Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

Up with sparrows today (thank you RLS!) so am just enjoying a cuppa and listening to the birds sing away :).

Italy trip is all sorted, am staying at the house belonging to my friend who died - sounds a bit macabre, but I spent a lot of time there before her accident and actually I think it will give me a much needed opportunity to remember her as she was. Got lots of lunches and dinners lined up and will apply SW as best I can - avoiding all the favourites - pasta (which hates me), wine, gelato and foccaccia bread :classic_eek:, and trying to have meat and salad wherever I can - "niente olio" (no oil)! I say this now of course, let's see if it actually happens! :classic_roll_eyes:

WI later so a light food day - tea, coffee, then the last of the green soup with spinach. Did a SWI this morning and I honestly don't think I will show a loss tonight, paying for Friday's Prosecco and extra burger bun and Saturday's sausage rolls, I guess.

I do love reading about other people's journeys on FB. One woman posted before and after pics where she had a huge belly that shrank to almost flat - and no excess skin! I know it very much depends on body type, age, etc, but she did say she'd done hardly any exercise - and I do wonder if exercise makes it worse for someone like me, with lots to lose? If muscles are toned up that's one thing, but it seems to me that the layer of fat on top doesn't go away for a lot of people who do a lot of exercise. What do you guys think?

Morning Suzie, not really sure on the exercise advice as I'm a couch potato 😸but with Dave he has done light exercise and walking to help tone up the skin as he was losing weight. Once he got to the 4-5stone down mark he upped the exercise and included weights. He's now nearly 7st less and the skin is tight, though he exercises around 1hr a day that I know not everyone can do. You could start doing your walking videos? Swimming is good for toning but it's having the courage to do it, Dave hasn't managed that yet. From what I've read on here most people start doing a bit of exercise once they've lost a few stone.
Nice idea about staying at your friends house so you can have a nice goodbye while remembering all your good times 💜
Don't melt in the sun today☀️Red hot up here already and I know London is hotter X

Men are so lucky, they always seem to lose weight and tone up so much easier than us :). I'll see how the knees hold up, not much improvement so far, despite the weight lost already - maybe a few more stone will make a difference.

Yep it's warm here already, was in the sun for a bit but had to come indoors. I'm not one for sitting in hot sun anyway, gives me a headache. No pleasing some people is there? :D

I have to exercise to lose weight, I lose very little by diet alone. My big tummy just goes from rock hard fat to dlabby lose fat and that's it. With exeticese my arms, breasts and back tone up first.
I hope you enjoy the trip away and it doesn't make you regret leaving or too upset about your friend. Strange that you moved to Italy but don't like the sun. Hope WI goes well.

Put another half pound on, which was totally expected and I guess I'm happy it wasn't more :classic_roll_eyes:.

Back on plan in the morning - going to batch cook like crazy - and also think I'll go back to basics, read the book again, and have more well thought out meals, instead of trying to do a half-hearted SP.

I thought batch cooking would be the way to.go and already im fed of the meals I have frozen. A few meals in advance would work.for me but now am wary of too much planning

Yes that's the problem for me too, I get bored with the same thing over and over - but there's hardly any room in the freezer, so I'd better start using some of it up!

But so far all I've managed to do in the kitchen today is stagger in to make a cup of tea :). Getting lots of responses for cat sitting when I'm in Italy, so been going through them. Got one young couple coming round tonight, and if the cats get on with them OK, then that's another big job off the list.

Loving having the morning off, it's another gorgeous day. Let's just hope the furbs come inside before I head off!

B/L - pork loin and greens
D - chicken korma with sugar snap peas and cauli rice
HEA/B - crackers and cheese (trying to reduce my Hifi intake!)

Slight change to the menu, I arranged to meet the housesitter (who is lovely, so all good there) after work and then was ravenous by 7pm so I'm having pork strips with greens and a quark mustard sauce, very nice too.

Had a terrible run in with Mac and cheese bites at lunchtime, had five - so NO syns tonight!

You know, maybe it's a good thing that I may not be working at FareShare much longer - still no definitive answer yet one way or the other, but it would be nice to work somewhere where there's no temptation day after day!

