Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks all! Just back and about to have my first meal of the day. I know a lot of people say you must have breakfast but I'm never hungry in the morning and I don't see the point of forcing food down!

So -

L - turkey pasta with carrots, peas, spinach
D - leftover stir fry - all speed
S - yogurt, HEA cheese HEB crackers, grapefruit, green tea
Syns - hmm not sure, an Options, chocolate - will see how I feel later - maybe a glass of fizz! :D

FYI - I'm on Pinch of Nom FB group and just said thanks to all for the support, etc - and over 170 people have liked and commented! It's a great group with lovely recipes, if you're interested. I'm also on the Slimming Eats one.

Later - nearly 300 people have liked and/or commented on my post. A) I'm giddy with the fame and B) get over there and get yourself some amazing girl power support!

Last edited:
oooo 300 likes & comments, brilliant support. Good to know people are cheering you on. I follow both on IG but never thought to follow on FB.
Your food for the day looks absolutely spot on, you're doing marvellous. Bet you had a big well deserved smile on your face as you changed your current weight in your profile.
Have you measured yourself? Before long you'll be seeing a big difference there too.
I'm the opposite to you, I'm usually starving in the mornings X

Afternoon all

No Tibbs I haven't measured myself yet, must do that, thanks for the reminder :).

Been a busy old day here, went to a friend's for lunch and she made SW soup and salad, bless her, so I'm doing well on the speed front!

Not sure what to have for dinner, I forgot to take meat out, might just be beans on toast.

Morning all! Cold and overcast here today, so it's an indoor day for me :).

B - eggs and thinly sliced pork, tea
L - sausage and veg pasta with quark and basil sauce - S - peas, pumpkin
D - out for dinner so probably a grill and salad/veg
S - yogurt and grapefruit
Syns - not sure yet

Sx

Morning Suzie, it's dull here today too & a bit chilly.

Your menu's looking perfect :)Do you slice the pork raw & cook as if bacon or pre cook as normal? I'm trying to steer Dave away from bacon & sausage & was thinking of buying a small joint of pork loin to cut as bacon, will it work do you think? X

Hi there,
Have a good night out Susie. Menu looking good. Hey, You´re having breakfast today. :)

Morning Suzie, it's dull here today too & a bit chilly.

Your menu's looking perfect :)Do you slice the pork raw & cook as if bacon or pre cook as normal? I'm trying to steer Dave away from bacon & sausage & was thinking of buying a small joint of pork loin to cut as bacon, will it work do you think? X

Tibbs, Good idea. I often do that, I either buy a pork loin and bake it in salt / herb shell ( if you haven´t tried it, no, it isn´t salty ) Or I buy a Turkey breast and roast it then serve it thinly sliced. Much better than the turkey slices you get pre packed.

Ooops managed to delete my post - re the pork - Mine comes pre-sliced but I'm sure a joint of pork loin would work fine, and no nitrates! :)

Later - dinner out was postponed, and actually I'm relieved, it's so cold out there - gives me a chance to snuggle down with the girls.

Instead I made lush burgers, with airfryer chips and wilted spinach - and an odd thing happened. I realised after about four chips that I was full - so they've gone in the fridge for B tomorrow :). I'm so happy when this happens!

Last edited:
Morning all - lovely day here again yaye :).

Finished off the chips and spare burger last night, I was suddenly ravenous - but it hopefully won't do any damage. Am managing to resist sneaky WIs, so we'll find out Monday!

Had a terrible night's sleep, thanks partly to an afternoon siesta on the sofa, and got an upset tum this morning - probably from eating meat late, I should know better by now! Can't go back to bed though, my scan bran and coffee arrives today, which is fab - it was scheduled for tomorrow, which meant I'd miss a big expat get together - and now I can go yaye :D.

Food - not sure, tum is gurgling away at the moment, but probably -

L - berries, grapefruit and yogurt
D - courgette and spinach pasta with pureed pumpkin as the sauce

How's everyone today? xx

Morning Susie!

I'm feeling a bit rubbish, actually. No sleep for me either.:(

Can I ask whether you've experienced insomnia as part of peri? I don't mean because of night sweats or restless legs or palpitations or any discernible physical cause - just flat out wide-awake-till-5-in the-morning type of thing? Cos I seem to be getting this more frequently in the past year, and I can't pin it on anything else. I can't even blame it on a sedentary lifestyle because I danced/walked myself to bits yesterday, felt dog-tired in the evening but ended up being awake till 5am. And I'm not someone who can ever sleep during the day, so I won't be able to make up for it at all. Ugh.

Anyhoo, sounds like your food is going great. The airfryer must be a real boon on SW I imagine - if I had one I don't think I'd eat anything other than chips, lol!:D Do you find you get a lot of use out of it?
I have a significant birthday coming up soon...I might start dropping some hints...:cool::D

Oh sorry to hear about your lack of sleep too hun! I definitely think mine is worse because of peri, and its symptoms - was awake a lot last night because of boiling hot feet and restless leg. But can't say about anything else, I've always been a bad sleeper. Hope you get a good sleep tonight xx.

A friend gave me sage leaf tablets which are supposed to help, but i can't say I've noticed any difference. However, the next purchase will be red clover, which is supposed to be good - will report back :).

Hi there,
Awful when you can´t sleep. I have odd nights that I awake around 4am and can´t go back to sleep but on the whole I´m not too bad. I think it´s worse if I have a drink.
Hope you both sleep better tonight.

Myself, I´m feeling more settled today

On the subject of Air-fryer. I wanted one for ages. Finally got one but I don´t use it so very often. Not sure if it was worth getting. That said, I´m certainly not ready to get rid of it as yet.
Chips do come out really good. Much better ( at least for me ) than when I´ve tried to do them in the oven.

