surgery??

pink-sarah

Silver Member
ive been waiting for surgery on my right knee, left was done last year, for a few weeks.. i got a call yesterday from the Nuffiled to ask me to go in for a pre-assessment and im now having arthroscopy knee surgery on thursday this week, im having the cartilage removed! Just as day case ..

can i still do cwp before and after, as i really dont want to give it up when im in the right state of mind to do it!

hi, unfortunately you cant follow cd if you're undergoing surgery, i think you have to be on normal diet a certain amount of days before and after. im sure there is a q and a section in the book and this is included. you must be on at least step 5 or 6 i believe as you need enough calories for it otherwise it can be dangerous. check with your consultant and the medical staff but really you must put your health first. im sure you'll get back into it soon enough! good luck with the surgery :) xx

thats what i thought lumpy, cdc confirmed it for me at weigh in!! shes told me what to do with regards to food etc so i dont go too far off track!

yeah you can defo stick to something like low carb or just track calories for a few days before and after so that you wont pile the lbs back on! plus the good news is the healthier you eat, the quicker you'll recover so plenty of green veg, protein, dairy for calcium etc will help you heal and keep you trim at the same time! xx

Back