Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Surfhunny said:
Thanks Mel, hope you've had a good one! I've been watching the gymnastics all weekend and found myself wondering why I ever gave it up. The Germans have a gymnast in their team who is 37!! She's brilliant!! I've also been watching the diving, I was forced to give that up when they revamped the pool and took away the diving pool :( I could've gone to a different club but it's a good many miles away and I already did so much with swimming and gym.

I totally blame the fact that I went from being so very active to sitting on my ass for 3 years at Uni drinking beer and eating take aways for my weight gain. And then as I got fatter the desire to be active just disappeared!

I've got 6 weeks left to my jollies and I've joined Dual Dynamics Platinum Players page on FB, I'm going to need a lot of help and moral support along the way, even though you've all heard me say this before. I think but 6 weeks is not a long time really.

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

I've 6 weeks left too. Really need to loose 21lb minimum. I started my running yesterday. You should start something too. We could all then clock our weekly total on our diaries. Time/distance/cals.... etc

I'm starting 30 Day Shred on Wednesday it's not exactly a sport but it's all I dare do before I go away so I can maximize my losses. Exercise slows me down.

hows things? have you started the 40 day shred? i must get myself another copy. mine got left out and scratched. hubby's dreadful at taking things out of the dvd player and not putting them in the cases.

Hi love just catching up with u u are doing fab love and I agree them 6 weeks will fly by x go u with the exercise xxxxx speak soon Leanne x

Thanks hun, right well I'm off to be tortured by Jillian Michaels!! I didn't have time to start yesterday so today is the Day!! Day 1 Level 1, let the pain begin!!

My god I'd forgotten just how hard the first few days of 30 Day Shred are! I'm getting very conflicting ideas about exercising at this stage in my weight loss. I love the Dual Dynamics method and there is no doubt they get results but I've been told 30 Day Shred will be counter productive at this stage.

What the hell do I do? I'm following their ideas as best I can but exercise is a sticking point. Part of me thinks "Yay I can be a lazy girl and watch the Olympics from my sofa" but the sporty girl that I used to be is emerging again and is keen to get toned ASAP.

I absolutely don't want to do anything that will jeopardise my losses between now and Florida so Lazy Girl is winning. Talk about conflicted!! At least I'm feeling positive and in control with my diet. What do I do?? Do I do it for two weeks, nearer the time?? Sh!!!!!!tttt :(

I think the benefits from exercise are so worth it. And it is inches lost and toning that will help you rock those shorts.

Last edited:
6lbs off in two weeks, not great but not bad either! CDC has said to stop doing 30 Day Shred as the muscle building will cause my legs to bulk and shorts won't fit as I won't be able to lose enough weight in 5 weeks to counter act the bulking up. It also makes you retain water so losses won't show and it'll make me lose heart. So Jillian goes back in the box until a time where I'm not so pressured.

poor jillian, i'm sure she'll take it on the chin for the team.

great things said:
poor jillian, i'm sure she'll take it on the chin for the team.

She is in this month's cover of Shape magazine... When you looked that good you probably won't care.

Hey sal, how you doing?

Hi Sal!

I hope all is well with you.

Hi Sally. Are you working like mad, Ill, ran away with some hunk and loved up on a tropical paradise somewhere?

Are u ok?

great things said:
Hi Sally. Are you working like mad, Ill, ran away with some hunk and loved up on a tropical paradise somewhere?

Are u ok?

I was wondering , too.

If only I have been so busy with work it's horrible. I feel completely worn out :( I'm stressed and tired all the time and can't wait for my 3 weeks off in September!!! I'm gutted because I'm still nowhere near my target despite trying so hard, I've got 3 weeks left before my holidays and I'm on the verge of giving up completely. I hate the amount of effort I have to put in to lose a couple of lbs when others do SS and have it drop off them. I've stopped looking at the Dual Dynamics stuff because I find it so disheartening! I'm sick of dieting and getting nowhere fast :cry:

I'm still going with it but havent posted on here because I don't feel like I can be positive or at all helpful to anyone when I feel so cr@ppy and exhausted all the time :( Thanks for asking though. Xxx

keep chipping away at it. i think our bodies will jump start soon.

I just keep thinking every lb off is in the right direction for Florida, just thoroughly disappointed that it's going to be yet another fat uncomfortable holiday hiding from cameras despite trying so goddam hard :(

Don't hide. Have the photos for future comparison -- look at how far you have come.

I am gutted!! Just been to see nurse about going back on the pill (to stop a visit from aunt flow in Florida) but can't have my normal one as my blood pressure is sky high (160/100). Have been given mini pill which is absolutely no use to me at all and may in fact cause me to bleed more on holiday :cry:

Worst part is I now have to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor!! I went to mums in floods of tears after the appointment, she used her machine and several readings later, all were in normal limits, highest being 128/80 :(

I'm stressed to the hilt with work, my boss is off having tests so he can be put on heart transplant list, I'm absorbing all his work as well as my own, stressing about having 2 cars to pay for next month as Megane still hasn't sold, stressing about holiday, not having enough money etc. stressing about my weight and feeling guilty every time I stuff something into my mouth because I'm stressed!!

I'm actually at the point where I'm not even remotely excited about the holiday now, all I want to do is lock myself in my house for two weeks and not come out!! I will not be anywhere near my target weight, I'm actually dreading seeing CDC tomorrow, as I haven't been on scales, I haven't been bad but haven't been good either :(

Dreading having to wear the 24 hour blood pressure monitor, luckily because of where I work I can't wear it during a working day, the MRI magnet erases the data. So at least I'll be off and won't have to worry about explaining the racket it makes when it inflates. Cant have that fitted until 2 weeks time so that's 2 more weeks of worrying :cry: bloody hell :(

Oh Sally,

I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours. Have you tried selling it on eBay?

Did they give you the mini pill because they thought you had high blood pressure? If the monitor shows you don't can you get the other?

(((((Hugs)))))

Back