Hello all! A MANIC day today, but got lots done. I had a lovely self affirming talk with myself last night re work - I am not going to stress about it any longer, if they want to keep me they will have to work for it! Of course it helps that I'll have the house money in the bank as a buffer, but I'd rather not spend any of it on living costs. Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on job boards, but not going to do anything about it until the end of the month, and then see what FareShare has to offer, if anything at all.

Food today -

B - leftover pork and greens in a mustard sauce
L - chicken, cucumber and sugar snap peas - and OH NO one piece of baklava (goodbye syns!)
D - chilli pasta with mushrooms

Hope you all had a good day!

Later - change of plan for dinner, realised I had a load of veg to use up so steamed cabbage, carrots and spring greens and added some hot sauce. Not very tasty but it filled a gap. Lots left over so poured into an oven dish and poured loads of beaten egg over it - and that made four breakfasts - all speed. Feeling very virtuous :).

Last edited:
Hi Suzie, when you think about it you're weight loss has been really good over the last few months despite all the temptations of Fareshare's kitchen so keep focused as I know you're now at a very crucial point. SW is working for you and you're now able to eat just a little of something off plan and then put the brakes on..something I'm still unable to do..those Mac n cheese bites are Devine (esp costco ones) and you stopped yourself (very hard to do so proud of you there) and one piece of baklava is good too..personally I think that stuff is yak😝😸 so don't be getting bored and give up mind, you're doing excellent so keep on keeping..blinkers on ready for your trip to Italy and then you can ease up a bit over there without beating yourself up..holiday as well as signing stuff😺
I think you're a lucky, glass half full person Suzie and work wise, Fareshare has to prove they're good enough to keep you when a job with another company offers you an interview as what they did last time was pants.
Hugs..Tibbs X

Awww thanks my lovelies, big hugs and kisses all round.

I actually feel really liberated, because of the house money buffer, and i'm sure that has translated into being more confident, and giving off an "I don't care" vibe - so let's see what happens :). Maybe this will be Fate lending a hand to get me down the south coast...I'm keeping an eye on jobs down there, so who knows? Not that I feel like moving for a while yet!

Been SO good on food today. The boss put a chocolate on my desk earlier which I promptly gave back to him - and he'd picked out my favourite type too :classic_eek::classic_cool:. At lunch I had salad, while everyone chowed down on sausage rolls and toasted sandwiches. I also resisted - although this was much easier - a madly psychedelic cake with a Willy Wonka look to it. The others said it was horrible, like eating mouthfuls of sugar!

Poor wee Stella is poorly again. I really thought she was on the mend yesterday, no more squatting on the towels I've put everywhere - but then I gave her a webbex cream lick thing, which she loved, and then this morning - spots of blood everywhere. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if the lick thing caused it. Yuck. Will up her cystitis dosage and see if that helps.

B - egg veg bake and mushrooms, coffee
L - spring greens, tomato, mushroom, beetroot, a tiny piece of feta, green lentils and a couple of walnuts - then an orange and an apple
D - beef bolognese yum!

Ah, poor Stella ((X))
Excellent to turn down your favourite chocolate..bet that made you feel brilliant🌻
Your menu looks scrumilicious 😋X

I agree about the salad unless it has potatoes in it on left hungry.
Hope Stella is OK, has she been to the vet?

Hope Stella is OK, has she been to the vet?

No, the vet won't do anything apart from recommend relaxants and particular food, which I already do - but she has improved overnight, no more blood spots! I'd been letting her eat normal food and trying a different urinary control food (a cheaper one) but think it hasn't quite been doing the trick. I've also upped her medication from 1 to 2 tablets a day (advice from fellow cat owners) until it clears up, and she's back on the expensive Royal Canin food - but it could have been anything, feline cystitis is really common - some cats get stressed just from a change of cat litter.

Lovely morning - and it's Friday yaye!

B - veg egg bake and coffee
L - pasta bolognese with spring greens, tangerine, apple
D - pork loin with spinach and mustard sauce

I've even brought a Hifi bar with me in case the kitchen is full of temptations at lunchtime! :)

Have a good one x

Last edited:
Lovely food day Suzie..good planning about taking a hifi bar to work 😺

Back