Attack surimi crabsticks: restricted or not???

curvygirlie

I can't remember which thread it was on but someone said surimi crabstick should be limited to 8 a day (or it may be 6, can't quite remember)

I've just checked the book (page 59- category 3: Fish) and the doctor states there is no restriction.

I'm so blummin' confused with it all:cry:

Have you checked out our FAQ section? It might be an idea. The "problem" with the diet is that the original book was written 10 years or more ago in French. The English version is slightly different, but not a great deal... The U.S. version is rather different.

Then running alongside his French book, at the outset, he was seeing private patients, and those people would post on the internet in France, keeping us up to date with his newest recommendations. Then ensued the French official website, which I was coached on for a while, where he updated things. Now there's an English one, and a U.S. one. You can check them out and read the chat sessions for yourself, as lots of us do, and see answers being given (in pigeon English most often) to questions posed.

And crabsticks ARE now restricted to eight per day. Full of sugar. Keep them for an emergency snack if you must, but best avoided...

I eat a lot of crab sticks. Well I say a lot, usually 4 per day with my lunch (I couldn't afford to eat the rec 8 per day limit!), and it doesn't seem to have affected my loss at all.

Go for it then! (Just that there are quite a few of these "litigious" foods, and if one person were to eat all of them, there might well be tears at dawn on the scales!). So while you're losing with them, eat and be merry :D

Last edited:
thank you, will limit myself to the 8- less if I can resist, 'cos i love 'em! x

Back