she has wanted to do this ever she she saw me lose nearly 5 stone in 2008. So, she has finally decided to do it and her OH is even on on board, but then she is "tweaking it". Has been since the very first.
She is lost a lot the first week -- she would: she weighed over 260 pounds. She lost less the second week, but she has lost between a stone to a stone and half. However, it won't last. Then what? Start following the programme? I suggested that she try a different LLC if this one wasn't providing the right level of counselling and support (as you are paying a lot for that). Otherwise, she should move over to S and S and use the difference in cost for one personal training session a week.

bettiesrevenge said:
God utterly!

I think there are much easier diets AND much harder in differing respects. Slimming world would be my hardest diet, it's the sheer volume of food you eat. I'm by nature a nibbler, and I nibble lots of crap things!

It's a funny thing. Maybe in diary land ( I only follow diaries I don't really bother with the main forum) I'm bit seeing so many people slipping up, myself excluded.

I think you hit the nail on the head as many people are not getting support you need to do this diet. I dont get anything from my pack pusher, she is a pack pusher and has got awards at the annual conference for the volume of packs she sells! It's pyramid selling after all. Some people do take it seriously, but behaviour is sometimes so ingrained with people I think unless you are doing something to tackle your food demons. Cd is just a quick fix. Hmmm you have me thinking about this now!

Totally

As hard as this diet is the true hard work cones in not putting the weight back on. after all there are more people Here who are returners (myself Included, many times over) than there are success stories. This is about starting a journey to change habits of a lifetime and is not going to be easy for any of us. We r all coping with it the way we know how, but success cones with being honest with yourself - a point I recently made in my diary. It nay not be laugh a minute but it is honest because of we can't be honest with ourselves then what's the point!

Just heard another truthful statement: food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!!

Worryingly this is not a person of Walmart it's a person of Tesco - me in my new size 14 holiday shorts!!!

image-958988416.jpg

I am my very own Person of Walmart woo hoo lol. Hold yourselves back boys ;)

Attachments

• image-839277651.jpg
    image-839277651.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 59
  • image-899656054.jpg
    image-899656054.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image-4280865509.jpg
    image-4280865509.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 51
Plus as an added bonus by looking at those photos I've found my stray sock under the bed yay!

When you can slip into them in a month or two you'll be pleased you took these photos ... Too tight clothes always make you look bigger. You are certainly not huge and nowhere near Walmart standard! I had a pair of size 18 jeans which were that tight 3 months ago ...

you must take more photos next month and each month after that.

Well I'm fcuking livid!!! Got an email back from Cambridge and they've told me I can't do SS because I've got IBS!!! Has anyone else ever heard this?? It's not even an official diagnosis yet! Surely this can't be right I'm gutted, there's no point in me doing 810 I lose a lb a week if that I might as well start ww! FFS I wish I hadn't bothered to do the right thing and email CD, they wanted my CDCs contact details so they can inform her, but she knows all about my tummy issues, surely she would've said.... Frustrated.com

Well I have ibs and have never heard of that. I am sure cambridge would lose 50% of their customers if they did that. Just dont tell them your cdc's details!

cornishkez said:
Well I have ibs and have never heard of that. I am sure cambridge would lose 50% of their customers if they did that. Just dont tell them your cdc's details!

I've texted my CDC and she's asked me to forward the email to her. I think she's cross that I didn't talk to her first and in hind sight I probably should have. She told me to send CD her details. Why do I screw everything up???

If it comes to it could you switch to a different cdc? Can you contest it with cambridge and question where it states it in their literature etc?

I think it all depends on my CDC and what she does about it. Struggling to tell from her texts how p!ssed she is with me.

Last edited:
great things said:
you must take more photos next month and each month after that.

I will do Nikki, it'll be interesting. One of the girls at work was talking to me about CD, genuine interest from someone for a change. She asked how much I wanted to lose and when I said 4 stone, she said "Oh my god if you lose 4 stone you'll look like Skeletor!!" she made me laugh. I asked her how much she thought I weighed and she said 12 stone bless her, she genuinely thought it too, she wasn't being kind. She refused to believe my actual weight, until I showed her on the scales lol. Once upon a time I'd have been way too embarrassed to admit my weight to anyone.

Hi Sal,

Get your CD packs from your CDC order S and S and VLCD anyway. LOL

And everyone is right -- tight clothing looks bad on anyone. In no time those will be be lose on you. BUT you could get them on a fastened. That must be a good feeling.

My mum is going to my CDC tomorrow to pick up my packs because I'm working. She's going to mention that the email from cd has upset me so much she's worried about me and see what my CDC thinks. Anyway now that I've calmed down and talked things through with my mum I'm feeling better, if my CDC does say I have to do 810 I'll just agree and do SS on my own.

I've got a confession though. The email threw me so much I resorted to old coping mechanisms - food. But it was one day, and it's over! I'm only looking at a 1-2lb loss this week as a result but I'm not giving up. This time while my CDC is away I'm going to keep going with SS, usually this is where I go off track big time and end up back to square one, so she'll be e pectin to come back to me having STS or gained. I'd like to try and lose half a stone!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Back