Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

I haven't tried many of the packs and I just bought a couple of each. I threw out the beef casserole because to me it looked like something the dog threw up! I can't eat the moussaka either. I like the chilli, the sausage mix is tolerable as is the burger mix. I would never order any of them again. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I learnt my lesson a while ago regarding buying lots of packs before having a taster!

Only bought one of each this time because sometimes the ones you think you will like are awful & visa-versa. Just hoping I like the lunch pots. x

Day 11/30 WS.

Night out went very well. Had various types of curry dishes but limited myself to 1 tablespoon of rice which was plenty. Must say it was nice eating out & not feeling tired & bloated at the end of it.

Been out dog walking & had 2 packs so far.

Still enjoying WS but its so much harder to drink lots in comparison to when TSing. Think I am only managing about 2L at the moment.
Also find that I am wanting more coke Zero rather than water. Oh well as long as the weight keeps coming off I'll be happy x

GOAL 3 - WS for 1 Month

Week 1
checkmark%20green.gif
5lb loss
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

THEN - TS for 1 month
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I find it hard to drink plain water only. So I add a teensy bit of sugar free squash to every litre. It's that, or fall back on tea and coffee all day which I cannot tolerate without milk and sweeteners!

Well done on your restraint at the Indian restaurant x

Well done susie. Glad you had a lovely night out. 2L is a good amount to drink. I'm lucky I like water and peppermint tea. It took ages for me to like black coffee though but I like it with a bar. Have a super weekend. X

Angel, I find the offers on Exante website really complicated sometimes. I always feel I'm either sacrificing the best deal or the products I really want to buy. Somehow always feel a tad ripped off :-/ I wrote a post about on the main part of this forum, as was so frustrated last time I tried to place a big order. Since then they have added an offers tab, which helps a little, but it's still complicated sometimes. Plus I've had a couple of emails from them this week offering me 'exclusive' discounts of X amount off and then today BOGOF on all bars and shakes.

Actually, I think tomorrow I may place a small order for some favourites that I ran out of about a week ago. The BOGOF could be good for the bars. Don't have a huge variety here now and feeling a tad bored (which is dangerous!).

Re the drinks, so far I've only had water, sparkling water and green tea. I do add coffee to my banana shakes, and did have a black coffee twice this week, but that's the first since I started. I like black coffee. Miss my latte's from my coffee machine though! In the past when I've done this diet I have had coke zero and bouillon, but steered clear this time. I did buy a couple of the Exante water flavours ages ago, but didn't get on with them, so they only got used a couple of times. In the past, I liked them, but I think my tastes have changed.

Suzie, glad you enjoyed your curry out last night. Sounds like you were very sensible :) Well done.

Hope you have a good weekend susie. We like the pot meals for work but I still don't find them as filling as shakes. You're doing great getting back on track.

Day 14/30 WS.

So not too bad diet wise seeing as its Mothers day. Had some home made Tiramisu from my daughter which was yummy. Everything else was low carb.

WI tomorrow & then dentist for the dreaded root canal treatment. Really not looking forward to that. Never had it before but everyone has said how horrible it is. Doubt I will be sleeping much :wave_cry:.

Good luck for your root canal. I had one a couple of years ago and honestly it was fine. Was no different to having a regular filling. Perhaps that I'm okay about going to the dentist helps, but I had no pain after the anaesthetic wore off, etc.

Aw thanks Jayne. That has set my mind at ease. I don't mind fillings so hopefully wont be to bad. I need to get a cap on my tooth so I think the root canal is more to kill the root rather than to trat any infection x

I thought a root canal was to clear/remove infected tissue/tooth pulp from deep inside the damaged tooth. Whenever my dental phobia has caused me to wait too long to have a filling replaced I've needed a root canal. It's a last resort to save the the tooth. I've had three so far.