On the subject of Air-fryer. I wanted one for ages. Finally got one but I don´t use it so very often

Yes I have to admit I only use mine for chips - but bought it cheap on eBay, so no massive pain to the purse :D. Apparently (according to the Two Chubby Cubs recipes) you can add 1 tblsp of Worcestershire sauce instead of oil and the chips come out beautifully. I keep forgetting to try it though!

Oooerr, That sounds interesting Susie.

Another thing to look for if you decide to but one Scrumbles is the size. They can be rather large.

Oh sorry to hear about your lack of sleep too hun! I definitely think mine is worse because of peri, and its symptoms - was awake a lot last night because of boiling hot feet and restless leg. But can't say about anything else, I've always been a bad sleeper. Hope you get a good sleep tonight xx.

A friend gave me sage leaf tablets which are supposed to help, but i can't say I've noticed any difference. However, the next purchase will be red clover, which is supposed to be good - will report back :).

Sounds like we'll both be needing a supply of matchsticks to keep our eyes open:rolleyes:o_O I've usually been an okay sleeper - always able to pull an all-nighter if need be, though:cool: - so this is a definite change for me. I'm all for a good herbal remedy, so do tell me how you go with the clover. Here's to us both getting some really good shut-eye tonight!:)

Yes I have to admit I only use mine for chips - but bought it cheap on eBay, so no massive pain to the purse :D. Apparently (according to the Two Chubby Cubs recipes) you can add 1 tblsp of Worcestershire sauce instead of oil and the chips come out beautifully. I keep forgetting to try it though!

Oooerr, That sounds interesting Susie.

Another thing to look for if you decide to but one Scrumbles is the size. They can be rather large.

They are pretty big aren't they? I'd probs end up only using it for chips too - I know what I'm like! - so if I'm being sensible I really can't justify it. Oh well!

We're all so good at acquiring stuff, aren't we?:oops: Thinking about it, the only gadget I have that has more than earned its place over the years is my slow cooker - I use that at least 3 or 4 times a week and if/when it breaks I will have to get another one immediately or starve (ok...not quite!:p but it would be fairly urgent!). Can't say the same for most of the other cupboard-fillers I've bought over the years:rolleyes:

Must be nearly dinner time over in Italy - your pasta with pumpkin sauce sounds exciting...hope it's nice!:D

Hello!

Just recovered from another little mini adventure here this afternoon, language-based as usual - the courier bringing my Scan bran and coffee rang to say he couldn't find me. I couldn't understand him, he couldn't understand me...but luckily he stopped and asked someone where my street was, and arrived 5 minutes later! As with much in Italy, half the street names aren't on maps...So am now sitting here sipping on a Little's coconut coffee, with a bit of skim milk and some sweetener and it's very nice. Looking forward to trying the French vanilla and chocolate ones :). If you do order them, do it via Holland & Barrett, they're in the half price sale and delivery is cheaper.

The pasta became lunch and changed a bit Scrummie - I dry fried some pancetta, added a can of chopped toms and threw that over the pasta and pumpkin with some chilli flakes. Very nice :D. Not sure what's for dinner - I have some of the thin sliced pork left, probably that and steamed spinach, then the berries - so lots of lovely Speed! Later - did another stir fry bursting full of speed veg - carrots, celery, silverbeet, beans - with skinny noodles and sliced pork. Polishing the halo as we speak :D.

Re gadgets - I love my slow cooker too. Still lusting after an Instant Pot but that will just have to wait. I also use my hand blender stick a lot, and should use the electric spiralizer more than I should - there are courgettes in the fridge crying out to be spiralized!

Even later still - OMG taste sensation! Just had a huge bowl of berries with banana yogurt and two low cal sweet biscuits crumbled over it for 3 syns! Very happily full now.

Last edited:
Just saw this on a FB Sw support group - hilarious! :D

Things only people who've joined slimming clubs will know.

1. You will wear exactly the same thing to get weighed each week. Even if it's -2 degrees outside you'll be wearing a floaty summer dress and freezing your tits off.

2. You've considered weighing in wearing just a swimming costume.

3. There's always a Janet in the group who takes 42 cruises a year.

4. You'll save all your Syns/Points up in the week so you can neck a bottle of vodka on Friday night.

5. There's always a Pauline in group who ate 8 sausage rolls at her cousin's funeral and put on 5 pounds in a week.

6. You will not eat a thing before weigh in. Even if weigh in is at 8pm.

7. You'll praise a Susan who maintained.

8. Food on the diet a bit dry? Quark. Need a creamy hit in your pasta? Quark. Broken leg? Quark. End world poverty? Quark.

9. Group leader: "You can eat a whole bag of pasta if you need to.....but you won't be able to"
You: "I beg to fucking differ Linda".

11. There will always be one lone man called Peter in group who loses 9 pounds each week. He seems like a lovely chap but you'll all secretly hate the bastard.

12. You will be unable to poo before you get weighed. As soon as you get home....massive ****.

13. The group leader will try to tell you that potatoes cut into strips and sprayed in Fry Light are "better than chip shop chips". This is bullshit Linda. Bullshit.

14. A new flavour of Müller Light is announced and it creates a frenzy of riot proportions.

15. Linda is no skinny cow herself and doesn't follow the plan.

16. Syns/Points don't count if it's to help cure a hangover. They also don't count if you're eating them off another person's plate.

So true it made me wince! Funny,when you are "on it" you take it all so seriously and Linda is your guru !

You my love are twinkling ! x

Back