Surgery

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Went to see Orthopaedic Surgeons today. Have had ongoing problems with my elbow since I broke it 2 years ago, and finally had an appointment to see someone about it!

Long story short, I have to have an operation. 2 in fact, but in one - they can do both at the same time fortunately. They are going to release my trapped nerve then sort out the damaged tendons - fun!

Don't have a date for surgery yet, but it will theoretically be in the next 18 weeks. This means I will need to come off the diet, which terrifies me a little! Hoping the surgery date will be towards the end of the 18 weeks, except I am on holiday weeks 15-17! Would be much happier having the surgery after I get back from holiday. Also hope to be a few more stone down before the surgery!

I know it is daft but I am going to be pretty immobile the first couple of weeks after surgery, and off work for about 6 weeks, and I am terrified of piling all the weight back on. Ridiculous really, I've lost 6st so far so would have to work very hard to put that back on in 6 weeks!

Need to think hard and make some plans for post surgery... Do NOT want to be derailed by this!

Oh thats such a tough one. What are the rules for being on CD and surgery now? I know when had surgery I had to come off plan for 3 months ;-(. I'd work it through with your consultant and come up with a plan that you can stick to.

Book says between 4-12 weeks off plan. Emailed Cambridge for medical advice and they said 4-6 weeks as long as I recover "normally"

Thats a lot better than 3 months.I'm sure you won't put it all back on - but good to have a plan in place for what you will do to make sure you don't

Back