They have to kill the root cos the tooth is broken & the filling inside it is so deep it is resting causing pressure on the nerve Serial. Once they do that they will put a cap on it or else I will end up losing the tooth x

Day 15/30 WS & 3lb down. More than happy with that seeing as I am still having milk in my tea & coffee.

Of
f to the dentist in 10 minutes :eek:. Wish me luck x

GOAL 3
- WS for 1 Month

Week 1
checkmark%20green.gif
5lb loss
Week 2
checkmark%20green.gif
3lb loss
Week 3
Week 4

THEN - TS for 1 month
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Day 15/30 WS & 3lb down. More than happy with that seeing as I am still having milk in my tea & coffee.

Of
f to the dentist in 10 minutes :eek:. Wish me luck

3 off is fab! Well done :D

Good luck with dentist. Am sure you'll be fine! :)
When I had my root canal I had a lot of pain develop in the tooth - couldn't even put my teeth together as the tooth got so sensitive. Did have an infection and antibiotics before the root canal. Then after it was done it took a good few weeks for the pain (that I'd had pre root canal, not caused by root canal) to go away completely. Healing time. Didn't need any pain killers or anything during that time though. My tooth over the couple of years after did go a bit black, and then at Easter last year it broke whilst I was eating a piece of pork crackling with Sunday roast! My dentist managed to build it up with white filling, which looks really good, and better than before as not black anymore :) Eventually I will probably need a crown on it, but for now, it's good :)

3 off is fab! Well done :D

Good luck with dentist. Am sure you'll be fine! :)
When I had my root canal I had a lot of pain develop in the tooth - couldn't even put my teeth together as the tooth got so sensitive. Did have an infection and antibiotics before the root canal. Then after it was done it took a good few weeks for the pain (that I'd had pre root canal, not caused by root canal) to go away completely. Healing time. Didn't need any pain killers or anything during that time though. My tooth over the couple of years after did go a bit black, and then at Easter last year it broke whilst I was eating a piece of pork crackling with Sunday roast! My dentist managed to build it up with white filling, which looks really good, and better than before as not black anymore :) Eventually I will probably need a crown on it, but for now, it's good :)

Thanks Jayne. Very pleased with the 3lb loss. Expect it will slow down some what now but another 3lb over the next 2 weeks will bring me to my monthy WS target so fingers crossed.

Root canal was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be thank goodness. Took 45 minutes but I've had much worse experiences when having molar teeth extracted due to all 4 wisdom teeth cracking them. If I could have all my teeth capped I'd be happy.
As for crackling, there is no way my teeth would survive that pleasure lol x

Glad the dentist went OK susie.
I have weak teeth and couldn't have crackling either.
I have snapped my teeth on popcorn, granary seeded bread, scotch egg and Sausage! All different teeth! I blame the army. I had perfectly fine teeth until the army dentist got me and I'm sure I got unnecessary fillings just so the students could practice!

Well done on your loss, 3lb is fantastic! xx

Great result Susie :) I'm still having milk in my coffee too, but i've cut down to just 1 a day.. can't bring myself to drink it black. Love my nespresso first thing in the morning. The bit of milk can't be doing all that much can it?

Well done on your 3lb loss, a great result. Glad dentist was not as bad as you thought it would be. Hope you have a great week. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Great result Susie :) I'm still having milk in my coffee too, but i've cut down to just 1 a day.. can't bring myself to drink it black. Love my nespresso first thing in the morning. The bit of milk can't be doing all that much can it?

Probably ok if its one cup G. I have about 5 though & I doubt that I am in ketosis so will rethink about milk when on TS next month x

Glad the dentist went OK susie.
I have weak teeth and couldn't have crackling either.
I have snapped my teeth on popcorn, granary seeded bread, scotch egg and Sausage! All different teeth! I blame the army. I had perfectly fine teeth until the army dentist got me and I'm sure I got unnecessary fillings just so the students could practice!

Well done on your loss, 3lb is fantastic!  xx

My teeth problems result from having a lolly pop every morning on the way to school when I was a kid lol x

Back